Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Hi Tagan

I think you've realised at a good time that you are starting to go further than you need. I reached a low of 110 pounds (i'm 5'7) before I realised I needed to stop.

I maintained for awhile around 125 pounds but ultimately decided for me it was still too skinny.

My goal now is just to tone... over the past couple of years I have gained about 5-6 kgs of muscle and a wee bit of fat as well lol. I am now whittling off the little bit of flab thats crept on while maintaining the muscle I worked hard for.

I eat a lot however and definitely don't shun carbs i.e. bread and pasta. If you're very active and not trying to lose weight you should be consuming more carbs... make friends with pasta, wholegrain bread and rice again lol. Your body NEEDS fuel

It took a long time to overcome my obsession with food, eating and the guilt associated. Now however I have realised I only have the one body and the one life and I am treating neither well if I don't do all things in moderation - whether that be exercising or having the occasional splurge on a decadent piece of caramal slice lol.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 150/128/125

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Lyria. You're right and I've been doing a lot of thinking today. Just got home from an intense 2 and a half hour workout and starting to realize that I need to fuel the kind of workouts I do.

Rethinking the carbs thing too. Rice and pasta I will do. Bread is a serious trigger for me though. I love the stuff so think that I'll still save it as a treat for weekends! A co-worker came around to my office with some yummy glutinous pumpkin rice cakes today and I had a bit of it. It's a carb, I enjoyed every bite and it's a start I guess!

I'm really happy with the way I look now so hat means I need to up my calories to stop losing weight as I have been. Once again, thanks to all for the wonderful advice. It's helped me immeasurably!
Tagan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 210/150/150/140

Height: 5'9"

Tagan

When I was in my early to mid 20's, I weighed 125. I was thin, but not what people would describe as too skinny.

Now, in my mid 40's, I'd be happy to be around 140.

I've been working with a trainer as well, and adding lean muscle. He's very strict, pertaining to my diet, and making sure I'm eating enough. It's very hard to build muscle on a calorie deficit. Make sure you're eating enough protein, to build muscle, and enough carbs and fat, to fuel your body. Your workouts alone will take care of the rest.

BTW, you look fantastic.
Suzyszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I think you look great, but it's more important what you think, and if you think you looked better with a few more pounds, than it's very reasonable to make that a goal.

You diet overall sounds pretty good, maybe try increasing the portions slightly, like 3/4 c oatmeal, an extra 25 gr of shrimp and chicken, etc. esp. if you aren't sure you are completely comfortable adding in starchy food that might be a trigger for you to over eat.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #20  

Hey, if you want a guys opinion, I think you look good! No reason to think you've lost too much. I don't think your face looks too thin. I wouldn't lose anymore though..I mean, you're 128..120 or below might be a bit too much. If you like to exercise then keep doing it just try to eat more to balance out if you're still losing, that way you can maintain.
shenfan90 is offline   Reply With Quote