3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Post-Easter Sugar Detox: 1 Week Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/198514-post-easter-sugar-detox-1-week-challenge.html)

ars 04-04-2010 09:07 PM

Post-Easter Sugar Detox: 1 Week Challenge

I normally don't have much of a sweet tooth....except around Easter! Those Reese's peanut butter eggs do me in every year. Not to mention cake and cookies. I think I ate cake, cookies, and/or candy every day last week. I fit it in to my calorie counting, but boy, after a week, I feel gross! And I am having terrible cravings for pizza and chinese!

Anyway, I'm taking my candy to work tomorrow to give it away. And I'm swearing off anything sugary this week.

Any takers to join me and keep each other accountable through next Sunday?

Tuca125 04-04-2010 09:12 PM

Ho yes yes yes me....

I will WI tomorrow and post here , and maybe we can post our menu to.

SlimBy2011 04-04-2010 10:50 PM

I'd love to. My starting weight is 177.

fashinjunkie09 04-04-2010 11:57 PM

I'm so in. I have also been eating crazy candy and cookies all weekend and feel gross. I normally dont have a sweet tooth either what is it with Easter? I'll post my official weight in the morning, although I know it's not going to be good. But we can do this ladies! :)

polarisx89 04-05-2010 12:04 AM

Ugh, agreed! I factored it into my calories, but I still feel pretty awful...the scale is not going to be doing good things tomorrow morning.

I'm an RA at my school, so my plan of action is to give any remaining candy away to my residents ;)

SW: 196.5

Avezy44 04-05-2010 12:05 AM

Reading this made me feel better. I didn't have any candy but I had a small cup cake and probably 3 or 4 tbs of frosting while baking a cake :( Soo count me in :) My weight as of yesterday was 128.6. I will update next Monday :)

alexandraT 04-05-2010 08:23 AM

oh i am so in. And i brought leftover candy in with me to work as well! It wasn't so much the candy that did me in this weekend, I'm not a huge candy person, it was just being home and having all of this other food (breads, cheeses, chocolate cake) around that did me in, and a fair amount of wine as well...

As of last Friday, my weight was 147. This morning: 153. It made me sick to look at the scale, even though I know 90% of it is water weight. I drank a decent amount of wine for lunch yesterday after barely drinking any water at all the whole wknd, and I didn't have any water to drink the rest of the day so as to not have to use the gross bathrooms on the airplane ride home, so i know its just me being dehydrated, but still. I was so happy to get out of the 150s and this morning it said 153. DEFINITELY going on a detox today, and probably this whole week. So far for breakfast: 1 hardboiled egg, a couple apple slices, and some grapes.

Eliana 04-05-2010 09:00 AM

I think I just might do this. I don't really have any cravings right now because I've cleaned up my diet since November. However, because of my recent slow down in weight, I think my carb sensitivity is taking its toll, so I'm trying to do an early phase II style South Beach. Following the program strictly I'd just be coming off two weeks of no carbs. Instead, I'm cutting out all carbs but one a day starting today and adding them in slowly depending on the scale.

Anyway...long story short, I need to swear off chocolate and popcorn this week, my two vices. My few carbs need to come from slightly more nutritive sources. :rofl:

Today I weigh 193.8
My one carb today shall be the steel cut oats I already ate (aside from veggie carbs, of course)

stargzr 04-05-2010 09:58 AM

This sounds great, I'm in! I am also not usually a sweets person, but I think because the cookies were sitting out I just kept going back. :p I guess the power went out at my house last night so my alarm didn't go off this morning therefore, I don't have a WI for today. I'll post tomorrow with the damage done. I want 154 by Friday! NO EXCEPTIONS!!

shoeluver67 04-05-2010 11:00 AM

i'm in too! yesterday i had to make a chocolate cheesecake AND a regular yellow cake with homemade chocolate frosting! yeah, you can imagine...it went like this...."one spoonful on the cake, one for me, one spoonful on the cake, one for me...." so i'm all over that. so many setbacks in the past week, i'm basically starting all over again.

fatmad 04-05-2010 11:54 AM

I did indulge in some chocolate so will be good for a challenge to get off the stuff. BUT, don't give away your candy, just throw it out if you don't want it.
Why do we want to make others unhealthy?
If its not ok for you, do you really think your co-workers didn't get any candy this weekend and need it?
Also, it will be at work tempting you as well.
Just toss it, and any other temptations at home you need to get rid of.
JMHO

Tuca125 04-05-2010 12:12 PM

Well I Wi today at 135.4 , my last Wi was 133.6 .

SlimBy2011 04-05-2010 03:34 PM

Today is pretty frustrating. I gained a pound even though I did pretty good today. I know it's just because of my TOM but still!

Today I've done pretty good though. No sugar at all.

fashinjunkie09 04-05-2010 03:36 PM

Official WI this morning is 161.0. Last week's was 157.3 so this sucks. Oh well I'm back on track today!

Also, I've decided that nothing goes into my mouth this week but exactly what Ive got planned. Usually I'll have a small bite of this or that while I'm cooking or something but I'm challenging myself to not do it at all for a whole week, I want to see 156 soon!!

fashinjunkie09 04-05-2010 06:01 PM

Just wanted to add that at work today there's leftover wedding cake (from a girl who got married Friday) and leftover cheesecake (from a different girl's last day Friday) and I haven't touched any of it! :D