Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #1  

Default what are you looking ahead to?

So beyond our mini-goals of pounds and inches and (for the competitively inclined) races, what are the events that you are looking ahead to in the next year? Holidays or events or special gatherings that are coming up that motivate you to stay on track? For me...

...going to Boston in June and July - it's so close, and I really want to be well into onederland and able to wear cute summery clothes and feel confident while I'm there, as well as being fit enough to take advantage of dance and capoeira and other classes in the city.

...friend's wedding on July 31. Cute sleeveless summer dress, here I come!

...running a four mile race over Labor Day weekend.

...family wedding on Sept 17. Seeing family that I haven't seen since I've started losing weight, and, yes, time for another cute dress.

...traveling with family to Peru in October. Having the energy and stamina (especially in high altitude) and fitness level to really enjoy the trip and feel good about being photographed all the time.

...preparing for longer races in Spring 2011 - 10ks, 10 milers, maybe (MAYBE) even a half marathon!

Thinking about this definitely gets my butt to the gym to lift, or the willpower to not snack after dinner or pass on the cookies someone brought to a staff meeting. What milestones do you foresee that keep you motivated and on track?
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #2  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

my 29th bday is coming right up. we're having a big party and i cant wait to put on a cute skirt, (maybe even a mini!) and see all my friends!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm looking forward to being able to do more physical activity with less pain. Also, going to CO to visit childrens and grand childrens for Christmas and it would be wonderful to run and play with the grands.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #4  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

My sister, who is the same height as I (or is it me?) is about at my goal weight. She looks great (but she wants to lose a few more). Anywho - she is getting married in October. I am the Matron of Honor... and I DO NOT WANT TO BE THE FAT GIRL in all her pictures!!!

And I know that this is going to be one rip roaring of a good time at the reception. My sister is marrying a great friend of mine from college. So, everyone I have ever been friends with will be there. I CAN'T BE standing at the alter LOOKING OBESE! Stuffed into a gown! With back fat! ~GASP!~

So, that has been a HUGE motivator for me to really get serious.

I am also looking forward to wearing cute clothes this summer!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/205/150

Height: 5'6

My ten year high school reunion is this summer. I would love to show up SMALLER than I was in high school. And, I 'm standing up in my best friend's extravagant wedding. I want to feel good, and not like the fat bridesmaid

These are two big things that are keeping me going.
lizzybeth81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #6  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

My wonderful boyfriend is currently in Iraq. He's been gone for 6 months, and the last time he saw me, I was at my highest weight. He comes home in July for leave, and I can't wait for him to see the new me! I'm sure I'll be at goal by then and I'll keep toning up so I'll be feeling my best! I know he loves me no matter what size I am, but it'll be exciting to show him all my hard work.

I'm also looking forward to maintaining. I have mostly enjoyed the weight loss journey, but it'll be nice to not be waiting on the scale to go down. I'm not planning on changing my plan much at all, maybe adding 100cal to my calorie limit until I find my maintenance, but I just want to reach that number and get on with life.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #7  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

The summer... lots of beach days, cottage parties, and a couple of weddings. And just summer clothing in general makes me excited to be slim and healthy. I keep going on polyvore.com and playing around with outfits. It's distracting and motivating
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Megan, does your boyfriend know you're doing this? I've always meant to ask.

I'm not doing this FOR any event, but the fact that I am doing this and there will be a family wedding in March makes me very happy. The wedding came up after I started this journey. It's far away and with family I never see and they're all kind of perfect people. I've always felt inferior.

I also think at times about my next reunion four years off and how maybe this time I'll actually want to go!

AND my dad, who lives a two days drive away, will be visiting in October and I have not told him I've lost weight. I can't wait to see his face.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/225/170

Height: 5' 7"

I have a cruise lined up for mid-October. I'm really looking forward to being 30# less and buying new clothes for the cruise.

I also look forward to exercising more! I've come to really enjoy it but I just wish I could do it longer. I have a mini-goal of being able to run for 10 minutes straight. (Right now I can barely finish 1 minute.)

Overall I look forward to feeling a lot better about myself. Buying a whole new wardrobe to go with the whole new me...
xocessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

Family vacation in June......I would like to lose at least 15 lbs by then!
abreezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:10 PM   #11  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I am going to visit my sister & family at the end of May and REALLY want to be to onderland by then!
I cant wait for the summer and cute summer dresses, bathing suits, trips to the beach/pool, and just just for once looking forward to summer. Ive become a fan of winter as Ive gotten older and more obese simply because I can hide in winter clothes. Im looking forward to soaking in the summer sun this year!

My ultimate goal will be reached by my birthday in October with time to spare! I cant wait! Im going to celebrate my birthday this year for the first time in a very long time!
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #12  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

I'm not exactly doing it 'for' any event in particular, but I'm looking forward to being a tad skinnier when we go to Rome in November. We've been 10 times now, and every time I've been hot and uncomfortable and sweaty and sore-footed, so if I can feel more comfortable in my skin that would be a bonus.

But, ultimately, I'm doing it more for the day to day joys of simple things such as being able to move around more easily, sleeping without snoring, wearing skirts in summer, having more energy, having a better quality of life etc. etc. etc....
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #13  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Eliana, he kind of knows As in, he knows that I'm "getting healthier," but he does not know that he'll see his girlfriend minus 40+lbs when he gets home, haha. Partly because I want to surprise him, and also, I don't want him to know my starting weight/how much I lost, etc. Just my own complex about numbers, lol. So I tell him that I've been eating healthier and working out, and every once in awhile, I'll mention that I lost a pound or something. It'll be exciting to see his reaction
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #14  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

hm... I didn't start this for any particular event either...still...

- I'm seriously looking forward to this summer's hiking and biking

- we have a winter vacation planned for Jan 2011 in a warm place (yay!). It will be fabulous to be lighter and wearing nicer clothes for that vacation. I should have reached the healthy weight zone by then.

- I have some family coming in to visit this summer, and it will be fun to see their faces when they see an altered me.

Last edited by calluna; 04-09-2010 at 05:14 PM.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #15  
Started IP 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 290/187/110

Height: 5'1"

My brother is getting married next year, so my goal is to lose weight by then.
cmk79 is offline   Reply With Quote