3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Is this crazy? Or great? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/198184-crazy-great.html)

ncuneo 03-31-2010 05:09 PM

Is this crazy? Or great?

So I usually jog/walk 5xs a week with 2 rest days. One of the rest days is always Saturday (even though I still do a couple mile leisurly walk with my girlfriends) and the other day is whenever I feel my body needs a rest. Well yesterday I needed a rest and needed to spend some time with the hubby (we have opposite work schedules) so I didn't run. Today I have to go to my mom's for dinner because my grandparents are in town (I never see them). I won't have time to exercise before I get there and I figure I should be home between 7-8. So I figured I could squezz in about a 45 min jog with my toddler in the stroller between 8 and 9 and have him home just in time for bed. Is this nuts...should I just give myself a break...big deal I'm only getting 4 days of exercise this week. Or is it good that I'm fitting it in no matter what? My issue is that I'm all jittery now when I don't get my run in:carrot: and I'm not sure what the plans are tomorrow with my grandparents so there is a chance I won't be able to exercise tomorrow either. Am I stressing over nothing...?

mom4life 03-31-2010 05:17 PM

LOL I'm the same way. I do a daily hour brisk walk, I try to give myself a day or two off but its hard. There are some days that I feel the need to do an extra 30 minutes just because I feel jittery or have a need to do something, since I'm pregnant my dh thinks I'm nuts or pushing it too far. LOL

Aclai4067 03-31-2010 05:30 PM

If it makes you feel better to squeeze your run in then do it!

BrittanieYork 03-31-2010 05:47 PM

I wish I had your problem! I hate running and my daughter hates to walk in the stroller. It would be so nice to be so much in the habit of jogging/running that I stressed out about not being able to. I say do it, if you want to. You've lost 100 lbs?!?! That's amazing! You got there for a reason ;)

For every 5 lbs lost
:cheer: :cheer: had to take one off - that’s disappointing :tantrum:

Stopped smoking: 3/30/2010

Mini Goal 1: 199 - 6lbs to go
Mini Goal 2: 185 - 20lbs to go - Memorial Day Challenge
Mini Goal 3: 175 - 30lbs to go
Mini Goal 4: 160 - 45lbs to go
Unrealistic Goal?? 155 - 50lbs to go

VernDern 03-31-2010 05:54 PM

I would say squeeze it in especially if you start getting jittery from not! lol

I think it would be too easy to start not fitting it into your daily schedule if you start saying its okay and not doing it. I notice if I take more than 2 days off or so I have a very hard time getting back into wanting to go work out and Ive been on my journey for 6 months. So personally, if I took yesterday off and then knew I would have a hard time getting in a workout tomorrow I would definitely squeeze one in today just in case! =)

Good luck!

ubergirl 03-31-2010 05:58 PM

Squeeze it in! I have the same problem about getting jittery-- last week I missed Thursday and had Friday scheduled off due to my work schedule. I ended up running at 1000 at night after a fourteen hour work day, and I felt SO MUCH BETTER.

Just go for it-- and lucky you if you can run with your toddler. I loss so much fitness after the birth of my first because he SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER the entire time I pushed him in the jog stroller-- which kind of put a damper on things.

ncuneo 03-31-2010 06:25 PM

I think I found a better solution! We're going to the park for pictures, so we're going to get there early and do some laps before! I can't believe how excited I am...so funny. My mom is kinda pissed I'm going to be sweaty for the pics, but oh well!

Shmead 03-31-2010 06:26 PM

Making something a priority means it comes first, not it comes "first after everything else". Exercise is more important than bedtime being 15 minutes off or whatever. Run!