3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 10:19 AM   #31
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!
Well, life just continues to stay crazy here. Last nite my supervisor asked me if I would be willing to drive in the am too..... and bring Dd to school. They claim that it is short term. I dunno. To be a nice guy........gal...........whatever.........I will do it. They say it is just for a month in duration. We will see.

Great to hear from you Jackie! I hope that you are doing ok with your challenge today. I have also put back on some weight- a lot of what I lost last year
. Maybe we can both do well today. Last nite Dd picked up some pictures from the summer........and I was a few pounds thinner than I am now and am digusted at how I looked then.......there's gotta be a better way. As for my kiddies.........well, Dh is 6'3 with blond hair and blue eyes. As for me, I am 5'4 1/2" and look italian (but have no italian in me at all).
My three children????????? All 3 have blond hair and blue eyes- Ds will be well over 6' tall, my youngest Dd is very tall- probably about 5'8" as an adult and Dd (16) is the only one (although she looks just like her dad) of average height, 5'4 1/2! What happened to me????? BTW, Dd passed her road test ! Lord, give me grace.............
Ds went back to school today and is mostly better. Just a bit tired.

Melissa- hope that you are having a good day and got your workout in.

Gotta go get my walk in!! Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 09-13-2002, 02:41 PM   #32
baj

Ahhh I'm back...

Never really went anywhere I guess... still plugging along not doing very well this week--not horrible but not good either. I have been painting the bedroom and ripping up carpet while DH is gone hunting--I feel strong. wish it was skinny strong....

About the breast reduction I still have'nt called I know that I want one it is just taking that first step I guess.

I think that I will make shorter goals and see if I can stick with them better. Instead of looking at Christmas I will look at Halloween.
I have been thinking of buying a new scale. a digital one. My DS keeps moving the little knob and my weight is jumping all over the place. I don;t want one of the bmi ones I don;t think that they can really be that accurate. I weight 193.5 an 5'4 and am a size 14. Clinicaly that is obese I guess and by looking at a chart my bmi is like 34. or something and should be 22-24. that would be great don't get me wrong but I can weight 145 and be a size 6. That is about as small as I get and it is horribly hard to maintain--like eatting every other day or once a day==around 800 calories at most. I don't want to live that way so this time I am aiming for about 160 and eatting healthy and exerciseing and not being afraid but knowing what I need to do and feeling good about it.
Sorry for rattling on.
I had so many posts to read that I can't really remember who was doing what anymore--that is really bad huh?
So a good all around one will have to do--

everybody drink your water--hope your kids gets well---drive the bus carefully --have the DH buy a new computer. and good job and your loss--great job eatting!!! and so on.

Have a great day!!!!

Anna
Old 09-13-2002, 09:07 PM   #33
One day at a time.

Hello there,

Ginny, What a beautiful sounding bunch you have! So, you gonna be able to handle those kids in the AM and PM? Sure you are, you just seem like you've always got it together! Wish I was that way, I seem to be so scatter brained lately Oh well Good luck anyway!

Hi there Anna, nice to hear from you again! That sure sounds like some harsh dieting! I know I've been there too, but not anymore! Now I'm hooked on Weight Watchers, and it's so easy! I actually eat more now than I ever have, but the difference is it's the kind of things that are good for you. I'm eating healthy now! But believe me, I still snack plenty, just yummy, healthy snacks like fresh fruit, or sugar free ice cream bars and lots of other stuff too. It's so hard to believe that I lose, cause I feel like I'm always eating.

I'm having a good day today, Dh and I went to the gym, and I rode the lifecycle for 15 minutes, walked on the treadmill for 21 minutes, and did a few of the weight machines to help tone my arms and thighs (did that for 20 minutes). Then I went grocery shopping for an hour and a half, so I got a great workout today.
Now I'm cooking a yummy breaded porkchop dinner w/ veggies, then we're gonna watch a movie! I guess I better go check on dinner. Oh yea, my eating has been good, as well as my water, but I didn't exercise yesterday. But, that's the only day that I missed this week!!! Yeah!!!

I'll talk to y'all later!
EDD: 4/29/05
Old 09-14-2002, 02:45 PM   #34
Searching for Motivation

Afternoon ladies!

Well, this week went a little better than last (thank goodness!). I seem to have gotten into the swing of the routine and getting up early and all. I was still tired, but then I'm ALWAYS tired - that's probably my dh's biggest complaint - and I've been tested too so I guess it's just in my genes. My mom has always been the same way - tired, tired, tired.

Anyway, my eating was good until dh made choc chip cookies !! I was so surprised! I came up from my w/o on Wed to smell cookies baking; and so it's been a couple cookies here and maybe several there - you get the drift! I'm tellin ya, when it comes to cookies, I'm a lost cause - they are my ultimate weakness! Needless to say, I have probably remained even this week due to them (darnit!).

Exercise has been ok, I worked out MTW and plan to do it today and tomorrow too. I skipped Th cause I was working on more Brownie stuff and my bros ended up coming over last night and I couldn't find a private place to go with a tv in it. So now, I'll have to substitute in Sun. Kinda bummed but at least I'll have all day to do them and shouldn't be too tired .

Ginny - I think volunteering to help the bus co out is very noble of you; however, be really careful that it doesn't turn into a burden for you. Keep close tabs on how you feel about it and be honest with yourself - if all is going well and they need you to stay, then stay. If you dread (harsh word, I know) doing it then simply and politely remove yourself from the situation. You have to do what's right for you and you are allowed to say no if it's not good for you. Hope this helps when you're fighting with yourself .

Anna - Take some time for youself and really think about what's best for you and your body. I know it's scary but procrastinating the inevitable only makes the situation/problem worse. There's nothing wrong with making phone calls to get information. You're not committing yourself to anything and you're getting more educated in the process. You can't and shouldn't make a life-changing decision such as yours without first acquiring all the knowledge possible. Then you can make the decision. It's true when they say, knowledge is power! Don't let fear control you!

Mel - I think it's great that you are starting to go to the gym. I haven't been to one in a long time and unrfotunately, the closest one to me is 1/2 hr away, but I always felt so good when I was there. You just have access to so many machines and TRAINERS! They really are there to help you so I advise getting one to help you determine a routine that works for you. This will also allow you to follow your progress and see results in inches, not just #s. Good luck!

I really have to wonder where everyone else is.....I miss you all and wish you'd at least check in to say you're ok. Misty - you're the one who really comes to mind. Are you and the kids ok? Spryng - did you take a vacation and I just don't remember? Karen - how's your pamphlet coming? Jackie - I know you've had pc issues so check in when you can. I'm forgetting some, I know.....sorry bout that........memory is terrible. Please pop in to just let us know ok ladies? Thanks

TTYL!

and (all the time...grrr.....)
Old 09-15-2002, 03:23 AM   #35

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hello!

Sassypie: I'm still kick'n My computer actually is working again, but unfortunately...I've been busy working again too! I've been doing some extensive housecleaning since the kids are in school. Our place really got trashed over the summer.
Now-back to my computer: I've put down the pen cap & eyebrow tweezers & have upgraded to a chopstick!
The chopstick is now my official on & off stick!
This will have to do until we get a new computer I guess! Sassy: After reading your post-You're new nickname here is Ann Landers. You sure know how to make us all feel better! As for the cookies: DD wanted me to make some tonight, but I decided it was too risky for me! Next weekend DH & I are going out of town for a golf-outing with one of his customers & when the guys finish golfing, there will be a dinner to follow. One of the wives that are coming is a knock-out babe & I feel kind of threatened by her looks. I feel like I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb! There's one thing in my favor though...This gal has a real "Potty Mouth" & just about every other word that comes out of her mouth is the "F" word!
The last time we had dinner with her we were at a very elite restaurant & she totally embarrassed all of us! So...if I can hide my bod for most of the evening behind the table & act like a polite & responsible woman, I should be okay I think! Am I making any sense? I'm so mad at myself for gaining back most of the l6# that I have lost! Why couldn't this event have happened 16# ago? I'm sorry gals that I'm babbling on & on. I guess I just needed to vent.Ginny:
Good luck with the extra shift of driving the bus!
Who knows-maybe you can be that one kids guardian angel. You're filled with so much compassion, it sure will shine on this one special student! Anna: Mind if I join you on the Halloween challenge? I find that the smaller goals work out better for me too. I will still keep our other daily challenges going too. Don't take in too few of calories though, as this will cause your body to go into a "starvation" mode. Try & stay at 1200 cals & spread it out into 6 small meals instead of 3 average sized meals. And of course: We can't forget our water!
Mel: Way to go on going to the GYM! Can you rub some of this motivation off on me? I've sure been in a slump lately. Well ladies: I'm getting really tired, so I'm going to sign off for now. TTFN

Last edited by Freckles; 09-15-2002 at 03:28 AM.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:35 PM   #36
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi Gang!

I just got back online today! The kids started school and My life got put on hold! UGH!!

Mel, Thanks for asking about my leaflet! It is released for sale and has done pretty darn good the first 15 days in sales! I also have 3 companies (one local) that wants to stock it! Needless to say, I am thrilled with that prospect!

On the weight front, Sad to say, I havent been paying attention. I am getting back on track starting right now!

Anna-You and I are at about the same spot! I am 5'4' and weigh in at about 192. (Although weigh in is on Wed and I could be more at this point) I read something about a Breast reduction. You might want to really think about it before you do it. One of my best friends did it in college. (Doctors recomendation because the were causing back problems) She was about 50 pounds over weight when she had it done. She has since lost all her weight and may have to have it "re-worked" as she is now smaller and has sagging issues. Just a thought!

I will check in later and post mre, right now the kiddos are clamoring for breakfast!

Hugs to all!

"Have a Nice Day!" - Bon Jovi
Old 09-15-2002, 10:09 PM   #37
Searching for Motivation

Hi ladies

Jackie - Ann Landors? Hardly! I guess upon reading my post back tonight, I do sound a bit like her though, eh? Haha! Well, here's a bit more and it's especially for you: First of all, let me just say that you are a BEAUTIFUL person both inside AND out! Please don't ever say that you want to hide your body just because some cute little (potty-mouthed) chick comes your way. You are worth more than just a passing glance and you shouldn't shame yourself into the corner (or by hiding behind a table all night!). As for the potty mouth itself, if she starts talking that way, do your best not to encourage her by nodding, laughing or responding with emphasis to her comments. You can still be polite, but just don't act too interested. Perhaps, she'll tone it down a bit if you keep an even keel. (Then again, if she's one of those people who goes on and on and just doesn't seem to care regardless, my prayers will be with you!!!!)

Karen - so glad you were able to pop in! I'm glad to hear everything's going so well business-wise, but on the other hand, sorry about the wieght problems. Can't blame you though, sometimes we need to take a breath or two from all the "stuff" going on in our lives. You'll get back into it soon enough and you know you can always sound off or get encouragement here.

AS for me, I worked out last night and haven't today and am not sure if I will. It's been one of those days where I've felt like I've had a hangover all day. My eyes and head have been throbbing off and on and I have been really cranky and short with everyone. TOM was last week, so wonder what's up?.........Hormones!!!! Why o why do we have to deal with them all the time?

I think I'm gonna park it and watch a little tv and then go to bed. Maybe I can dh to get on the pc and do some football stuff so I don't have to share the remote . Wish me luck! See ya next week

and (all the time...grrr.....)
Old 09-16-2002, 12:33 AM   #38
baj

Well aren't you guys just the talkers......

thank you guys for all the kind words you are just all great. I wonder where Spryng is? Hope that she is okay.

KarenW--It is nice to know that someone out there knows how it feels. I know that you are right about the breast reduction thing and the weight. They are just so in the way and painful it would be nice to just go get them cut off. But yes you are right about waiting.

Sassypie--you are so right about a phonecall??? what will it hurt and it is better to get it all out of the way know so that I know huh? Thanks for that little kick in the pants.

Jackie--man oh man--do want to do a little challenge for Halloween? How much do you want to try to lose? I need to do something because I can see myself slipping away and I just can't do that. My whole life as I know it depends on it. So lets pick a number..
And anybody else ----join in and we will make it a group effort--there is power in numbers right?

Well tomorrow I VOW to do my exercises--to eat 1200 calories--to drink my water and most of all feel good about myself while doing it.
So off to tomorrow...to infinity and beyond.....
I watch to many cartoons...LOL

Anna
Old 09-16-2002, 12:39 PM   #39

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning, Everyone!

Well, let's see where I should begin here. Hmmn....oh yea, my daily challenges. 1.) Drink all my water 2.) Get my fruits & veggies in. 3.) Stay low on fat grams I won't have exercise as one of my challenges until all my housework is done. (Stamping party is tomorrow night.) Anna: As for the challenge goes: Awhile back, some of the gals suggested that we set our own weight loss challenge. We can still have the same challenge dates, but we may all have different amounts of weight that we want to lose at that time. For instance: I may have a 5# challenge & you may choose to go lower or higher than that. Once each individual person picks their "ideal" amount to lose, we have to try & stick with it. So... from now until Halloween: I have decided to challenge myself to a 5# loss. Some of us may want to add a daily amount of exercise to our challenges. For me: Starting Wed. I will try to challenge myself to exercise at least 30 minutes p/day for 3-5 days p/wk. Sassypie: Thanks for all the encouraging words! As for the "potty mouth" babe: Just about every-other word that comes out of her mouth is trash! I'll try & be as cordial as possible to her. Don't get me wrong: She's a nice gal, just has a problem with the words that come out of her mouth. As for you: I hope that you are feeling better & that your throbbing headaches have went away. KarenW: Welcome back! I'm starting to get a routine going myself since the kids are in school again. It feels good to clean/organize the house & not have it get all messed up again in an hours time! My laundry is all caught up, so now I can go tackle our bedroom, aka: the dump station!! I promised myself that it will change back into a Bed & Breakfast before the end of this week! Wish me luck, gals! Well, I suppose I'd better get going, as the bedroom isn't a self-cleaning model!! TTFN

Last edited by Freckles; 09-16-2002 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:24 PM   #40
baj

Hey Jackie!!!! I must have written that wrong--I know what you mean about everybody with a different weightloss goal for the challenge. 5# I bet you do it and more. I am going to go for 8# I figure that if I drink all my water --in the first 2 days I will lose 3#. so we are off.
i already did my exercises today--416 calories worth.

Did you know? I dont know how right this is but what do you guys think?

You know that diet power thing that I was talking about?
Well lets say that you eat 1200 cals and burn 200 in exercise--that is really only 1000 calories that you have eatten so you should 200 more. so for the whole day you will eat 1400 to equal 1200.
did that make sense? I never thought of it that way. Then again that is just me.

I did buy one of those scales--digital I got on it 5 different times and got alot of different numbers. I got on with my clothes on and weighted less than I did naked. How am I supposed to tell if I am losing? it is different everytime. I thought that it was going to be a good thing..... PLUS it says that I weight 13 more pounds heavier than my old scale----URGGGGGHHHHHHH
How could this be? 13 pounds is a lot to be off.
Last week when I went to the Dr. his scale was 7 pounds different but it was 3:00 in the p.m so not that big of a jump but 13???????? I guess it is really only a number but if it changes everytime ......!!!!!!

anyway I am off to fold some laundry....

Anna
Old 09-16-2002, 01:41 PM   #41
One day at a time.

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm back, we decided to go stay at the lake Saturday night, and I just can't tell you how much I enjoyed that! We really didn't do anything, but it was nice to get away from home.

I'm glad to see that our friends are making there way back in here, I sure hope that everything is alright with Spryng! I'm gettin a little worried about her, has anyone heard from her?

Jackie, have fun tomorrow with your stamping party!

Anna, I think I'll join your challenge, but I'm gonna make my goal 10#

Sassy, I know how you feel, I do the same thing. I always get PMS after TOM, headache and all. I hope you're feeling better.

As for me, I haven't exercised since Friday. I'm still so sore, that I can barely move my arms, but I am gonna get back on the treadmill today. My eating has been good, but I've been slacking off on my water. So today I'm gonna straighten that out!

Daily goals:
1. Drink 80 oz. water
2. eat 5 fruits and veggies
3. exercise at least 30 minutes (M-F)
4. stay with in my WW point range

I'm off to do some cleaning! TTFN
Old 09-16-2002, 05:46 PM   #42
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Geez! What a day I have had! and it is only 1:30!!

This morning on the way to school a Nail punctured my tire and I didnt know it until AFTER the kids were dropped off! (Thank goodness for that!) But my 3 hours to myself were gone as I waited on the side of the road in my work out clothes! I had enough time to come home and take a shower before I had to be back to get the kids! Sigh...

I have one goal for today...

DRINK MY WATER!!

With the day I have had... I just cant go any farther than that...

I will chat more later but I am cleaning house!!

Hugs!!

"Have a Nice Day!" - Bon Jovi
Old 09-17-2002, 01:12 PM   #43
burned out bus driver

HI!
I am still alive...............just up to my eyeballs in stuff. The next few days look to be insane for me..........lots of stuff to do so I will not be able to post much. But I think of each of you a lot.

Gotta go!! Have a great day and I miss you!
Ginny
Old 09-17-2002, 04:33 PM   #44
baj

Wow where is everyone?
Hope everybody is good.
well not much going on here. Oh yeah the scale was down 1.5 this morning or 3 depending on which weight I went by yesterday. I am almost tempted to just use the old one it seems harder to move but when it does atleast I know. I will just have to hide form my kid. he seems to like the new one anyway.

Well the day after tomorrow my new carpet comes for my bedroom. We have been sleeping on the matress in the middle of the floor for a week now. It is kind of fun really--the smell of fresh paint and wood is just great I love it. Got the blind for the window today so Dh will be busy for 30 minutes anyway. It is rainy here today so I had to sqeeze on those 14's to go shopping. I have shorts that are 14's and are lose but my jeans are well..you know....

Anyway was gone this morning so I am going to do my exercises while I watch DR. Phil at 3:00. Got alot of water to catch up on..

See ya
Anna
Old 09-18-2002, 09:14 AM   #45
One day at a time.

Morning,

I still can believe how quiet it's been here!

Anna, WTG on losing another 1.5 lbs. that's great!! And I'm excited for you and the job you took on, in re doing your room. Have fun, and enjoy!

Karen, I hope things have settled down for you!

Ginny, we miss you too! And I hope you can get in some me time soon! Take care!

As for me, I went to weigh in last night, and was happy to see a loss of 1.4 lbs!!! Which brings my total lost to 42.2 lbs!!! Yeah! I'm almost 1/3 of the way to goal! But I didn't get in any exercise yesterday, it's been too crazy! We had a little surprise visitor! A female we had bred, that was due nearly 2 weeks ago (and an ultrasound showed no sign of pregnancy) had 1 little baby boy! And we were SHOCKED, because we didn't find him until Monday evening, already a couple days old! So I'm caregiver again, pup is doing fine but moma dog won't eat good?
Anyway, as for being OP, I'm good except I missed my workout yersterday.

Well, I'm going check on the new mom and baby.

TTYL
Closed Thread