3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 03:36 PM   #16
Searching for Motivation

Well hello again

Boy, now that I have a chance to check in, there not much activity . Guess I'll have to get used to that...sigh...

Anna - what did you end up eating? Hope it was something deelish and good for you too!

I did my kickboxing last night and I was really into it! It kinda surprised me cause I had been blowing it off all day and I ended up being really excited and happy that I was doing it and really pushing myself too - weird huh? I only hope that I can maintain that enthusiasm during the week! There's just something about knowing that I have to go to work the next day that makes me not want to stay up too late and make myself get too hot and worked up. I think I have a mental condition or something !

Anyway, I'm bored cause my brothers are here watching DA Bears with dh and the girls are downstairs with them. I have the whole upstairs to myself and have Brownie stuff to work on, I'm just procrastinating. I have been working on the whole set-up of our troop for the last few weeks off and on, and frankly, I'm a bit burnt-out already. I'm in one of those funks where I think I'd be better off if I just went back to bed. Anyone ever felt like this? I know TOM is sneaking up (I can see kim right around the corner there) and I feel icky. That's probably the best work to describe it. Icky.

Ok, well, I'll scoot. Not much point in sitting here talking about nothing. I'll see yall later. Have a great week

and (all the time...grrr.....)
Old 09-08-2002, 06:24 PM   #17

Hello all!!!

Well, we're having a lazy day around here! The Packers played so we had to watch that...at least they won!! Yesterday and today I actually got dh to go for a bike ride with me and the kids! I also made him move the trailer behind his bike ...that thing is heavy!!! I also did my WATP tape last night. I'm feeling real good today and I was shocked and thrilled to see a loss on the scale today. So now I'm down a total of 16 lbs!!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you all that my sister got engaged a couple of weeks ago and I'm the maid of honor!!! Actually I'm the only girl in it! :-) This will be her second marriage so she's having a small wedding. It is going to be in Alabama in March so now I really have to start losing! I get to pick out my dress and she just has to approve it!!!

I better get going we have to pack up the kids and go to the in-laws for bil's b-day! CAKE...UGH!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Tami

230/214/???

Last edited by lovmykiddies; 09-10-2002 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:18 PM   #18
baj

Wow where is everybody!!!!!!
Just did my exercises and calculated all my cals for the day. that is what is nice about that diet power thing I was talking about. I can sit in the morning and calculate my whole day with food and exercise. I have figured out how to erase anything yet so it really keeps me to it. Even though I am eatting the right # of calories I still need to cut down on the fat. unless anybody out there can convince me that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie--which would make since I guess.

Well I am trying to get up the nerve to call the Dr. about a breast reduction. I have been huge all my life. started wearing a bra in the 3rd grade and but the time I was in 8th grade I was a 36 D. Now after having a baby and all I am a 42DD and no matter what they just don't seem to shrink. They are incredibly uncomfy and hang to my belly-button. Iam only 30 so...they are just gross.
Has anybody ever had one? Just curious
Hey if nothing else it would get rid of a few pounds!!!LOL Just kidding I am kind of scared really. HE would probably tell me to lose more weight first anyway.
Well hope you all have a great day..

Sassypie--I had a nectarine!!! it wasn't ripe enough....

Anna
Old 09-09-2002, 01:46 PM   #19
burned out bus driver

Hi!
I am almost glad to see that this thread has been so quiet. After a few days of total chaos here I was almost afraid to turn the computer on and see how many posts there were.........
But I guess everyone else is having a busy time of it too.

I have skimmed the posts........so I can't really leave any personal stuff. Jen- we will miss you, but I do understand the checking on weekends idea- I have comtemplated the same myself as my life has been so busy. Anna- I know of two friends who have opted for the breast reduction and never regretted a minute. It saved both of them a lot of bachache and allowed them not to have so many problems finding clothes.
Tami- so you are a football fan too!! (the Jets won, so Dh was real happy here......)
Spryng, New Horizons (how are you feeling???)Mel, and Jackie, I a had better go restore a bit more of order to my messy house. I hope to get back on later. I miss you all!!!!!!
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 09-09-2002, 02:26 PM   #20
One day at a time.

Boy, it really has been quiet! It's been crazy here too, so I didn't get to check in after we got back Saturday. The trip was a bit rough with the tropical storm in South Texas, but we didn't have any problems other than getting soaked!! I'm proud to say I was a very good girl while we were on the road, and I only ate my minimum points both days. I even managed to bring healthy snacks and a cooler full of water!

Anna, I have the exact opposite problem, and I'm worried there won't be anything left when I get to goal! But I think Ginny is right, I've heard of people having reductions and never having regrets. What ever you decide, we're here for you!

Ginny, I'm with you, I need to be cleaning too! And I'm going to do my WATP tape today too! The sinus/cold is finally leaving so I can breath enough to get in some exercise! I'll check in later!

Have a good day!
EDD: 4/29/05
Old 09-10-2002, 02:48 PM   #21
One day at a time.

WOW, where is everyone????

I miss everyone, please come back!!! Well, I'm happy to report that I walked on my treadmill yesterday for 30 minutes, and today I did my 1 mile WATP tape. I hope to get on my treadmill tonight after weigh in, but I don't know if I can manage with having to cook and Ds has football practice? My eating has been pretty good, but I'm not getting enough water again! I did fix a big mug of ice cold water and have been working on it today, so I'm trying to correct that problem. Cross your fingers for a good weigh in after last weeks .8, I could use a boost!

I hope everyone is doing well, and please come back SOON!!! I'm gettin lonesome here all be myself
Old 09-10-2002, 11:04 PM   #22
Searching for Motivation

Howdy

I happen to have a few minutes before going to w/o so I thought I'd pop in here to see how everyone's been doing. Sorry Mel that no one's been around much - it seems like everyone's hectic at the moment. Don't give up on us though - we love reading your posts as much as you love reading ours! Good luck at weigh in tonight - I'm confident you'll have a loss

Anna - good for you on the nectarine!! What a stong girl you must be - I'd have gone for the mint oreos for sure !! As for the breast reduction, I think it could only have positive results for you. Your back will thank you and you'll feel so much lighter, not just there but everywhere! I knew a girl at work who had one (she was mid 20s and HUGE!!). She said she was completely happy with the whole process with the exception that they made them a cup smaller than what she had asked for ! Otherwise, she said she couldn't believe she had waited so long. The key is to get a really good Dr., one you feel completely comfortable with and can ask ANY question that pops into your head - regardless of how embarrassing it might be! I'm sure they've heard them all before so don't sweat it. I wish you luck and strength with your choice

Ginny - I can't keep up with you girlfriend! You always seems to be running here or there . Btw, are you driving the bus this year? What's your schedule like and how big is your migraine when you come home at the end of the day? lol. The only person who seems as busy as you is Jackie.....and speaking of Jackie.....where are you?.........(are you).....(are you). Also, where's Misty? Haven't heard from her in a while either. I hope you girls are ok .

Well, that's it for me - gotta go do Latin dance. Just started TOM so I'll get to watch my belly swing and sway right along with the rest of my body !!

See ya

and (all the time...grrr.....)
Old 09-11-2002, 01:03 AM   #23
One day at a time.

I'm Back!

And I'm pleased with my results, I lost 1.8 lbs. for a total of 40.8 lbs! Which is a good number, not to much, but not to little either! I'm even more excited to say that I did my WATP tape today, but I didn't get a chance to get back on the treadmill. I'll definitely get to it tomorrow! Well, I'll be back tomorrow!

Good night!
Old 09-11-2002, 08:41 AM   #24
burned out bus driver

Good Morning!!!!!!
Still quiet here- but I am glad to see Jen and Melissa keeping the thread going. Thanks!
Melissa- you are awsome!!!!! 40.8#! Congrats- and keep up the great work!!!!!!!! You remain an inspiration to me- even though I am unable to inspire myself here. Good for you getting your excercise in. It really helps clear your mind and help keep your focus.
Sassy- how ya feeling with TOM? I hope that this month is not one of those really tough ones. You got me laughing with your
belly swing and sway comment.........Hope that your latin dance was fun anyway!
As for me, life continues to be busy........so what else is new!
Yes I am driving a big yellow school bus. I only drive in the afternoons- share the route with another driver who does the am pick up. It is working out ok- as I am only working 3 hours a day. It keeps me busy- which is a good thing. I do miss Dd (6) so much- and being that she is my last it hurts that much more. The learning curve on that is so steep with this bus driving......I wonder when I will get to the point when I do not have to think about everything that I do so much. I still have to learn all the students names (even the ones that I want to strangle) but I have some of them down...... but I do know the cutie who sits in the front seat behind me with the long blond hair.......opps! That is my Dd! I really feel for this one kid that I take home. His mom seems very troubled, or hurried or is just a vicious crab. She yells at him almost the minute his feet hit the pavement to hurry across the road- to heck with all the safety stuff I have to do to make sure that it is safe for him to cross the street. Really kind of sad..........
Anyway- Dd (both of them!) are playing soccer.......... and keeping up with the practice schedules is a bit insane at times. Ds is sick- last nite he was up to 104- so I guess it is off the the Dr today. I took one look at his throat last nite (all kinds of monsters living in there!!!!!!) and it sure looks like strep to me.
Got my walk in this am- (but I tripped, opps- clutzy me!).
Better go upstairs and have some more water!!!!!
See y'all later and have a great day.
Ginny
Old 09-11-2002, 09:28 AM   #25
One day at a time.

Good morning!

Ginny, glad to see you! But please be careful, you sound as graceful as me.

Not much going on here today, probably just stay in front of the TV today? As for my daily goals, things are still going good, just trying to get in more exercise.

Well, I guess I'll go for now.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:23 PM   #26
burned out bus driver

Good to hear from you Melissa! Gosh, I would love to have a day in front of the TV......or maybe a book............guess it is not my time for that now! Glad that your daily goals are being met for today. As for me, I think I will have to put another walk in my day- maybe a short 20 minute one after dinner to detox/destress.
My eating has been ok.......it is just the after dinner time that I get into trouble. So far today, I have had coffee (no sugar and skimmed milk) and 1/2 an eggroll (don't ask me about that.....I ate it out of anger and I know that it was a bad choice!) but I have had days like that before and I am feeling good enough now that I think I can regain my composure and still finish up in my points range. (gotta get back into thinking about points).

I just checked in because I had to register Dd for the SAT (she was orbital about that this am) and that is now done online.
So,I had better scoot and resume getting dinner together.

Kind of a strange day.......one that surely makes you think. I am overwhelmed by the length of time that it has taken to read the names of those who perished last year.........we lost 4 residents from our town in the WTC last year, one on Flight 93 in Pa. And 4 of my neighbors are NYFD who spent so much time in the search and rescue.
See ya'all later.
Ginny
Old 09-11-2002, 08:39 PM   #27
burned out bus driver

Still doing ok here...........where is everyone? See ya tomorrow!!!!!
Ginny
Old 09-12-2002, 10:20 AM   #28
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!
Still quiet here. Quiet here at home too. I have Ds home still with the infection he has- the strep test came back negative so it was just a nasty virus. Tomorrow he will be back to school- he seems a lot better today, still droopy but better.

I got up a bit late today- not enough time for my walk before the gang left, so I will get one in later today. Some beautiful fall weather is here- and I love it!

Gotta go pay the bills and clean the rubble in my house.
Ginny
Old 09-12-2002, 12:23 PM   #29

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning!

Again-I'm sorry that I'm not posting on a regular basis. I'm still having the same problems with my computer & DH's is with him during traveling for work. I did get mine to turn on this a.m. though! I've suggested to DH that we get a new desktop PC for a family Christmas gift. As far as how I'm doing with my challenges...I blew the first one this a.m. already! (Fruit only for breakfast.) Here are my other challenges to meet for the day: 1.) Drink 8-8 oz. glasses of water or more. 2.) Do some form of exercise 3.)
Have a vegetarian lunch. Wish me luck gals! Ginny: I pictured your youngest dd with short dark hair. I guess I was way off, huh? :LOL: I picture your oldest dd to have long, dark hair. (And to look kind of like Mary on 7th Heaven.) Maybe because she's such a sports fanatic. I picture your ds to have an average cut of dark hair. So...you're still driving a school bus! I hear yah on the "rowdie" ones! My ds sits in the 2nd seat behind the bus driver to stay away from the loud mouths & the gals spraying their perfume all over the place! My ds & I really like his bus driver, but our neighbor's don't care for him. (The neighbor kid is quite rowdie & his dm thinks that he's a perfect child!!) OH,BOTHER!! And sorry to hear that your ds is not feeling well. My DS & DH had a touch of a sore throat over the weekend, but is gone now.
Mel: Congrats on losing over 40#, you go girl!! I WAS at a 16# loss, but...unfortunately, I've gained most of it back! Well gals, I'd like to stay on longer, but I'd better close for now. I'll try & answer the rest of you later, okay? TTFN
Old 09-12-2002, 12:29 PM   #30
One day at a time.

Hi,

I'm still here Ginny, I hope Ds is feeling better soon!

I'm kinda just hanging out today, not much going on until Ds gets home from school. Football practice is tonight, and then dinner and some more cleaning! I haven't exercised yet today, but I got in 40 minutes on my treadmill yesterday!!!
Well, I hope to see everyone making thier way back, me & Ginny need some company!

TTYL
Closed Thread