Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Mixed feelings about nearing milestone - 100lbs

As of this moring I am 1 lb from 100 lbs lost. Part of me is so excited and proud of myself and the other part of me is horrified that I let myself get to a point that I needed to lose that much weight and that if I could let myself get that big, I could do it again.

I also don't feel like when I see that magic number appear on the scale that I'm going to give it the credit it deserves...that I'll just be like ok...well 30 more to go, let's get crackin' (not a bad attitude, but I really feel like it needs something more than that).

One good thing that happened today though was that when I saw 169 scale I thought Awesome! 1lb to go to 100 AND I'm in the 160's, let's go jogging! So I went for one of my typical 5-6 mile walk/jogs and instead of jogging the 2 miles I usually do and walking the rest I jogged 4! It was a bit of a struggle, but I did it because I REALLY want to see 168 on that scale tomorrow. I'm trying not to too get my hopes up though because this was a pretty big loss week for me and per my trend the loss is probably through and I'll stall for the next week or two (TOM is next week too).

Anyway, I just don't know how to feel about reaching this goal and knowing that the journey is almost over and a new one is about to begin - maitenance! I'm not sure why I'm scared of maitenance, I've picked a weight loss method that is so easily transferred to maitenance (calorie counting) and I know what to do...but I'm just terrified of regaining. I really hope that because I had to lose so much and I know what it was like to be heavy that I will recognize if that scale starts to creep forward that I'll need to make adjustments immediatly...Anyway this is a whole other thread and I can see this one is gettting wordy - Thanks for listening!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:37 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11

First off CONGRATS! thats a HUGE accomplishment!

I completely understand how you feel. I'm nearing the 100lb myself, and while I want to celebrate my 100lb loss I also want to hide from it. Not many people know I have lost 95lbs and I would feel embarrassed if certain people found out. I know I should LOVE myself for accomplishing something so huge, but Its hard when you know people are very judgmental. I too know its my own fault and I let myself get that way, and I worry if I have done it before I can do again. I just have to constantly tell myself that Im NOT that same person anymore.

I am also TERRIFIED of maintaining. Ive done this for so long that thinking about any lax on the diet/exercise end and I will fall apart. I have been loosing for over 2 years so I guess I have been maintaining my overall weight loss but it still frightens me to actual be in maintenance mode.

I'm just going to hope for the best and do everything I can to never end up that way again. Go out and celebrate your 100lbs YOU DESERVE IT! Be proud of what you have accomplished! You know your body by now and you know what you need to do to get to your goal! GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by PammyFl; 03-21-2010 at 11:37 PM.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I will be shouting from the rooftops when I hit 100 lbs loss!! What an accomplishment! No matter where you are on the journey, how much more you have to lose or if you are finished, a 100 lb loss is nothing short of amazing! Jaw-dropping amazing! Tell anyone in real life you've lost or want to lose 100 pounds and your are going to see some jaws drop! There's a reason for that. You were carrying 100 lbs around that you could not put down!!

Please be so proud of your accomplishment. Don't look back with sadness. If you hadn't ever been that heavy, you wouldn't be who you are today.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I have no good advice. I'm in the same place you are, I'm nearing the 100 lb mark and as excited and proud as I am, I'm still thinking that's great but still 35 lbs to go(better get to it) On top of it I still *feel* fat, but that is another story, I think.

I worry about maintenance too, I've never maintained any weight before, it's just plain scary. So yeah, I'm feeling the same way!
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/176/133

Height: 5ft 6"

I don't have any advise but wanted to say congratulations on your weight loss. *hugs* for your mixed feelings. It's only normal to have mixed feelings about such a massive change in your life. Everything you have said sounds perfectly understandable to me. I hope you do reach your 100lbs milestone and when you do I hope you feel fantastic and so proud of yourself as you deserve it! x
CurlyWurly is offline   Reply With Quote