Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #16  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I have come to love daily weighing as well. I can't believe it actually makes me obsess less. I weigh whenever the mood strikes, but definitely every morning. I tend to gain 1.5-2 lbs by evening. It's a fair predictor for what I will weigh by morning.

I haven't seen any patterns though. My body doesn't behave with any rational pattern. I can gain or lose with salt, gain or lose with TOM, gain or lose with water...it doesn't seem to matter a lick.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #17  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

Three times a week is enough to keep me on track--Tues, Thurs and Saturday.

I also have problems with "easing off" if I only weigh once a week.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:40 AM   #18  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I still don’t get it girls! Lol. It’s interesting how different we all are. I haven’t seen anyone say yet so far that they weigh once a month…which is what I do. I really don’t see the point weighing the week before or the week of my period since it will show some ridiculously huge gain of…water. So that’s two weeks I can’t weigh…why not just wait four and see a big loss? It’s honestly awesome to see an eight pound loss from the last time I was on the scale rather than an ounce because I was just on it the day before. And I don’t think it makes me more likely to slip up or get careless. All month, I’m steadily working towards that big weigh in day…it’s rather ceremonious! Lol.

Daily weigh ins not for me, but I’m so glad that you all seem to have found what works for you!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #19  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThicknPretty View Post
I still don’t get it girls! Lol. It’s interesting how different we all are. I haven’t seen anyone say yet so far that they weigh once a month…which is what I do. I really don’t see the point weighing the week before or the week of my period since it will show some ridiculously huge gain of…water. So that’s two weeks I can’t weigh…why not just wait four and see a big loss? It’s honestly awesome to see an eight pound loss from the last time I was on the scale rather than an ounce because I was just on it the day before. And I don’t think it makes me more likely to slip up or get careless. All month, I’m steadily working towards that big weigh in day…it’s rather ceremonious! Lol.

Daily weigh ins not for me, but I’m so glad that you all seem to have found what works for you!

I am in total agreement with you. You have not seen anyone say they weigh only once a month because you got to this thread before I did.
I have no plans changing the schedule, I think daily weighing in would drive me insane.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #20  
Future Skinny Pastry Chef

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I've tried to only weigh in once a week, but curiosity always gets the better of me and like the OP, the fluctuations and minor losses are interesting. For example, I weighed myself yesterday and was 213.8. I weigh myself today (same time, after I wake up and pee) and now that .8lb. is gone and I'm 213 flat. It's relieving because I felt that I was all off in my eating yesterday, but I guess I did okay. I track in Tap & Track on my iPod Touch since it has a graph, but my official weigh-ins are on Mondays.
Rashomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #21  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Very interesting, I am a weekly "weigher" but I can definitely see the benefits of getting on the scale everyday. I am kinda like you in the sense that if I have lost weight I think "oh goody, I can relax a littlle" and then usually stall my weight loss for the next week, then lose the next week, then stall again and so on and so forth. However, i'm thinking if I weigh in everyday I can see the good (and the bad!) parts of my diet and it also wouldn;t allow me to get relaxed for a day or two. I'm going to try this for the next little while and see how I go.

Thanks for sharing
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #22  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Yep, LaurenA, it has really kept me on track. My weigh ins were on Friday. I'd weigh Friday morning, and if I had a good loss, I'd cheat over the weekend and then be really strict for the rest of the week to see another good loss for Friday. It wasn't the best cycle. With daily weighing, I find myself making better choices throughout the day, because I know that I'm going to see the effects immediately on the scale. I am personally not discouraged by the daily fluctuations, but still, I DO like to see that I'm moving in the right direction. I'm motivated to eat well all through the day everyday because I want to see good results everyday, not just once a week. So far it's been working really well.

Also, it helped me bust through my plateau. I wasn't losing anything for four weeks with lots of exercise and 1200-1300 calories/day. Everyone told me to up my calories to boost my metabolism, but I was afraid to eat higher cal for a week and see a gain. So I experimented with daily weighing. I weighed myself for a few days eating 1250 cal, absolutely no change on the scale. I ate 1600 cal, the next day, I had a .8lb loss. I ate 1600cal the next day, and had another .5lb loss. It was immediate gratification. Now I certainly don't see losses like that everyday (nor do I expect to), but it helped me narrow down exactly what my problem was when I plateaued. Bare minimum calories = no change. Higher calories = weight loss.

It's just really helping me understand my body better and refine my strategy. What works for me, what doesn't work for me, what my patterns are, how different foods and exercise effects me, etc. It's interesting and enlightening.

Last edited by mkendrick; 03-17-2010 at 04:42 PM.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #23  
High school teacher

S/C/G: 220/190/150

Height: 5'6"

Megan, I'm glad you posted this. It makes a lot of sense to me. I've decided that I'll weigh daily, too, and the thought of getting on the scale in the morning helps me with the worst time of the day for me--the evening.
LaLaurie is offline   Reply With Quote