Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Oops...

Well crap. I was doing so well, and then my cousin, who is a football player for our state college, invited me to their last hurrah before spring conditioning starts. I definitely did a lot of eating and drinking and did not stay on track like i was supposed to. When I got home this morning and did my 30DS and had a good healthy breakfast, but I was just curious what the best way to bounce back from something like this is. Should I schedule another intense workout in for tonight? Or should I just proceed as usual with my 30DS in the morning, long walk in the evening? I just can't believe I let myself make such a poor choice
kathrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #2  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

As I can see it, there are three ways you can look at it:
1) it's a setback, but now you can move forward on plan. (forgive yourself and move on)
2) you had a setback, you need to do some extra workout (which you determine)
3) it's something you have to make up for. If you want to do that, write down everything you ate and drank and try and analyze what kind of damage you did, then figure out how many calories you splurged and what kind of workout you have to do to burn that off.

It all depends on what kind of personality you have and how you discipline yourself.
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Weebleswobble (but they don't fall down). I did quite a bit of damage. Ryan kept assuring me it was okay because it was a special occasion and he's that person in my life I've always let talk me into things even when my head is screaming "WAIT! BAD IDEA!" But now he's in spring conditioning and he has a very strict diet and obviously a workout regimen that would probably kill me, so I don't have to worry about him being a bad influence for awhile.

I guess I'm just wondering if working out extra hard today would be even more detrimental. I know that if you work out too hard your body can have the opposite of your desired result, so I'm just wondering since I started my plan pretty recently if my body would retaliate against the extra work or if it would actually do some good. Anyone know the answer to that?
kathrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I say put it behind you and move on. I would pick # 1 from weebleswobbles post.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Height: 5'3"

First of all you should forgive your self. If the extra work out will give you peace of mind, go ahead with it
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #6  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

It sounds like you've learned a lot about Ryan & your relationship, and that may be worth more than the thousand+ calories you may have overindulged. What's important is being able to move on, and next time, say, "Ryan, YOU eat it. I'm happy not eating it, thanks!"
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote