Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 09:31 AM   #16  

Whew! Made it through the party. I chewed peppermint gum while making/icing the cake, so was never tempted to taste any. After the party was over, I sent 8 big pieces of cake to the neighbors, just to get rid of a lot of it. I ate one small bite while cleaning up, which I am totally okay with, because it was the ONLY bite, plus I walked 2.5 miles yesterday. I had a .75 lb. loss this morning, so I'm almost back down to before the PMS struck.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:34 AM   #17  

I guess my biggest challenge today will be at the picnic we're going to. The food isn't outstanding but still it's food. Plus we're having the rainy weekend too (wouldn't you know - it's only the third picnic we've gone to all year and we left the first one early because of rain). Social eating and drinking have always been so much FUN for me. Really should be able to manage it though.

But then I thought that about yesterday too. I went above my intentions of course but not really near what I did last year at same bd get together. So some damage but not as much as my natural inclination. I guess that's at least progress.

Other than that, a leisurely enough day. Lots of paper work that should (but probably won't) get done. I'm sweating out that story from **** with Empress A. Not that that's probably a lot of help to her but I too will breathe a sigh of relief when it's done.
Old 09-01-2002, 01:24 PM   #18  

Default Sun noonish

Just a quick stop b/4 my rainy weather nap-

Chocolate
I don't know if gum in my mouth would have stopped me from fitting in some frosting so I have to hand it to you. and yes, let the neighbors eat cake!! Perfect!! I love a multitask solution! That was 3 stars too!! Cake for DD, impressed the neighbors, and its not in your house tempting you.

Anagram - Better than last year is still BETTER!!! wish we had a drum or horn smilies. Its a gradual journey to a place where food is a choice not just a reflex.

These marketing people think they have us so figured out-- hmmmmmm- little do they know......

I'll be back later, have fun..........
Old 09-02-2002, 08:07 AM   #19  

Okay, we're almost through the holiday weekend! How's everyone doing? I was down another .5 this morning, so that means I'm only .5 above what I was before TOM-related gain started. BTW, TOM hasn't actually come yet, which is driving me nuts!! Last night I wanted to eat everything in the frig. I settled on Diet Coke and chewing gum. When I STILL had the munchies I just went to bed. I had used 20 points and didn't want to go any higher.

Today there's a picnic at our church, which we are skipping. The food is always super high fat -- burgers, hot dogs, tons of chips, brownies, kool-aid, etc. I am going to stay home and work on some projects around here instead. DH and I walked last night and we're planning on another 2.5 miles again today. He says he is really feeling better about himself and he's lost about 5 lbs. in the past few weeks.

P.S. Remainder of cake is still on the counter; I covered it with a non-see thru cover, but I hope it's gone soon. Everytime I pass it and want to cut a sliver I say "Uh uh, I am NOT blowing it now!"
Old 09-02-2002, 08:22 AM   #20  

I wish I had said that Sat and Sunday. But this is a no guilt weekend and I did a Slimfast for breakfast. Also plan to be better today. I have to be or it will be a big UP on Wednesday.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:54 AM   #21  

Smile Monday am

Hello all!!

Chocolate, you are amazing to keep that cake right there on the counter!! I'm glad you don't live in my neighborhood because I'd be knocking on your door!!

Anagram, you are doing great too!! You made a good choice for breakfast- how many times would I be tempted to "skip" this meal to make up for yesteray's bad choice? and then by midmorning I'd be hammering on the vending machine .........

A thought has been brewing ( please, don't be frightened!!
) - thie weekend -

Don't you find it interesting when we compare how we take care of others in our lives versus ourselves. For example, if I was making dinner for my parents, I would not think twice (assuming I had the money) about buying the best to serve them. But if its for me, well, I can get by without because..... that is my thought--

Certainly, I would want the best for my folks, but why not me too? I wouldn't drive my car very far if the brakes started to go and for sure, I would make sure to pay attention to the oil light.

Why do I not treat myself as well? Why give myself fuel that will make my "engine" ping and cough and struggle ??

Hmmmm- much more to ponder--

My weighin this am was exciting. I made a goal a week early!! That goes to the prove my "slow loser " rule- This 5lbs will be remembered as the exception !!

Here's to a great day -- Sun is shining first time in 3 days, looks like I can get out to the gardens and do some cleanup. I'll be "lurking " in between chores and Jerry Lewis--

Just like Bob the Builder says" Can we do this?? "

YES WE CAN!!!!
Old 09-02-2002, 11:44 AM   #22  
Empress/Queen

Default No guilt Monday ...

Ended up with 2165 calories last night as a few unplanned snacks turned up! Still that is better than my high day last week and I definetely KNOW NO GUILT!!!

Everyone is doing so beautifully on this holiday weekend challenge. I know it has helped me and I thank my lucky stars there is no chocolate cake on my counter. Chocolate, you are a hero!

Anagram: Breathing sigh of relief as sent story from **** yesterday! How's by you and your paperwork? Wow, it's amazing how stressing over these things makes for a desire to overeat, at least for me! Like you, I'm back on track today and drinking slimfast ... but then I always do because I love the stuff!

Kaylets: You are the next 5-pound challenge winner???? :db: I will look for more details on the 5-pound thread!!!! Congratulations! What a neat weekend to meet your goal ... when we have spent four days refocusing our minds on the journey!!! (Amarantha is calling Elbertine Pep right away to tell her the news!)

My challenge for the day is to STAY AWAY FROM WORK!!! I could go and get my check and talk to publisher, but then I'd stop and buy snackies on the way home. I need to go to the real store and buy real food and then come home and tat! And exercise, since I don't feel like it right now!!

Later ...
Old 09-02-2002, 03:20 PM   #23  

I like the challenge of staying away from work, Empress A. Certainly feel you deserve that break after your dedication to finishing the story from ****. I have made some progress on varying parts of paperwork pile. But more has crept in. The gremlins seem to deposit it on my kitchen table/office overnight. (Make that kitchen and dining room tables at the moment.)

When I have hay fever head, I seem to find comprehension of bureaucratic gobbledy-gook impossible and do things only in a "need-to-absoutely-do" order. Would rather be frolicing in the flowers but unfortunately allergic to them right now.

Did take long (for me) walk to and around festival today. Have also promised me a go at some of the good Labor Day Sales. Have sales coupon, about to travel. It will just be one dept. store but have been feeling deprived, reading all these good sales and not going to any. Don't expect to buy anything much (isn't that a dangerous feeling?). (I think there's a rule about that much punctuation but don't feel like digging out the rules book.) Just want to be sure I'm not missing the bargain of the season.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:37 PM   #24  
Empress/Queen

Bravo on the long walk, Anagram!!! Wish we had a festival here ... too hot, everyone heads for mountains, but since I work there ...

I took a mini-hike in desert but was really hot, so grocery shopped and now will go take nap! Leslie Sansone later. I ordered nine of her new tapes and they will get here tomorrow for sure.

Have fun at the department store, Anagram! My advice is leave the paperwork for Tuesday! It'll keep!

Bye, all!
Old 09-02-2002, 07:26 PM   #25  

Smile Holiday comes to an end

We are almost at the end of our Labor day challenge.

It was so helpful to know that I wasnt the only one trying to avoid the "party foods". I am thinking perhaps we could do a similiar thread for other holidays.

It was great to forbid guilt for a few days. I wonder how much longer I can keep guilt "off limits". After all, what's to feel guilty about if you are trying the best you know how?

Let me extend an invite to all to come and take a look at the 21 day challenge or the 5lb challenge- Many of us are on the same threads and always enjoy a fresh point of view. You make the rules, we only cheer you on wherever you journey takes you.

I'll look for you all on the other thread!

PS Empress A-- Did you ever tell us what the story from **** was about??
Old 09-02-2002, 08:23 PM   #26  

I stayed on program today, even though I am at the top of my range. I walked right by the kids selling kettle corn out in front of Walmart too! And TOM finally came, so maybe now I'll have the drop I've been waiting for. DH and I walked 2.5 miles again tonight!! I am really feeling energized after our walks and I am not even sore anymore. The chocolate cake is dwindling slowly....wish I had the guts to just throw it out, but the kids would probably cry. I used to just feed most of it to DH, but he just found out he's borderline diabetic, so he can't have it anymore. Thanks for the holiday challenge --I really think it helped keep me accountable. I vote we do it again on Thanksgiving!!
Old 09-03-2002, 01:05 PM   #27  

This REALLY stinks -- I got on the scale this morning expecting to be down at least .5 -- guess what? I was UP 1.75 instead! NotfairnotfairnotfairNOTFAIR!!!! Must be that stupid TOM messing everything up. DH said "just be patient, it'll come back off" and I know he's right, but jeez!! All that cake-avoiding and lap walking and going to bed just to avoid eating, and I get a GAIN??
Old 09-03-2002, 01:57 PM   #28  

What a rotten thing to have to deal with. I do think, too, that it will come off but you worked so hard and should have had your reward.

I too am up - in fact 2 pounds and it was 3 pounds yesterday. Tomorrow is my weigh in so I'm hoping it will be somewhat better. I did eat over the weekend but I did not overeat by 7,000 or 10,000 calories so I know it must be water retention. So I know sooner or later it will go again. It's just I could use the good feeling even a tiny loss brings. Here's to tomorrow!
Old 09-03-2002, 08:20 PM   #29  
Empress/Queen

Thanks again for the thread, Kaylets!! I have posted up a storm this weekend and it is really helping. You don't want to know what the story from **** was about! (Well, it was about water rights, no small thing in Arizona!)

Chocolate and Anagram: It is only your metabolism kicking in and preparing your body for a weight drop! Now is the best and most critical part of staying OP!!! Keep going, though I agree it IS NOT FAIR!!

:soapbox:
Old 09-04-2002, 12:54 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally posted by Amarantha

Chocolate and Anagram: It is only your metabolism kicking in and preparing your body for a weight drop! Now is the best and most critical part of staying OP!!! Keep going, though I agree it IS NOT FAIR!!

:soapbox:
Thanks for the encouraging words! I was UP another .25 this morning. I was OP yesterday (within my points range) and I drank lots of water and walked another 2.5 miles last night. I did however, have popcorn before bed and maybe the salt is playing tricks on me. I am determined to hang on until I see a BIG loss!! Goodness knows I deserve it. I'll be sure to post when and how much.....
Closed Thread