Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #1  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Default getting sick?

Hi 3FCers!

So, I'm sick with a cold. It's really frustrating, since I've been 8 hours of sleep a night, working out, eating healthy foods, taking my vitamins... I have had a STELLAR past week, and now suddenly I'm sick, when I haven't been sick for months... whaaat is going on here?

Is it possible or common to get sick when you change your eating or exercise habits? The past few days I have been eating 1200-1500 calories as opposed to my usual 1800, and I've been exercising more strenuously than usual this past week -- 30-40 minutes of heavy weight-lifting every other day, and 40 minutes of cardio on the other days (as opposed to doing just the weight-lifting, but no cardio).

Anyway... is it possible that I'm sick because my body is working harder and has less fuel than usual? I haven't been feeling like I've been overdoing it, but I'm wondering whether I should introduce healthier habits more slowly, or if this is probably just a coincidence. Being sick is no fun.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 84.7 kg/66.5kg/66.5kg

Height: 5'6''

if you're not getting all your nutrients it's possible your immune system is a bit down, thus making you more susceptible to illness.
but it doesn't have to do with calorie deficit, someone might be eating 3000kcals/day and still not getting enough nutrients.

just make sure your body has all the fuel it needs.

in general, illness will happen! i hope you get better soon!

grrrkgrrrl
grrrkgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Did you start going to a new gym? Colds can spread fast at gyms. You just have to be careful not to touch your face when working out on shared equipment.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #4  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

I could have written this post! I upped my intensity at the gym last week and now I am sick as a dog BUT! there is always a but right? lol my daughter came home from school with a bad cold and insisted on her nightly nose kisses and I couldn't resist the cuteness so I think like the other person sick just happens sometimes

Hope ya feel better soon

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Sick happens. Even healthy people are susceptible to the random virus.

Take it easy until your body heals up and fights it off. Stay on your cals but consider lowering the intensity of your workouts until the cold is gone.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #6  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

I right here with you, sick at home too...and in a few hours i leave for a company paid 10 day health immersion. i feel like im 50% throat coat tea. fortunately its breaking up and am coughing up all sorts of funness (not!
eroica27 is offline   Reply With Quote