3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I'm a newbie (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/19485-im-newbie.html)

hottie 08-27-2002 10:52 AM

I'm a newbie

Hi all,

I'm a newbie and wanted to say "hi" - unlike my name indicates, I am far from being a 'hottie' on the contrary, my 5' 4 1/2" frame currently holds 238 pounds-NOW you understand why I'm here-I need all the support I can get!

I just wanted to say I'm glad to have found this site-it's a good place to go when I need a little reinforcement - you guys sure give support.

I hope to be a **BIG LOSER** - my goal is 150 for now.

see you around! :D
(p.s. I am a female-the avatar is just a nice view) :lol:

Amarantha2 08-28-2002 12:03 AM

Welcome, hottie! :cb: I really admire your upbeat attitude and the determination that comes across in your post. This really is a great site and hope you keep coming back and joining in ... there are lots of different groups and personalities around here, but everyone shares a similar supportive attitude and an understanding of what we are all going through in this weight loss journey.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!!! :wave:

chocolate 08-28-2002 07:38 AM

I can't believe it!! hottie, you & I are the same height and I used to weigh 238 too!!! That was my all-time-highest-ever weight, btw. I joined WW in 1994 and lost 120 lbs. in 15 months. Sadly, I regained about 55 lbs. over the years and now I'm in the process of losing it again. I have lost 9.25 lbs. in past 3 weeks, so I feel I am on my way!! Good luck! Are you doing WW?

LA Hopeful 08-28-2002 03:51 PM

hi all. i am a newbie too! i was reading some boards on another website and i started to find them all way to depressing. i'm looking for a place that's a little more positive!

so far i have lost about 15lb in the last 10 weeks. i have about 50 to go. i'm not discouraged because i know i can do this. i am not "dieting," i am changing my life! i have started reading labels, checking calories, fat grams, etc and making smarter choices.

from the posts i read here so far, i think this is the place for me!

chocolate 08-28-2002 10:38 PM

LA Hopeful, you've hit the nail on the head! In order to be a success at weight loss, you've got to change your lifestyle. It sounds like you're on your way!! I was having a horrible case of PMS munchies today and badly wanted to buy a big bag of M & Ms to eat on my way home. I kept telling myself how horrible I'd feel tomorrow if I did that, and came home and ate a 2 PTS bar and some caramel mini rice cakes. I probably went over my points for the day, but hey, in the old days I would've started a 3 day binge that would pack on 5 lbs.!

LA Hopeful 08-28-2002 11:46 PM

yay chocolate!!! with your username it's a wonder i don't gain 5lb reading these posts! :lol:

i do exactly what you just said, any time i feel like eating something i know i could do without, i just think about how much effort i've put into this so far and i'd sure hate to see it go to waste. my biggest problem is control. if i felt i could have a bag of m&ms in the house and only eat 5 or 6, i'd have no problem with that. but i've never been able to do that. if i have something that good i wanna eat it all at once. so i just don't buy it and then i know i can't eat it :D

i'm so glad i found this website though. i've been catching up on all the posts and i find them very encouraging. i like that everybody here is more concerned with eating healthy instead of looking for diet pills and miracle cures. time is moving by fast enough that i can't believe it's already been almost 3 months since i started my program. soon it'll be 3 more months down and hopefully another 15lb. i'm really looking forward to it :)

chocolate 08-29-2002 09:25 AM

Well I was up .5 lbs. this morning, but I am not going to let it depress me. It's almost that TOM and I'm retaining water. Plus I DID go over on points yesterday. If I can just hang on I know my weight will drop in a few days.

LA Hopeful 08-29-2002 01:29 PM

hey chocolate!

you go, girl. definitely just hang on. do you weigh in daily or weekly? i usually do daily because i'm insane :lol: i'm way to impatient to wait a whole week!

TOM is horrible for me. i usually plateau for 10-12 days or so. it makes me so :mad: !!! but i don't let it get me down. i know there's a light at the end of this tunnel :dizzy:

keep it up, girl! i know you can do it!! :cb:

Punkinseed 08-29-2002 06:03 PM

Welcome both Hottie and LA Hopeful!!!

You both sound so positive! That's a great thing to be 'round here! Years ago when I first came here there were a couple threads that were just plain ol' pity parties - you won't find that here! We're all pretty much cheerleaders for each other, lol!

So find a thread and jump in! Enjoy!

Terri

chocolate 08-29-2002 09:09 PM

I weigh myself daily because I find it interesting to put the results on a graph. That way I can see that it's normal for me to go up right before TOM, etc. It also lets me see how long it takes for a binge to catch up with me! I know WW recommends only weighing once a week (on their scale) but I feel that I stay more focused if I weigh every morning.

hottie 08-30-2002 11:28 AM

Hi ALL!

thanks for all the well-wishes-I SURE need them!
Chocolate-that is too wild that you weighed what I do now! WOW!
I'm not with WW, have never tried that...I see some very positive things written on the board about them, though. I think I want to get SERIOUS first, and then if I stall, attend. I truthfully haven't met anyone who's kept the weight off after being on WW, BUT-obviously there are TONS of people on HERE who are living proof, so that's GREAT!!

I am sorry I haven't responded sooner-I just now realized how to "join a thread" and I can't remember where I've posted in the past (DUH)--a newbie all around.

thanx to ALL of you-I'm very excited to be here!:D