Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 08:25 PM   #16  
You and Me in 2003

Where is everyone I know Tina is at Bristol. I have the rece on now. wworked this morning went to a flea markrt this afternoon. Have a good night
Old 08-24-2002, 09:07 PM   #17  

Hi everyone,
I am still new to this whole system, but I am trying. I lost 6 pounds this week in my first week at WW. I tried to do points on my own, but I just can't seem to follow it very well without the weekly accountability of the weigh in. I have the points down and the water is going okay, but the exercise still isn't coming. That's my focus this week.
I just want to say thanks to everyone who posts to this forum. I am single and live alone. None of my friends have weight control issues and sometimes you just need someone to talk to who really understands the issues. It's so easy to feel alone in this weightloss battle, to get discouraged and quit. Then I read the forum and gain strength and encouragement from all of you. With your help, I really think I can do it this time.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:30 PM   #18  

I am sooooooo pooped.... I started mowing, raking, hauling, transplanting, digging and cutting and sawing bushes at 10AM. I got all that done and washed two cars (with hose and a bucket NOT at a car wash) by 6PM. Since then I have taken a shower, washed dishes, did 2 loads of laundry and taken 3 Advil!!!!! My toes even hurt.

I still have more bush trimming to do but the sun reached that area and it got way to hot.

I haven't had time to eat.

You would think I would weigh 100 lbs with all that work!!!!!!

I would like to have this energy every day but it doesn't seem to work that way.

I am contemplating bed....at 8:30PM
Old 08-24-2002, 09:37 PM   #19  
Dancing those pounds away

Janet... I just want to WELCOME YOU !!!!!!
This is a great place to come and feel at one with the world.
As a LARGER woman sometimes I just feel all alone even though I am surrounded by people. We definitely can relate to anything you share. Welcome !!!!!

Okay.... still haven't packed. I have got to run.
MOVE IT .... MOVE IT .... MOVE IT !!!!!
Old 08-25-2002, 03:59 AM   #20  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking It's Here !!!! Vacation time !!!!

Well here it is 3am Sunday morning here.
I am wound up like an old clock. LOL
Trying to get house clean, laundry done, pack, and water plants, etc before we head out first thing in the morning. Heck.. in a couple of hours.
I am a TERRIBLE procrastinator... but I always get it all done.

I am happy to announce that I did NOT listen to that inner voice of CARBMAN. He kept telling me to go ahead and eat those carbs...he said I was going to be on vacation in a couple of days... it didn't matter if I cheated now because I would probably cheat on vacation anyways. He also told me to just go ahead and eat carbs this week and next week until I got back and THEN I could start over. Carbman is soooooo untrustworthy. He will tell you anything to get you to take just that one little bite. He knows if he can seduce me into just "one taste" that I would be wallowing in carbs before I knew what hit me.

WELL... I did not fall for his sneaky, spineless gestures.
I did not eat popcorn at the movies, I did not make me that sandwich at midnight. I did not drink that REAL Coke.
I made it clean all the way to the start of my vacation.... and with this new muscle I built pushing carbman away... I will be stronger to push him out the door on my vacation.

LOOKOUT CARBMAN !!!! I am 2cute2Bfat and I am NOT going to let you ruin my life one more day !!!!!!

Okay.... I got a little wrapped up there in my enthusiasm..
Just wanted to say bye to everyone before I leave. My husband will be watching me like a hawk in the morning to be sure I am not on this darn computer. LOL
I don't know if I will lose any weight while I am gone.... but I do know.... This is NOT a food fest I am going on. I am going on a vacation and that no longer means I can eat whatever I want. I will eat in moderation. I will enjoy my food... not be abusive with it. I will "seek" pleasure in other ways. I will not fall into OLD HABITS. This is a New Way of Life.... and it no longer includes eating anything and everything I see or want.

I know you all will be here for each other.
We must make that special effort for each other.
I thank you now for keeping this place going until I return.
I would HATE to come back next week and find everyone gone.
I NEED YOU !!!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 08-25-2002 at 04:11 AM.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:42 AM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

Welcome Janet we are here for you and each other

2 Cute: have fun on vacation and we will be here if you need us.

I have to go shop for food. I have a Library workshop on Tuesday, but they are paying me for going so it will be ok.

I better run where is everyone. Tina sorry Tony didn't win. I'm a Dale Jr. girl myself but I don't like Jeff Gordon. Oh well better luck next race.
Old 08-25-2002, 10:51 AM   #22  

Angry Popping in....

Hey Ladies,

Just taking a second to post to let you know I didn't drop off the face of the planet. Hubby and I are heading into Toronto (for the second time this weekend) to see the play "Grease" right now. My old friend is actually in the play (teen angel) so it should be fun IF I can get my recovering butt moving! (We were at a Stag & Doe until VERY late last night!)

I'll pop back in later tonight.

Btw, WELCOME JANET!

TTFN
Sara
Old 08-25-2002, 12:53 PM   #23  

I posted earlier and lost it...I think I have recovered. I just hit reply too quickly....gasped, because I had forgot to copy and whoosh...gone. I wish they would fix that, so you would have a chance to recover.

Anyway, congrats to Sara; happy to see you post Janet and Baylee, we all have lost our nails before so keep trying to keep on. That was the REAL short version.

Off to read on low carbs...
Old 08-25-2002, 01:50 PM   #24  
Progress..not perfection

Default I am back from Bristol!!

....................and it sure is nice to be home. I am pooped, but I wanted to tell you about the trip. So, here it goes:
First of all, it was hot as heck. We parked inside a subdivision right outside of the track. Well, not "right" outside the track...........it was about a mile and a half walk. (my legs are still killing me) We got right to the Bristol sign and of course Ron wanted his picture beside it and imagine my surprise, when I realize I forgot to load the camera with film! (it was still in the car) So, we went inside a Citgo right below the track and paid 8.36 for a pitiful roll of film.........cause you know, we just HAD to have that picture of him by the entrance.
Then, after we walked up this horrendous hill to get to the gate, right as we got there, it started raining!! By the time we got inside I looked like a drowned rat.
Anyways, between qualifying and the Busch race, we decided to go walking around the tent and trailor area and I've got a cute story to tell you about that:
At all of the races I've been to, Home Depot has this big entertainment center set up where there are some associates running a show and playing games with the fans. Well, OF COURSE I had to stop and they were just starting a rendition of "Who Wants To Be A Millionnaire?". By applause, the audience chose who, out of four contestants was to be the one to play for the prizes. Each one of the contestants had to make a sound like a cordless drill and whoever the audience chose was the one to get to answer the questions and the other three were left over to be their "phone a friend". They also got the 50/50 option and ask the audience. Anyways, a woman from Los Angelos, Ca. was chosen and they started asking questions about Tony. They were all fairly easy, (for me anyways) and then they got to the 5th question which was the bonus question. If she got this question right, she got a $20.00 gift certificate to HD, a Tony shirt and some more stuff. The announcer said, "Ok, we're gonna make this one kinda tough, so you'll have to work for this." The question was.................What is Tony Stewart's mom's name? Well, she didn't know and decided to ask the audience. By applause, we were to help her choose one out of four names. Of course, I knew that the choice (a. Pam) was the answer so when they called out her name, I was hooting and hollering and clapping. (along w/hubby) Well, you can imagine my surprise and embarassment, when he and I were the only ones cheering and clapping. Everyone around us looked at us like we were crazy. I was standing there thinking, "Alright, what's the deal? You are Tony fans and you don't know his Mom's name? HELLOOOO?" So, to continue on, the next choice was (b. Maryann) and some nimrods on the front row were cheering for this name and the the woman on the stage looked over at me and I shook my head "NO....NO" and mouthed the words....."PAM" "PAM" to her. They went ahead and gave the c and d options, which no one clapped for, and then asked her for her choice and thank goodness, she said, "Pam". Well, of course she won. I was real proud for her. My husband and I were about to continue on and I felt a peck on my shoulder, and it was her. She said, "I couldn't have won if it wasn't for you, so here." One of the prizes she had won was a youth size Tony t-shirt. She asked me if I had anyone that could wear that, and I do have a nine year old that is a big Tony fan as well, so I told her I had a little boy and she made me take it for him. I just thought that was so neat. It made my day. Well, that and the fact that I carried home a trunkload of Tony merchandise. I'll probably be eating bologna sandwiches and drinking water for the rest of the week, but it was worth it. One of the items I am most proud of is a life size Tony standup. I wasn't real happy with the way it was presented outside of the tent. They had it "decorated" with a Jeff Gordon hat on his head, a string of beads around his neck and a flashing earring on his right ear. (I let the tentowner know about my displeasure) But, you can not imagine what an addition it has made to my Tony room! It's one of him holding a can of Raviolis. I carried it almost two miles back to where we parked the car. The whole way back, my husband kept saying, "How bad have you got it?"
I had a wonderful time, I just wish I had of had tickets for the Cup race as well, but they go on sale in a couple of weeks, so I need to start saving for that, because I will be going back in the spring.
I have some pictures that I should be getting developed tomorrow and I will post some of them so you can get an idea of my "racing experience". I must say though, I missed you guys.
I always love to go to the races, but I will say it again........
IT SURE IS NICE TO BE HOME!

Tina
Old 08-25-2002, 02:15 PM   #25  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hey TINA: You must have snuck in while I was typing my post. WELCOME BACK! Go unload the car, grab a diet pop and sit down and take a load off your poor, aching feet. Souns like you had a great time.

j-ann

Last edited by j-ann; 08-25-2002 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2002, 02:26 PM   #26  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Happy Sunday Ladies,

It's a gorgeous day and now that the house is clean I'm going to talk to you guys the take the dog for a walk.

SUSIE: Don't know if we've officially met. "Hi, I'm J-Ann ... nice to know you." I'm so glad you lost that 3 lbs. Here's some good vibes : for a great week ahead
for you.

HI JANET: Welcome. I'm kinda new here too. That first week "woosh" makes you feel great about yourself and what you're doing doesn't it? 6 #s ... WOW!

My friends at work DO have weight control issues but all they do is spend every break and lunch hour deciding what they're going to do to lose weight. They don't do anything about it but chew the issue to death. One will decide that this week she's sure she wants to do low carb. By the next day, another will come in with all the reasons why low carb is bad for you. Then the first researches the issue to death, tells #2 why she's right or wrong, and then they start all over on something else. I've learned the hard way to keep my mouth shut and not offer suggestions. I finaly told them that I would support them in whatever they decide to do about weight control but would not
comment until they actually started.

I hope TOOCUTE got off on her vacation. Sounds like she was cutting it pretty close.

MALIA: I'm going to try to do a "Why I Need To Stick To This Healthy, Lifestyle Change FOREVER List" this week too. I need to use it as a kick in the as
to stay on program. (?Now why don't they have a kick-a$$ icon?)

Did you see we are up to 101 smiles (icons)? Remember to stay out of the :donut:, , and the today ladies.

Have an awesome day, and know that someone has thought about you today.
Old 08-25-2002, 02:52 PM   #27  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I've recouperated from being about losing my post yesterday. I had a really nice day off. The youngest had gone off early to Ohio for a wedding and the oldest and DH went out shooting clays, so woohoo, a day for me. I clipped coupons and went grocery shopping and then stopped to visit with my mom for a few minutes. Not what most would find enjoyable about a day off, but it worked for me.

When the guys got back from shooting it was almost time for the Nascar Race so I had another couple of hours to myself. Went upstairs and watched The Wedding Planner on DVD and messed with the cat who had decided my bed was where he was going to sleep the evening away.

I'm enjoying my second day off by doing laundry in-between watching the Witchblade marathon on TNT. I keep setting the timer for every 20 minutes so I can run up and down for the laundry.

2cute: I'm glad you got it together in time to take off. I knew you would. We procrastinators always seem to get it done, we just don't get to relax before any function because we're working up until the moment people arrive or we walk out the door. You'd think one day we'd learn.

Mary: I'm a Jr. fan as well. I only posted the Gordon picture to pull Tina's chain. Here's Jr. just for us.

Steph: Good job avoiding those brownies. Way to go!!!

LuckyLadyBug: I'm with 2cute, any of those old boys still around???? Sounds like you've been a busy bee. That's a lot of work hauling and raking.

Susie: Congrats on the 3#'s. You're doing really well, keep it up!!

Baylee: Don't let not doing well keep you away from here. We love to hear from you regardless. And being away only makes it worse.

Janet: 6#'s is awesome! You go girl! Come by more often so we get a chance to know you. There are a couple of girls here from MN.

Sara: You party animal you!!! Sounds like you are just having some great fun this summer. Oh to be 25 again!

J-ann: Your co-workers sound like quite the hoot. I used to hate business meetings that went like that: talk, discuss, discuss again, research, talk some more........adjourn because you got nothing done and then schedule another meeting to do it all again. What a waste of time!!!!

Tina: Glad you made it back from the track in one piece. Sounds like you had quite a walk back to your car with Tony under your arm.

Well, girls, my little timer went off again, so it's time for another trip to the basement for laundry. Talk to you all later.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:01 PM   #28  
Progress..not perfection

Wink This one is just for Thinthinker

Even though you hexed me with the Gordon picture, I saw this and thought you would like it, so enjoy!

Tina
Old 08-25-2002, 06:16 PM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

Thin I knew I liked you for some reason. Tina Don't you think Jr's cute. look at that face.
Just finished dinner I put a roast in the slow cooker this morning and I steamed a cabbage. it was good.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:29 PM   #30  

Mary, explain "steamed a cabbage"....okay, so I admit it.... NOT a great cook.... but I do know where great resturants are. I figure God (higher power; energy) wouldn't have made all these resturants if we weren't suppose to eat in them! :apple: :tomato:
Closed Thread