Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Hurt my back and told no exercise.....Now what?

Last week I injured my back at work and have been told not to exercise until further notice. Lovely! I am into my 6th week of WW and have lost 12.4 pounds. I am afraid that this will stall my weight loss BIG TIME!

Has anyone else gone thru this? Should I continue to eat my allotted 23 points per day or lower it since I won't be as active? My body is used to working out 3 days a week and not being able to go to the gym is driving me nuts!

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #2  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I would talk to the doctor and see if you can walk in a pool, or swim using only arms or do seated exercise using only arms.

Sorry you got hurt!
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

When you can't exercise it's time to really watch what you're eating. I would stick with your calorie/point goal strictly until you can get back to working out.

Also, consult your doctor about what you can do exercise-wise. If the injury is pretty serious, are you going to be seeing a physical therapist? If so that would be an even better person to recommend exercises that will be ok while rehabilitating your back.

Good luck!
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I had surgery a couple of months ago and couldn't work out for quite awhile.. it sucked! I don't know what all you can/cant do, but maybe try doing punches while sitting or just walking around? Anything to keep moving, no matter how small the movement is, seems like it would help. I walked a lot.

I lowered my calories since I couldn't work out, but I think you just have to listen to your body and do what feels comfortable.

Sorry you hurt your back though!

kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2"

Started PT and went this morning. Was told that "if" my back felt "up to it" I could safely ride the recumbent bike at my gym. So I guess that is something?

I just am eager to get back to the more "calorie busting" elliptical.

Know whats funny? I can remember a time not very long ago, that having a doctor tell me I couldn't work out would have made me say "WooHoo, now I have an excuse!". Not anymore. My body has starting craving my workouts!

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote