Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #1  

Default Just a couple of thoughts...Wondering if I am alone

I am here again after reaching my goal, and then gaining it all back and then some. I hated the looks and comments at times that people gave me. It was humilating. I hated when I would see someone who had met me as thin, never new I had been fat. Then they see me now.

I would go between the people who just couldnt' get why I would do that to myself again. To people would say. "Oh you were looking way too thin and sickly."

AAAAAAH! I can't make other people happy. I have to focus on what is going to make me happy. So that is what I am doing. I am tired of not being happy.
losinginillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/194/140

Height: 5'7

Ugh I know the feeling I was transferred a few times and when I went back to a location for a second time I had gained over 50 lbs. Someone actually asked me if I was pregnant. When I said no he asked if I had just stopped working out. I wanted to die. I hid in my office for a few minutes but had to go back out and face everyone. I cried the whole way home. Don't let it get you down. You're obviously making an effort now and that's what you need to focus on.
Selca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #3  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Letting yourself feel bad, even when you are heavier, doesn't help, it only adds to the problem. I know I feel better about myself even when I just start working on my issues. So, start over and try again. You will be happy. There is no life in being down on yourself, so no matter what, try to love yourself.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

you are deflinitely not alone. I addition to getting healthy again, you need to figure out what went on to get in the way of maintaining your healthy lifestyle. (I know what I did, not taking care of myself during a high stress year, where I let diet go, and stopped exercising etc). I hope I can react differently in the future when difficult times come again, (and they will, guaranteed) so that I can avoid the regaining in the future
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/128.5/125

Height: 5'3'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selca View Post
Ugh I know the feeling I was transferred a few times and when I went back to a location for a second time I had gained over 50 lbs. Someone actually asked me if I was pregnant. When I said no he asked if I had just stopped working out. I wanted to die. I hid in my office for a few minutes but had to go back out and face everyone. I cried the whole way home. Don't let it get you down. You're obviously making an effort now and that's what you need to focus on.
Don't you just love that? There is this lady I always used to see when I first started trying to lose weight, and I was speedwalking. She asked me *twice* if I was pregnant. Now, she seemed very likely to be a crackhead, but even so, I was more than a little upset. The second time she asked me, (as I'm sweating my *** off, trying to exercise), I was like, "NO LADY, I AM NOT PREGNANT. As I told you the FIRST time". Jesus.

That was the day I realized exercise wasn't enough anymore to lose weight, and I made myself cut back on junk.
littlemissbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #6  

Thanks for the support ladies. That is what is great about this place. I have actually lost the weight twice in my life. I seemed to have forgotten the other time. I do need to figure out this time. How to keep it off. I am great at the losing, once I really start. But the maintaining has me beat. For now at least.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Embrace today, honey. What's in the past, is past. You are acknowledging what's happened and that's the important part! Learn from it, but don't dwell on it.

One foot in front of the other starting today and you'll make it to your goal.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #8  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hang in there... You can do this.. and you are DEFINITELY not alone!!!
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/156/145

Height: 5 ft. 4 inches

I have Yo-Yoed with my weight too! I use to keep this poster on my fridge...It seemed to help

'Nothing Tastes As Good As Being Thin Feels' It is True...but then foods

taste pretty good sometimes! Hang in there!
llmw1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Been there, done that. It is not a sin. You can start over again. Try to ignore peoples ignorant remarks.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

It's not a test you only get to take once. I lost/regained at least 3 times (large amounts of weight) until it "clicked" for me.

Just keep on!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #12  

That gives me hope Glory. I am hoping it is this time!