Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 09:29 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again........#203

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:46 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Well, I thought it had been awhile since I had started one of these, so when I saw us getting close to that magic number 30, I thought I'd get us rolling on the next thread.

So, how was everyone's day? Or is that a loaded question? It would be if you asked me. Man, I had a horrible day at work. If I didn't know better, I would swear it was a full moon. Every call I took was like, "Hi, I'm a moron and I need you to look at oh, let's say, the last 3 years of everytime I've been at the hospital and uh, I made a payment on one of them of like sixteen dollars and two cents and can you figure out what one I paid on?" Then I had one woman that yelled at me for almost twenty minutes about how crappy our care was and that we overcharged (all the while I was trying to look for her account) and then we were so incompetent that when she called to discuss her bill, we couldn't even find it (that was my insult of the day) and then realized she was calling the wrong hospital.

After my oh so pleasurable day at work, I ran home, grabbed the kids and went to football practice, which lasted till 8:30. As I type, I am cooking dinner, helping with homework, doing laundry, yelling at Trey to get out of the tub, doing my part for world peace and saving the ozone layer.

I wish I had time to reply to each one of you individually, but that would seriously cut into my appt with the president to discuss the problems in the middle east, and you know I just can't miss that.
See you all tomorrow my friends.

Must sleep......must sleep......must sleep........Zzzzzzzzzzz

I thought this was cute.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Sorry to hear your day was so stressful Tina. I work in retail so believe me, I know how tempermental people can be at times. Sometimes it's hard to keep quiet when all you feel like doing is smacking them upside their heads. Oh well! Hope you get a decent night's sleep though.Food and exercise have been going well for me. It rained here this morning so I couldn't go for my 1 mile walk like I usually do, so I did the WATP tape instead. When I came home from work, hubby had made popcorn and I only had a few pieces. Yea, now there's some self discipline. Before I probably would have eaten half the bowl. Talk to you later.
Steph
275/271/160

" In order to succeed, you must like what you are doing and believe in what you are doing "
Old 08-20-2002, 11:19 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Glad to see the site back up and running. It took my computer a couple of days to get with the program, but finally.....finally I can get on!

The site sure looks fresh and clean. I have mixed feelings about the avatars being back. I like the welcome ones to dress up the top, but all of them in the middle make the thread go to the second page too fast for me. Guess I'll have to re-set again.

Of course, now that I'm here, I can't stay long....go figure.
I do want to say congrats to Tina! Wow, 7#'s is awesome!!!

Gotta run. Hope to get more time tomorrow. Love to all!
Old 08-21-2002, 12:25 AM   #5  

Hi everyone,

Happy to have gifs back in time for the holiday season.

My new exercise program is great. My TOM is actually back in line. The drawback is bloatiness. Eating is a trial as usual. I need to go back to baby steps. Hardly eat veggies and drink water. Everyday is back to square one. Hopefully my 40th birthday will be the wake up call.

The trip is coming together. Still reading guide books. My mom's 80th birthday is coming up. I'm trying to find the perfect gift. Any suggestions?

My goal is to be aware of my eating once again. My weakness is after work. Will try to post more.

Take care,
Malia
Old 08-21-2002, 12:44 AM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Malia... I loved your hula girl.
I had not smiled once today... but that hula girl put a smile on my face. Thanks !!!!

It is late and I don't have time to post ...AGAIN.
I sound like a broken record... I am sorry.
Just had to thank Malia for the one and only smile of my day.
Maybe it is a full moon Tina????
Old 08-21-2002, 07:37 AM   #7  

Just to say hi....I have to read everything....I couldn't get on until "maybe" yesterday but then we had horrible lightening and thunder storms from 4pm yesterday to some time this am....over 8 inches of rain here.

Glad this is all up and running...will post tonight.....
Old 08-21-2002, 10:11 AM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning ladies! A new day dawns.......once again.

2cute: Guess 'just checking in' will have to due for both of us for awhile. I hate not being here, but just don't have the time.

Malia: I don't know how long you have until your mom's birthday, but for my mom's 75th, I sent a note to all the relatives and friends and told them that I was putting together a memory book and what I would like them to do was write a short note about their favorite memory of themselves with my mom. I told them they could send a picture if they liked and that I was going to put it all in a scapbook kinda thing and present it to her for her birthday. I gave them a deadline and told them to send it to my address, that it was a surprise. I went to the store and got some real pretty computer paper (you know, with like a victorian print faded in the background) and that's what I made the pages of the book out of. If someone sent me just a scribble on a note pad, then I retyped it right on the new paper. If they sent something that looked nice, then I just mounted it to the pretty paper. I got alot of responses and she was just thrilled with her birthday present.

LuckyLadyBug: What happened to you? I put you in my ICQ and then you were never on. Sorry I missed you.

Well girls, I'm a broken record too. I only have a couple of jobs to do today, and some reports, but DH has been trying to help me sort through paperwork for the past week and now it's to the point where I have to do the rest!

Hope you all have a good day. Love to all.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:37 AM   #9  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

HELP!!! I'm sitting at my desk and eating cookies. I can't believe I did this. To the trash with them...... I think my "fat side" tried to take over or something. I'm not even hungry. GRRRRR

Guess I'll have to replan lunch now.

ttyl
Old 08-21-2002, 06:41 PM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Hey everybody!! I just walked in from the grocery store. I went there to just get a "few things" and spent 96.53. :hypno2: Oh my gosh!!! Have you seen all the new smilies??!! Ultra cool!

J-Ann= I am sending you good thoughts. Stay away from those
and keep your lip zipped. I know sometimes it's hard.

Thin: Sorry your so busy. I miss you sweetie. Pop in when you can. I know how the "time" thing can be. :

2cute: Hey my friend. How are you? I definitely think it is a full moon.

Lucky: Sounds like your drowning. Send a little rain my way, huh. We are 10 inches below normal. Weather has been hot and dry.

Malia: Good to hear about your exercise program. My tom too. Aren't they wonderful? I'll be thinking about a good present for your mom.

Well guys, I've got to hop out now and get dinner cooked, but I'll try to pop back in later. Things were a lot better at work today. Thankfully, I didn't have to slap anyone upside the head. Although, I couldn't think of a better place to do it. At least they would be in a hospital. My love to all.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:46 PM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Ok, I just had to pop back in because I noticed they have a smiley just for me! Isn't she cute?

I love it!!

Tina

Last edited by QueenB; 08-21-2002 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:49 PM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all
Not much going on but work. DH goes to Kentucky tomorrow for a job interview.He is looking for a higher paying job.

I need a hug so I am sending all of you one.

I sure am tempted to eat a big hunk of the cake I made Sunday. It is a sour cream coconut cake.

Hope all of you are having a good day.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:52 PM   #13  
Falling, but fighting...

Hi everyone,

Boy have I missed you all. I tried to post this past weekend, but the message board was down.

I am currently suffering from a severe case of either strep throat or tonsilitus. I have been off from work since Monday, and could barely move. I was throwing up, getting severe headaches and lightheadedness, and just plan sick. One thing good is that when your throat is almost completely closed up, you can't and don't want to eat, so I think I have lost a few pounds this week.

Unfortunately, I have to go back to work tomorrow no matter what, as I have a ton of things that have to be done by the 26th.

So how is everyone doing? I am hoping to get down past 275 this Saturday, so I can do my 5 pound measurements. I really feel that I have lost some inches, but don't want to check until I get to 275.

My SIL is still doing well at WW and got her 20 pound star. I am so proud of her. I sure hope she keeps it up.

Well, my boy is still awake and should have been sleeping an hour ago, so I have to make this short, but know that I am still around, just extremely sick and busy.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:24 AM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I tried to use today to somewhat catch up on errands. I only had two little jobs to do, but I was still gone for 6 hours! YIKES!

J-ann: I bet you made up for those cookies real quick like. You behave now, girlfriend!!!

Tina: The smilies are too cute! The last time I looked we only had 51, wow now there's 88! And me, I'll probably stick to all the old ones, just because I know their codes without having to open the other window! That's me, lazy!!!

Mary: WOW, if DH gets the job, does that mean you'll be moving??? I've forgotten to ask you the last few times, has you son found a job yet??? Or is that an off-limits question?

Susie: You are doing so well! Sorry to hear you're under the weather. 2cute and I thought for sure you'd be around to start thread #200, but that didn't happen. Geez, when is your new job going to settle down for you? Hope you got a BIG payraise to go with the BIG headache!

Now of course they didn't up how many of the cute little smilies you can use, so now that I'm hooked, I can't post!!!!!! I'll be back.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:28 AM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default I'm baaaack. Let's see if I can get the job done in just two posts.....

Well, girls, today is the first day in a long time that I thought I had a bit of a handle on the old food bag! Do any of you find it strange (oh, heck, maybe it's just me) we go along and have all these great food tools, if you will, come along and we use them for a bit and then kind of forget about them? Today I dug deep into the freezer and found a box of Banquet Fat Free Chicken Patties. Susie is the one that used to use them all the time (I think). They had gotten lost down in the bottom of the freezer and I forgot about them. Well today I dragged them out. I put them on buns from Meijers with a slice of 2% cheese on them and they 3 points a piece (sorry if you're not a WW ) Now, I'm a quantity girl, so I had two but gosh, for 6 points I had a great, filling lunch!

I made some small boneless pork chops on George for dinner. I only had 5 small potatoes in the bin (that were almost on the way out, if you know what I mean). I found 1/2 a bag of some breaded okra in the freezer (the potatoes and okra weren't enough to do anything with by themselves) so I sprayed a frying pan with Pam, threw in the okra, cut up the potatoes, added 1/2 an onion chopped up and seasoned it all with garlic and onion powder, some seasoned salt and wallah! Got rid of a bunch of stuff! I put on some peas and we each had a salad, so all in all, pretty healthy (translation: lots of veggies!)

Enough of this. Sorry, it just feels good to have done well for a change. BTW, if you're looking for a reduced fat popcorn that doesn't taste like cardboard and that you don't have to 'doctor up', try Orville Reddenbacher's light butter microwave popcorn. It's YUMMY!

I really do have to say I love the group hug That will be an easy code to remember. And the mouse is just the cutest! Anyway, love to all.
Closed Thread