Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 09:54 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#204

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!
Old 08-23-2002, 10:00 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, ladies! I'm only hear to start a new thread. On my way out the door. Today was supposed to be a
day off, but I got a call yesterday afternoon and was offerered 7
bank jobs. Last week they paid $10 a piece, so I figured that was a pretty decent day's work. Just for fun I asked the girl if they only paid $10 and she said, "I can give you $15 a piece"!!! Well, holly smokin' Joe! "I'll take it!" I said, with great enthusiasm! That was an easy extra $35 for the day!! WooHoo!!! Momma always says: "Ask. The worst that can happen is they'll say 'no'!" Boy, was that worth it!!!

I'm taking the oldest son with me. He's out of school until Tuesday after Labor Day so it will give him something to do. I enjoy his company, he's such a great kid!!

Gotta run. Hope to see you all later. Love to all.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:14 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning to my fellow fat fighters.

I rose bright and early this morning and got busy making curtains this morning. Yes, I know... I should be getting ready for my vacation... I have tons of stuff to do and bills to pay before we leave. But.. I got out my sewing machine to fix several pairs of pants. (elastic coming apart, seams coming lose, etc) Since I had the machine out and set up I decided I should finish my new bedroom curtains that I only pinned months ago.
Well... in trying to save $29.99... I have now wasted 3 hours trying to make do... and I still have to go out and buy those extra $29.99 curtains. Gee... will I ever learn I am not Dolly Domestic.

I ate a couple of eggs for breakfast and I am munching on some radishes as I type.
I figured out one reason I had been struggling with my food is because I am trying to run down my refrigerator food since we will be gone... and I don't have my "favorite" legal snacks that keeps me honest and true to my food plan. Now that I am "aware" as to why it had seemed harder lately... it has become easier again.

I still have that ton of stuff to do and bills to pay... so I am out of here. I will reward myself with an opportunity to post again after I have my bills paid.
Setting goals and having rewards seem to help me get this stuff done... maybe I should apply it more to my weight loss efforts too.

Today is FUN FRIDAY !!!!.... so go out there and do something fun TODAY that you have been putting off until you get skinny.
Thin... making money can be fun too. LOL But how did you come up with 7 jobs @ $15 being only $35??? Even 3 would have been $45
Old 08-23-2002, 12:33 PM   #4  

Just went and read the last thread.
Lucky.. you are sooo funny.

I am sending men vibes : to each of you waiting for your prince charming. But you know what they say... "you better watch out what you ask for... you just may get it"

I have everything crossed crossed for you. Even my eyes.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:55 PM   #5  

Angry G'day mates!

Well, I've been a big lazy butt so far today! I stayed in bed until 11:30am! I don't have any students today so I'm just planning on assembling a HUGE bookcase we got for our home office from IKEA, tidying this place up a bit and then heading into Toronto to see some visiting relatives-in-law that are staying with my BIL.

While I truly find these relatives friendly, I KNOW I'm going to be put on the spot because my husband's family ALWAYS goes out for HUGE Chinese dinners when they get together!!! (They are, btw, Chinese.) They order huge platters of food that sit in the center of the table for all to have and there is literally NOTHING there that I WANT or SHOULD be eating. If I do eat, I'll feel terrible. If I just sample a couple of things, everyone is SURE to comment! Grrr... I've only met these relatives twice before and they don't know what a struggle I've had with my weight so I'm definitely NOT blaming them or calling them unthoughful. I just don't feel like explaining my whole diet to EVERYONE, all the time. I'm such a complainer!!! I'm sure I'll survive this one dinner!

THIN... Thanks for missing me! I know what you mean about keeping a calender of who's SUPPOSED to be away and who just fell off the face of the planet! I think KAT is the only one legitimately away right now (until September) although don't quote me on that! (Oh yeah, and TINA will be away until Sunday). Hope you had fun making all that extra $$$ today!

J-ANN... Ahhh! I can't remember all your last post off-hand! Is 25 too young to have started losing my memory?! I know you congratulated me on my 5 pound loss... Thanks! I think it was you that said a while ago to make sure I did something special when I reached 50 pounds lost! While I'm definitely happy to be 53 pounds lighter than I was a few months ago, 60 AND 70 are more significant numbers for me. The first is my half-way mark and the second will take me from the 200's to the 100's! I'm hoping to reach BOTH those goals within the next 5 weeks! That'll be SO exciting for me! Then I'm definitely going to reward myself. Some new clothes at 60 and maybe get highlights in my hair when I get into the 100's! Good thing my hubby is making the big bucks... my weight loss is sure costing him!!!

Lucky... Congrats on the new job! No need to thank me for the positive job vibes though... what are friends for?

Mary... Ugh. I hope TOO much of that 3-day employee's work load doesn't fall on you!

Steph... Glad to see you're sticking with us!

Hi to everyone else! 2cute, Baylee, Susie, Marusha and YOU!

I SHOULD have a shower and put that darn bookcase together! I'm sure it'll take a while!

Toodles for now,
Sara
Old 08-23-2002, 06:48 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I actually got home from work in time to get the paperwork done and faxed off and still have a minute to post before DH walks in the door! WooHoo! I'm sooooo excited because I'm now off for the weekend! You heard me right, no jobs for 2, hear me TWO, whole days!

2cute: I got from a $10 fee, which would have been $70 for 7 visits, to a $15 fee, which is $105. For a total of an extra $35!!! Congrats on your cheat free day! Doesn't it feel soooo good? * I've saved lots of money that way too: making it myself and then having to buy it anyway! Wooops! You better quit dinkin' around or you won't get to go on vacation! Move it, move it, move it!

Sara: Yes, Kat until September, Tina til Sunday and now 2cute for a week. Not sure when Malia's leaving for Europe. I know she's said, but I don't remember. Have fun in Toronto. It's such a great city!

J-ann: I liked you seafood vs. seefood. See, you're fitting right in!!! That water workout sounds like fun!

I just know this isn't going to let me post all these smilies again. Why the heck did they give me soooo many choices????

Last edited by thinthinker; 08-23-2002 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:50 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default I'm baaaaaack!

Malia: Sorry about your backslide. Especially as you said, you'd already gone through the detox process. I know when I backpeddle, I have **** to pay try to get back with the program. Here's all good wishes for a quick pick-me-back-up! :

LuckyLadyBug: Congrats on the new job! Sounds like the man is all you have left to need, and honey, there are days when you don't need one of them either, let me tell ya! I agree with 2cute, be careful what you wish for!

Mary: Doesn't it just frost you how nobody wants to work for a living anymore? Geez! Hope you don't end up having to pick up all the slack!

Tina: Hope you have a great time at the race! Your determined, you're queen you CAN bypass those evil food demons! I found something just for you. I've posted it down below.

Gotta run. Honey's home. See you all later.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:19 PM   #8  

Hello again guys. well... I got my bills paid and threw away a TON of trash mail too. I shouldn't complain about junk mail... if it wasn't for it and bills I wouldn't have anything.

I also fixed my husband a nice dinner tonight. Last night he ate like a pauper. LOL I was embarrassed to feed it to him. LOL

Still on program... but lacking in my water. I need to make a committment to drinking more. It is really confusing to me.. because I even like water.

Thin... thanks for the explanation. It makes sense now.
Two whole days off... WOW. Maybe you should jump in the car and take your hubby on a "surprise" romantic getaway.

Sara... Don't forget about me !!!! I will be gone for a week. I think we are leaving Saturday night or Sunday morning. My daughter gave me her old lap top computer but I don't think the cabin has telephone access. I will take it just in case.

Gee... no one else has posted on this thread.
I guess it makes it easier to reply to everyone. LOL
I am off to make my packing list. (I still will forget something)
Thin has spoken... I have got to move it, move it, move it
See you all later.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 08-23-2002 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:55 PM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

HI ladies
Hope you are all having a great day
No the girl quiting won't affect me much. In fact if she is not as friendly as she seemed I'd just as soon she quit. We have a good relationship with the community and I don't want that to change.

I am up 4 pounds I have been eating out a lot lately.

Well I better go Gotta pull the cat off DH the cat likes to nibble our hair
Old 08-23-2002, 11:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

It's Friday! Yea! And I have the whole weekend off. Sunday is WI so I am planning on seeing a loss. Came home from work tonight to find that my MIL baked brownies but guess what, I didn't cave. I came right to the computer. Happy to say that I've been sticking to my exercise and eating. Tina-hope you have fun at the race. Coincidently, I work for Home Depot so Tony's our poster boy. Just want to thank everyone for all your support It's really been a big help and I still have a ways to go, but you all make the journey alot easier. Night.
Steph
Old 08-23-2002, 11:24 PM   #11  

Thin & 2Cute I have been without a for 2 years and am more than ready to move on and find another one. I love being alone, so of course my hunky, hot :tomato: will be the understanding kind.

I was thinking on this subject today and realized I had (in my early days) two men I dated (one I almost married) ) that are exactly what I am looking for now! Go figure

Anyway, I am counting on all of you...DO NOT forget the wealthy part! and that he will treat me like a . If he is wealthy I can stay home and post here all day!!

Tomorrow is mow, rake, and move plant day.
Old 08-24-2002, 03:09 AM   #12  
Falling, but fighting...

Default It's Saturday...

Well, here I am sitting at the computer at 3am in the morning. Why? I am nuts? Well, yes I am nuts, but also, I woke up to use the bathroom and my mind starting thinking about work related things and now I can't sleep. I am hoping that sitting here for a little, will relax me and make me tired.

Anyhow, weigh in is today. I hope I lose something. I would really like to lose that 1.5 so I can measure myself, but any loss would be good, as there is always a possibility of a gain.

BTW, it was confirmed that I have strep throat, and now my husband is sick too! I told him that he didn't baby me when I was sick, so he is on his own. Maybe I shouldn't have said that, but he is such a big baby without being sick, and I honestly don't have the strength back yet to take care of me, Andrew and him. He will just have to take it like a man (LOL).....

LuckyLadyBug: Good luck on finding Mr. Right. I was lucky and met mine at work. Be patient and he will come.

Steph: Good job on resisting those brownies and Good luck on WI.

Grannie: Sorry to hear about your gain, but don't worry, you will get it back off in no time.

2Cute: Have a great vacation. Sounds like you are on the right track to your healthier you. I am so proud of you.

Thin: Enjoy your 2 days off from jobs. You sure are a busy little bee.

Sara: You don't have to deprive yourself, just portion yourself out. If you have to have the chinese food, prepare for it. Don't get overly excited about it, or you might get out of control. Besides, one dinner didn't make us overweight. Enjoy your relatives and eat smaller portions. Plan it into your day and you will be fine.

Well, about 5 hours until weigh in. Wish me luck.
Old 08-24-2002, 10:28 AM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

I know better than to not copy my post before I submit it. Now why didn't I do that this time???? I'm ! I will have to return later when I'm in a better mood.

Love to all!!!!
Old 08-24-2002, 01:06 PM   #14  

Just peeking in for a second. I have not done one productive thing all morning and the finish line is right in front of me. I am running out of time to procrastinate much more.

Just wanted to peek in and read... and glad I did.
Baylee... hang in there girl. I have stayed on program pretty darn good and I am not losing an ounce right now. But I am not going to worry about it until after vacation. I plan to stay of program during vacation... but no promises. LOL But when I get back.... WATCH OUT !!!! I am going to do whatever it takes... even if it means .... EXERCISE !!!!!
I am TIRED of this !!!! I am going to get this darn weight off one way or another.

Lucky... can you look up those old flames today????
Maybe they are wishing they had you back too.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:49 PM   #15  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Great News...

I lost 3 more pounds at WW this morning. I am now officially at the lower end of the 270's. Yes, I am happy about this. I am only a few more pounds away from the 260's. I am now 54.5 pounds down at WW, so hopefully I will have a good week and lose that 1/2 pound so I can get my star.

I haven't measured myself yet, but will do so this weekend. I am just so happy.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Closed Thread