Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #1  
Heather

S/C/G: 241/213/170

Height: 5' 9"

Unhappy 3 weeks in and i wanna give up!!

Yesterday and today has been so hard. My 11-g is having health issues and today when I asked the hubs for some cash to get some more healthy food he DECLINED! It's almost as if he is sabatoging my progress. It makes me feel that he has no faith in me. I am so tired of eating the same thing each and everyday. Fish and veggies, chicken and veggies, salads salads and more salads. (sorry for ranting and rambling) I want very determined to lose this weight but it just seems that noone thinks I can do it. I am tired of hearing oh give it a week and you will go back to the way you were. Oh you won't make it. GRRRRRRRR!!! When you get negative thrown at you everytime you turn around pretty soon you start believing it! Yeah I know it should make me want to work harder just to prove them wrong but I am afraid that it won't be that way. I am so stressed today that I just wanna go home and make fried pork chops with taters and lots of gravy!!!!! And in case you haven't noticed I am an emotional eater. Something good happens we celebrate and eat! Something bad happens we get together cry over food and wine. Stressed lets just go eat a pan full of brownies do calm down. I am so weepy today and want a WHOLE cheesecake!!!

Once again sorry if non of this made sense. Sometimes all the thoughts come out jumbled!!!

241-234-170
hloehr73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #2  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Hun, who is telling you those negative things? If it's your husband tell him to go to you-know-where and shove you-know-what.

Is there no way you have some money saved up yourself to go get some food?
I don't think that only one person in a relationship should decide where the $$$ goes. For me and my boyfriend we both make our own income and we split everything.

Please don't give up because of what others say, or because your husband (possibly) is unsuportive. You have to root for yourself and ignore all the bad around you. Think about why you are doing this and say that enough is enough and this is the last time you want to go through the weight loss process.

Try to take what food you have an make recipes that give you more variety so you don't feel like you are eating the same thing every day.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #3  
Heather

Normally he is supportive but he is anal about what we spend money on. We are doing fine financially even though he is laid off till March. He is just being a jerk today. I won't have my OWN money coming in again till next Wednesday. Will have to make due until then I guess.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #4  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Apart from the fact that fried food tastes horrible (to me anyway) you will feel SO much worse about yourself if you do it. Tomorrow you'll feel guilty and horrible, you'll eat more in an attempt to make yourself feel better but you'll only feel worse so you'll eat again and so forth - that's why it's called a vicious cycle. I truly believe that anyone who's eating the same food day in and day out on a "diet" is doing it wrong. You'll give up because you're bored - as would anyone.
There's nothing wrong with pork. Why can't you eat it as part of your plan? pork is one of the lowest calorie meats it's how it's cooked that's the problem -grill it, problem solved. I don't know what "taters" are but I assume it's some form of potato. Why can't you have potatoes on your diet? Mashed (without cream or butter), boiled or baked - they're very good for you. You can eat almost anything you want if you're careful about it.

I 100% understand how you feel about the being down and wanting to eat junk though. That is a different issue and I think nearly all of us here know exactly what you're going through there. All I can say is that you'll feel better for about 10 minutes and then you'll feel so bad - it's not worth it. I agree with schubunny about your husband and, obviously, about the recipes.

We're here to be ranted at and it wasn't jumbled at all.

Last edited by Doughnut; 01-27-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203 / 171 / 133

Height: 64"

I come from the same kind of family when it comes to food -- celebrate with food, grieve with food! It's really tough to overcome, but it can be done.

I personally am now working on changing my response to stress from wanting a pan of brownies to needing to go for a run to work it off. Maybe you could try something like that -- boxing on the Wii Fit might help destress (you could even use a Mii of the annoying person as your opponent ).

And it would help if you take motivation from the Negative Nellys -- when someone tells me they think I'm not tough enough, it's like a personal challenge. Not easy, but start by saying it and thinking it to yourself -- 'You are wrong about me. You'll see."
RMatS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #6  
ready to be healthy!

S/C/G: 290/264/170

Height: 5*4

i can 110% relate to you!!! Im only on day 10 and i wanna give up! BUT i know how good it felt when i saw the scale last week and it was a GREAT feeling!!! bc I knew that I did that nobody else did I DID!!! Looks liek you have had your own success, thats great!! I know how it feels to feel like your eating the SAME thing day in and day out bc I feel like if i eat anything different I will cheat lol. Have you been to hungrygirl.com??? thats where i have got ever recipe i have made this week! I 2 am a emotional eater. whether im sad happy excited nervous angry furious bored hyper I EAT!!!! so i get it! U need to believe in yourself and do this for you!!!! Once you make that decision you will be in it fior the long haul. I need to take my own advice lol If you ever need to talk Im here for ya!
nikkic718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #7  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

I'm an emotional eater too. But this year I decided to get to my Goal Weight and so am working on it. Try to find some other hobbies or exercise or read a book to get your mind off your stress. I know it isn't easy at times. My husband is under weight and likes to give dieting and exercise advice. Just think how far you will be a Year from now if you stick with it. Maybe, try some new chicken, fish and vegetable recipes. You could make different recipes than you normal make. Check out the recipe section in WW food thread. Good Luck!
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #8  

I'm dying for something sweet right now. I've been weaning off sugar and I literally just went through my whole pantry looking for even a stray m&M. Pretty desperate. I'm craving sugar so bad because my kids are really stressing me out today. I know that I need to find other ways of dealing with it. I just laid down in my bed for awhile, trying to clear my head. I'm going to try to exercise when I crave something. Maybe that will help.

I don't have much help, but at least wanted you to know that you're not alone. I came to 3fc to try to distract myself and give me some motivation to tough it out. Good luck!
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:12 AM   #9  
No more +sizes

If you got to the home page for this site and click on food you will find all types of receipes that you can kinda change how you eat what you have. We only eat chicken, ground turkey and fish. We have just had to be creative how we fix it. You can do this and we will be here to cheer you on.

When I'm having a hard time, I come on here and read success stories or other threads and see that someone is having a more difficult time than I am. I try encouraging them and before I know it things get easier.

Last edited by jigglefree; 01-28-2010 at 04:13 AM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

That's a great idea regarding coming on the board here for motivation. I do that all the time and it always helps me. Message boards are fantastic for this. I overcame a different issue several years ago using a message board and learned the benefits of them. Often, I just come here and read for a few hours...it's literally like going to a support group and getting re-motivated again.

You can actually do almost any diet on the cheap if you plan carefully. For instance I do Atkins/low-carb and things like eggs and store brand frozen veggies are very inexpensive. Also, if you do regular grocery shopping weekly, make sure you get enough stuff you need to last the week too. That's what I do. I always make sure I have food here that I can eat because I never want to have to improvise with other stuff here....that's a huge recipe for disaster. I literally have a basic list of my foods and I get them every week when I grocery shop.

And let's face it.....cheesecake ain't cheap. Neither is making brownies, for that matter....or even buying decent wine. If you plan carefully, you can even spend less and get all the items you need just for you.

deena

ADDED: And for Schubunny....I totally hear you regarding significant-other issues. I dealt with a controlling husband for years and after 25 years of marriage, said ENOUGH! And it's been fantastic, finally.
Now, that is not meaning to say that your hubby is controlling, Heather...but take it from someone who's been there/done that...you do have to stand up for and advocate for yourself. It's amazing how much others, esp. husbands, will dish it out if you keep taking it. If something is really that important to you, then it's that important. Don't let anyone convince you it's not. He's anal about money? Well, you want to lose weight and be healthier. Fair is fair. You both should have equal say regarding how the money is spent. Your needs are just as important. Negativity is your enemy, esp. when trying to lose weight.

And trust me...from someone finally close to goal...it is TOTALLY worth it. I can't tell you how great it is.

Last edited by Deena52; 01-28-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #11  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Warning: What you might not want to hear alert.

So let me get this straight..."somebody" is telling you that you will fail, and that you can't do it...So you want to prove them RIGHT? Really? Man, I am just the opposite. If someone tells me I can't I prove them WRONG.

And just for the record, if you have pork chops at home, you CAN make them healthy. I eat pork chops all the time, and they are very tasty and low cal broiled, grilled, or even pan seared.

If you give up now, let me tell you girlfriend, you'll be overweight for at least another year...until next New Years when you resolve (AGAIN) to lose weight....How long do you want to keep torturing yourself? If your name is on your bank account, so to the store and write a check. Good grief, don't let some creep tell you you can't have any of "your Money". He is being a childish jerk, and I don't see why you even care what he says. DOn't ask...just do it.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #12  
Heather

Thank you EVERYONE for CHEERING me on. For the record I DID NOT cheat!! I was extremely proud of myself! I even started working out this week as well. I WILL prove everyone WRONG! It was a low day but I made it thru. I survived. And I really could not of done it without the absolutely amazing people on this forum. Joining was one of the best things I did!!