3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Lost the same 4 lbs at least 5 times!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/192125-lost-same-4-lbs-least-5-times.html)

ALH289 01-25-2010 11:23 AM

Lost the same 4 lbs at least 5 times!!!

So I have to post a new thread just to keep from shouting out my office door. (It would confuse and frighten my staff.) I finally broke through a little barrier. For the last three weeks I've been bouncing around from 249 - 253. I've lost the same 4 lbs more times than I can count in the last 21 days. For the last three days I was even discouraged enough that I pretty much told my workout routine to kiss the fattest part of my @ss! I kept up with eating sensibly. I just didn't put any sweat equity into the process. And this morning.....voila.....246 on the scale! I'm now almost too giddy to work. I can't wait to get out of the office and go to the gym. Well hello there, motivation!! Good to see you, again. Don't be a stranger!!

(And yes, yes....I know it's dangerous to be so emotionally invested in numbers on a scale. I'm working on it. It's all part of the process and journey. I ignored my health and well being for 31 years. I've been making a concerted effort to live a healthy lifestyle for just under 5 months. It's a learning process....and I am a work in progress.)

Eliana 01-25-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALH289 (Post 3115235)
Well hello there, motivation!! Good to see you, again. Don't be a stranger!!

This is my favorite part of your post. :rofl:

I've been gaining and losing the same 1/2 pound for a week and a half. I'm really hoping to break out SOON! I need to see some of that motivation. ;)

Trudiha 01-25-2010 12:08 PM

Well done to you!

sweetnlow28 01-25-2010 01:31 PM

I have been gaining and loosing a pound and a half for the last week and a half. This is just after breaking a three week plateau. It can be so frustrating :tantrum:. I am exercising and calorie counting but I just won't budge.

Congrats to you! I know I was so excited to get off my last plateau. I need some of that motivation right now too :)

AnneL 01-25-2010 03:05 PM

Thank you all for posting!! I've been stuck at the same wt for the past 4 days... I know, I keep telling myself that 4 days doesn't make a plateau, BUT it's driving me crazy. I just keep doing what I'm doing and not getting upset, but c'mon, I need that number to change!!!

BarbPA 01-25-2010 03:06 PM

Great Job! I've been playing the same game for weeks now. I'm so ready for a new number on the scale!!!

Keep up the work! :cheer:

Mrs Snark 01-25-2010 09:44 PM

YAYAYA! Congratulations! Those moments are so great, ENJOY IT!

meandmyself 01-25-2010 09:52 PM

Yeah for you! Glad to hear you had a breakthrough. Being happy to go the gym is an amazing place to be in the journey. Too bad you can't bottle that feeling for later...haha! If it were only that easy everyone would be doing it huh?

Best of luck blazing through the 40s right into the 30s!