3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   300+ and Ready To Try Again...#202 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/19184-300-ready-try-again-202-a.html)

2cute2Bfat 08-16-2002 12:18 PM

300+ and Ready To Try Again...#202

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!

2cute2Bfat 08-16-2002 12:20 PM

Now we have a clean page.... let's fill this baby up. :D

I am off to go swim... will be back.

SaraJoy 08-16-2002 02:48 PM

I'm here to fill 'er up!

Hiya Ladies,

I'd don't have TOO long to post as I've got to get packing! Like I said, we're heading up to our "friend's" guest cabin tonight for some R&R. I said "friend's" because they're actually my rich ex-employeers (I was their nanny while in university). At the end of the weekend, my hubby (Reg) is heading home and I'm moving into the real cottage to stay with their kids until Wednesday night while they're away on family business. It's super romote there... their cottage is right on the point of an island and it's surrounded by water... hope I'm not spooked!

That said, I probably won't be back on here until next Thursday! What am I gonna do for that long without you guys?! :dizzy:

Kat... 5 pounds is awesome! Congratulations! Have a good time on your vacation and I guess I'll talk to you in September! Wow... that's a fair chunk of time to lose weight in... I guess I'll see you (and you'll see me) LIGHTER!

2Cute... Kat wasn't the only one who missed you! Nice to see you!

Ahhh man... I can't remember everything that was posted on the last thread and I don't have time to go back and check because I've got to get my butt in gear and get packing!

Ladies... I'll miss you all! Good luck surviving the upcoming "outage"... all I can say is.... I'm glad I'm had to go away anyways!

Let's all be cheat free this weekend!

Toodles 'til next Thursday!
Sara :)

LuckyLadyBug 08-16-2002 06:28 PM

Kat, I will keep a running post to you for when you get back....and you win. Yes, Mr. Clapton's guitar playing does it for me. I could write a book about how he has affected my life. Since the site is going down I won't start that now.

We are getting horrible storms here. Total fields are being wiped out south of here and it is moving our way. Golf size ball hail....I think I will put quilts on my car!!!!!! Sure the PGA is here and the weather has to try to get some attention.(get it PGA & golf size ball hail)

I don't know how to survive without you this weekend. I did go and get some books to read at the library.

Well, see ya....

QueenB 08-18-2002 12:11 PM

Hey sweetpeas!!

It's just about racetime girls!! Thought I'd drop in to see how everyone is doing. The site looks great! You can tell everyone has been doing a lot of work and it shows! I've been doing pretty good this week. I got my Walk away the pounds for the abs videos by Leslie Sansone and they are really good. I've done the one mile twice this week. I have been OP all week with the exception of Friday where I had an altercation w/some chicken mcnuggets and a big mac and they won! :mad: Well, let me rephrase: I let them win. But that is ok, because Friday was two days ago and today is a new, fresh day with no mistakes in it. I bought some of that Kashi cereal that Michelle used to talk about and was surprised.......it was really good. Also, something that made me really happy this week. One part of losing weight that really pulls me down sometimes is that you feel like your missing out, when you deny yourself your favorite foods. Well, I went to Bi-Lo to get some stuff and I picked up some Tostitos and some cheese sauce for dh and the boys. While I was cutting up some lovely cauliflower and getting my lite ranch dressing, they were tearing into the chips and cheese sauce and I thought, "Well, just one won't hurt me." Those are usually the four words that start your demise, but I am pretty good about it, so I grabbed a chip & dipped it in the cheese. It was really good and I told dh to get it away from me, because I could do some real damage. Well, of course you know, I had to have another bite. So, I thought, "Wonder how bad this really is?" And when I looked at the label, I was shocked. This cheese sauce, (which I could really tell you the exact name, but I've already thrown the jar away) was only 40 calories per serving, which was 2 tablespoons with only 2.5 fat grams. The cheese sauce was with the chips and salsa and was Tostitos brand. Should be real easy for some of you guys to find if you like that kind of stuff. What was the big surprise for me is that, I was about to walk away from something that I thought would do in my points for the day and eat some cauliflower and lite dressing (which had twice as many calories and had 8 fat grams) which was actually worse! Really freaked me out. I can't believe I've talked a whole paragraph about cheese sauce. :lol: Anyways, just goes to show, you should always read those labels.
Gonna hop off for now, to watch the race. See all my buddies later. Take care. I love you all. :love:

Goooo Tony!!

QueenB 08-18-2002 12:14 PM

Yippee!!!!!!!

We got our gifs back!!!!!!! It's burger time!!

:flow1: Tina :flow1:

QueenB 08-18-2002 12:36 PM

Ok, this is it, I promise.......(for awhile, anyways)

Can you tell how excited I am??!!

Grannie39074 08-18-2002 02:32 PM

Boy I'm glad this site is back I have missed all of you:)

Grannie39074 08-18-2002 02:33 PM

Tina how far are you from Memphis?

QueenB 08-18-2002 05:55 PM

Hey Mary :wave:

I am only about 4 to 4 1/2 hrs. from Memphis, and yes I have been observing Elvis Weekend. Thank you..........thank you very much.

Grannie39074 08-18-2002 07:25 PM

Tina. I am about the same distance maybe a little less. We should plan on a meeting sometime.

bobsgal 08-18-2002 08:29 PM

Hey ladies[:) ] Glad the site is back up and running. Well I managed to lose 1 lb this past week[:cb: ] Yea me! I did pretty well except for Friday. Didn't get my exercise in[:( ] and had KFC for dinner. But I got back on track this weekend. I did my WATP(2 mile) tape Saturday and Sunday and stayed OP[:D ] Hope to hear from everyone tomorrow.
Steph

QueenB 08-18-2002 10:10 PM

Well, where is everybody? I know I haven't been around here an awful lot lately, but that is going to change. I know that I've had a lot going on with school starting, the new job and my friends passing.........but that is no excuse. I really need you guys and I am realizing that more and more lately. I don't know what I'd do without you. I guess what it boils down to, is when I take time to get on the computer, I am taking time away from doing something else I should be doing, so I just don't even turn it on. But, in not turning it on, I miss out on things here........things that I consider important. This site and my life are important to me and I share my life in this site. So, I am making coming here, even if it's only for a minute, a priority........for me.

Mary: I would love to arrange a meeting with you. I am always up for a good road trip and your not far from me at all. Let me know when you would like to.

Bobsgal: I don't believe we have met before. You have chosen to join a wonderful thread here. We laugh, cry, share, gain and lose here. Hopefully lose the weight and gain the friendships. I hope I see you around a lot.

To everyone I'm missing..............I love you all. From the bottom of my hearts. I don't think I can say that enough. I hope you are all doing well and I will hop in sometime tomorrow. It's beddie time for me.

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :yawn:

katrinabgood 08-18-2002 11:14 PM

Hey! I didn't think this would be back in time for me to say my proper goodbyes...We're just about packed up, I have a few last minute items to iron before I pack'em, I know I'm already over packed...

I really missed you guys for, what, one day? What the heck am I gonna do for two weeks? Not sure yet if dh is bringing his laptop to keep in contact with work...if he does...I may sneak a post in somewhere...

So...I'll "see" you all in 2 weeks...keep up the good work, I want to read lots of success stories when I get back! I'd also like to report one, so I'll try to not let the lobsters get the best of me!

love to all...

:wave:

2cute2Bfat 08-19-2002 01:25 AM

hello everyone. I have not checked out any of the changes on this new board but I see tina has discovered we have our gifs back. That is good and bad for me. When I got my new computer I did not save my gifs because we could not use them anymore. :(

Kat... we will miss you. Two weeks is FOREVER in here. LOL
I just got back tonight from visiting my daughter... and I am headed out early in the morning for Missouri to visit my parents... and Friday I am headed out again for vacation. :eek: We will be gone 10 days. You gals are going to have to keep this site going.

I wish I had time to respond to everyone... but I am exhausted and 7am comes mighty early.