3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   My Realistic Motivation---What's Yours? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/191715-my-realistic-motivation-whats-yours.html)

hanawatts 01-21-2010 01:52 PM

My Realistic Motivation---What's Yours?

Hi!
My problem has always been that I can't stay motivated and every tiem I look at models or actresses as motivation I get depressed because I'll never look like them no matter what I do. I just found this website that has people put in their height and weight and pant size and shirt size and body type along with a picture and I put in my height and body type and goal weight, now I'm using that picture as my motivation. I KNOW i can look like that!! :carrot:
Now I just have to keep going!!!!!
Here's my motivation:
www (dot) mybodygallery(dot)com/photos-475-body-shape.htm#img

What's yours?

xox,
-Hana

MotoMichelle 01-21-2010 02:04 PM

I tried finding external motivations for a long time and they'd work for a while. Eventually, though, I realized that the man reason I wanted to get healthy and lose the weight was because of my husband. I love him madly and the thought of having less time with him due to health problems (or even death) related to my weight really freaked me out.

Seriously, I want to live forever with my husband. That may not happen, but I'll do what I can to squeeze out as many years as possible. ;)

iwannalose92 01-21-2010 02:19 PM

Thats a fun website! I might start taking pictures every once and a while to put some of my own up there :)

And my real motivation...I don't know really, lots of things. I want to confident with my body for the first time in my life, and live in a bikini this summer 8). But I'm gaining more self confidence and self respect through losing weight, which is a huge motivation for me.

Torismom 01-21-2010 07:00 PM

My motivation is the fact that my Doctor told me yesterday that I have a fatty liver. That scared me enough. She said I am close to having serosis(sp) of the liver. So....I am on my first full day and I am nervous. I hope I can do this. I really want it bad!! Good luck to all of you with your future goals!

bensempress 01-21-2010 07:19 PM

It definately took me wanting to be healthy in order for it to really stick this time. I've lost weight before for reasons like my looks, my activity goals, etc. but until I came to grips with what my being overweight was all about and what it means to be healthy, really healthy... I don't think I'd be able to stick with it this time either.

nitestar 01-21-2010 09:24 PM

Well, the main motivation for my weightloss is to look better and that means losing my rolls and my double chin! But, I also want to avoid diabetes, and run a half marathon in September.

Martina 01-21-2010 10:28 PM

I tried that website, they don't have any pictures to match my body type. I have a weird body in general though,

Sometimes I go to myvirtualmodel and put in my stats, and then I put in lower stats to see the difference. But I also want to be able to do the things WITH my body that I can no longer do, like jumping and running.

hanawatts 01-21-2010 11:03 PM

[QUOTE=Martina;3109469]I tried that website, they don't have any pictures to match my body type. I have a weird body in general though,

You should put YOUR picture in! :) Cuz we ALL feel like we have a "weird" type. :hug:

Martina 01-21-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanawatts (Post 3109520)

You should put YOUR picture in! :) Cuz we ALL feel like we have a "weird" type. :hug:

I thought about it... perhaps when I get a better full body shot standing up, because right now those are my "before" shots and I'm in a sports bra and tight shorts.

Ericabauw 01-22-2010 12:36 AM

grr that site doesnt have my body type.
haha thats a bad thing!

my goal is just shopping in general. theres so much cute stuff out there that i want to wear, but it doesn't look good on me 1. because i am very overweight and 2. my boobs are too big for my body

im hoping by losing weight ill reach a normal body size that isnt awkward and weird!

jigglefree 01-22-2010 03:29 AM

I'm motivated by my health. I don't have any health issues that I know of and don't want any. I plan to be around until I'm 120 but not be feeble. What I was eating and not doing isn't going to get me there. I want to be able to keep up with my baby girl and be more active with her and my husband. Let me not forget my not so secret motivator of being Smokin Hot.

Shmead 01-22-2010 06:59 AM

If you just put in 2 parameters--just height and weight, or just clothes sizes--you'll get a few photos that are approximations.

Enduring Infinity 01-22-2010 10:03 AM

I...have lots of motivation, haha. I want more energy, I want to be able to physically feel my age while I'm still in my early twenties, I want to be light enough to be picked up, I want to have extra room in my seat when I fly, and I want to get down to a 10/12/14 in pants!

srmb60 01-22-2010 10:23 AM

What is it about your body shapes that make you think that they are weird? We often add an awful lot of conjecture and details to something fairly simple. Can I help you?

tereus 01-22-2010 10:30 AM

I;m also using a website that keeps track of my weight, i don;t want to tell it;s name here because i don;t want to breake the rules, but it is cool. It is sending a mail every week to post my progress, and then it makes a chart, so, it is one of the other motivations that i have.

But i have a disadvantage, despite i have 287 lbs, i am fit, i can play 2 hours of football with my skinny friends and they will tire before me.