Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 10:37 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good Morning all!
The thread has been slow the past couple of days. I hope everyong is doing well.
Well I have some good news.... I'm down two lbs this am!!!! 139 now. I think this plan is really going to work for me. I'm in love with a diet again. I know it's just water so far but that's ok. I have to start somewhere huh??
Today I don't have much planned. I'm finishing up the kitchen, peddling for 30 minutes today, and playing with the kids. That's my day. My DH went back to work today after a week off. It's actually been nice having him around everyday and he even mowed our entire yard yesterday, all 1 1/4 acres of it! It looks so BIG now!!
Well I guess I better get my day going and some breakfast in me... hope to see more posts today! Everyone have a great and OP day!
Old 08-15-2002, 10:39 AM   #32  

Oh, I'm changing my mini goal, obviously I didn't make the 5 lb challenge. Any one else make it??
Old 08-15-2002, 03:41 PM   #33  

Where is everyone today??

The forum is going to be changing servers come tomorrow. Please go and read that from Suzanne so that nobody gets "lost" in the move. I just found it and I'm glad I did because email and such might not work for a while.
Anyway... my day is going well. I had a friend come visit today who was so encouraging to me. (not on weightloss, even though she did comment on how well I looked) but on life in general. Once she lef I felt really motivated to get things done this time.
I've eaten well today and got in 20 minutes on the bike. For some reason I always stop once it hits 20 minutes. I want to get in at least 10 more today but probably won't. I'll be gone this evening and then Big Brother comes ontonight that I don't want to budge off the sofa for Pathetic huh?? Anybody else like that show? Reality TV to me is addicting. I love it. Some people love soaps, I love Survivor and Big Brother. Never miss an episode.
Well, I went on and on about nothing ...
I hope SOMEONE posts soon... I'm beginning to feel so alone here... (echo, echo) Anybody out there? (out there? out there?)
Old 08-15-2002, 03:56 PM   #34  
Searching for Motivation

Hi ladies -

Posting kinda late today - had tons to do this morning! Youngest dd had a dr's appt for preschool and we thought she would need shots but found out that she didn't - phew! She had been talking about how scared she was from the moment that I made the appt over a month ago! Turns out she's all up to date and won't need any until next year . After that we had about 6 or 7 other places to go and just got home about 1/2 hr ago. I'm wiped out!! Taking kids on errands is not at all fun sometimes - today they both had "sticky finger syndrom" and couldn't keep their hands off of anything - UGH! Just glad we're home now - I can finally relax - I think EVERYTHING is finally done for school .

So how is everyone doing? It seems that Sprying's the only one who's been posting lately. Btw, Spryng, I'm glad you weren't mad at me for the comments I made the other day. You made a lot of sense with what you said; and from the sounds of it you've given this topic a lot of time and thought - I'm glad for that and happy that you are comfortable with where you're at. I hope this new diet is everything you need and want .

I'm a little mad at myself cause I've been procrastinating my workouts lately. I push it off until I practically don't have enough time to get them and a shower in. Yesterday I only did my upper body w/o and not the pilates cause I had a playday to go to. I told myself I'd do it when I got home but I had to get dinner ready and it got later and later and then I forgot about them altogether. I remembered at 10:30pm and by then I was too tired and going to bed. I did the same thing earlier in the week too . I need to get back on track and quick! Help!!

Today I'm going to do pilates first and then taebo. If I do it the other way around, I'll never have enough energy to do pilates and form is so important! Take care ladies!
Old 08-15-2002, 04:54 PM   #35  
One day at a time.

Hi ladies,

Spryng, I'm here! Just been kinda distracted, too much going on. School starts Monday, and things will slow down after that. I'm happy that you found a plan you can live with and WTG on being down 2 lbs!! You seem to be more chipper over the last couple of days, and back on track. I'm happy for you, heaven knows it's tough trying to change your lifestyle, but at least you seem to be thinking healthy. "It'll all work out in the wash", that's what my mom used to say. As for me, I'm really having a rough time getting back into my workouts! I've been so tired for the last week, I think TOM is coming. I did WATP 1 mile tape, and walked a mile on my treadmill too, but I was doing so much more before slacking off a week ago! Help! My eating has been good but I know that my exercise is whats taking the weight off. Sassy I can totally relate to whats going on with you, so what do we do now? Since I had my hair cut, my headaches have been a little better, but I know this is all tied together somehow? I'm not giving up though!!! Right now I need to get dinner started, I'll BBL!

Last edited by mel17; 08-15-2002 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:51 PM   #36  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, I survived the visit with Dm and Ds. Most everything went well. Got lots to fill in on what happened.........and they go home tomorrow.
Seems as though this has been busy here. Dd just came home in one doozey of a miserable mood!!!! (how comes this allways happens when I get on the 'puter!).
Gotta go...........see ya later!
Ginny
Old 08-15-2002, 11:24 PM   #37  

Good evening ladies! It's so good to see some posts! I thought I was talking to myself there for a while.
Well anyway. I ended the day well. Stayed OP. It was hard tonight though. I was craving pizza so bad and had already had my limit for today. My DH wasn't much help either, he really wanted pizza too. He kept trying to talk me into it. I caved for about 2 minutes and then thought about how I would feel in the morning, I would feel fat and guilty, etc. So I said no and he didn't bring any home. WHEW! That was a close one.
Melissa, was your hair long and thick before it was cut? I've heard the weight of hair can cause headaches. You should be glad that you are at least getting insome sort of exercise every day even though it's not as much as you would like. It's the same with me. I get on my bike everyday but for no more than 20 minutes then I get off and can't seem to get myself back on. But as long as your eating is good and you are getting "some" exercsise in you should still see a loss.
Sassy, do you see results with pilates?? I've seen it on the home shopping network but never gave it much thought. Is it aerobic exercise or strength training?? I'm content with my bike right now but I am thinking about popping in my denise austin tape a couple times a week for variety. What do you think?
Ginny can't wait to hear all about your visit! Glad it went well. Do you remember when Jackie said she'd be back? Boy I miss her posts, and you to Misty, I really miss you posting often too. I hope everything is alright.
Well, I'm calling it a night. I'll chat with you ladies more tomorrow!!
Old 08-16-2002, 10:19 AM   #38  

I'm BACK!!
You are probably getting tired of my posts by now...
But I have good news!! I'm down 2 more lbs!! 137 now. I think I may make my goal afterall. This is Day three for me and I'm hoping I don't have any temptations today. I want to finish this diet right.
Well I have lots to do today so I need to get off here. Hope to see everyone post today! Have a great OP day!!
Old 08-16-2002, 11:49 AM   #39  
Searching for Motivation

Hi Gals

Spryng - I do like pilates and I've noticed it seems to be all the rage right now! Everytime I check out the fitness section in any store, there're more and more pilates tapes available - it's like every instructor is jumping on the bandwagon! It's considered strength training - it works the core of your body - abs and back. I do several different tapes, (both strength training and aerobics), so I can't credit any one tape, but I will say that I definitely feel the burn while doing pilates. It's slow and very focused - it makes you really think about form. The better form you have the more you'll get from the exercises. I think if you're looking to add something to your routine, pilates would be a great way to go. (End non-paid endorsement )

Ginny - you survived the visit - congratulations! It's nice to visit family from time to time - even if it's not always as Walton-esque as we would like . I always wonder if my memories as a child were *really distorted* or if my family has just gotten crazier as we've all aged - hard to say for sure - I don't know which way is actually better? Can't wait to hear how it went...

Mel - as far as motivation goes, I dunno... It comes and goes for me. I have decided that I have to and will *make* the time for myself to do my workouts daily. I will be going back to work (part-time) in just a few weeks and with both girls in school, I'll be needing to reschedule many aspects of my life so that I can make everything fit. I guess the main thing for me is that I don't want to go back to where I was a few months ago. I let myself go for too long and I deserve to be taken care of better and cherished more than that - and by *ME*!!! So important!! There's another thread I post on and we were having trouble staying motivated too. We decided to list a pledge of what we would do food/exercise wise for the next couple of days and try to stay true to that. It's a baby step but it's a start. Maybe we could start up something similar like do weekly pledges and list exercise/water/food goals? I'm so up for that if you are (and anyone else is welcome too, of course!).

Well, HOORAY for me!! I did do my pilates and taebo yesterday - I got a huge burst of energy during taebo and really worked it! Today, I have to do abs and thighs. Dh is having another sports party tomorrow - fantasy football this time so I have to get off here and make sure that the house is presentable - not like they really care, but you all know what I mean! Girls are at dg & g's for the day so I can really focus and get done quickly . I need to get upstairs and finish removing 6 layers of wallpaper that I started in the spring and just have been blowing off ever since - no one sees it but us so it's so easy to forget . Have a nice weekend ladies - take care!!
Old 08-16-2002, 12:00 PM   #40  

That's a great idea sassy! Count me in! You'll have to start the first one so the rest of us know what we are doing. But it sounds really good. Congrats on getting in your exercise yesterday. Sometimes it's a pain to stop and exercise but we always feel better after we do right?? I know I do.
Well I'm alomost done with the house. It was such a mess by this morning. The kitchen especially. We don't have a door that seperates the livinbg room from the kitchen and its getting old. We have a big archway that leads into the kitchen but because of this I can't keep the kids out of anything in the kitchen. And they get into EVERYTHING!! I'm thinking about buying some french doors or something to make a door. If I can just keep them out then it would stay clean, at least until meal times.
Well, talk with youlater!!
Old 08-16-2002, 12:12 PM   #41  

Hi ladies!!!!

Man oh man have I been busy! I'm working sooo much this week and I can't wait until the weekend is over and then I'll get some rest! I've been doing awesome with my exercising...I have done the 2 mile WATP with the weights everyday except last night for about 5 days now I think. Last night I only got through half of it because my leg hurt for some reason so I got up bright and early this morning and did the whole tape! I have lost another 2# since the last time I was on so it's a total of 12# lost!!!! Yahoo!!! If I could just do better with my eating I know I would be doing so much better...although I keep reminding myself that 2# is nothing to sneeze at, right????

Well it sounds like everyone else is doing really well too!

Melissa-You're doing a great job!! Keep it up!

Spryng-Another 2 lbs gone? Yippee!!!

By the way, as anyone ever read any of Bob Greene's books? I read them both and I found them VERY interesting! Also I just finished a novel called Good in Bed and it's about a plus size woman's life and how she learns to deal with her size....I thought it was very entertaining and enlightening!!! It's by Jennifer Weiner if anyone is interested!!

Well everyone have a great op day!!! I'll check in later and do some more personal responses!

Tami
Mom to Tyler and Emma

230/218/???
Old 08-16-2002, 12:21 PM   #42  

It's so funny you mentioned it Tami because I just purchases Bob Greene's Get With The Program book!! I've had it about 5 days now. I love it. The way he explains the scale and metabolism and why we need water is great. And of course the chapter on motivation was great. There are wriitne exercises in the book to find out what makes dieting fail for you and then explains them one at a time and how to correct it. I really am enjoying his book. Is that the one you have??? Congrats on the 2# loss!! You are doing great! before you know it you'll be below 200 and heading to your goal. You are doing great!!
Well back to the kitchen... (my computer is here in the kitchen so I canstay online and caht with you all..) bye.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:20 PM   #43  
One day at a time.

Hello,

Sassy, That's a great Idea, I've already been doing that in my daily journal, and sharing it with y'all will give me more accountability. As for motivation, I have plenty but my body isn't up to it for the last week. I think I know why, this morning I went to the bath room and all of a sudden I felt like I was going to be sick. I broke out in a cold sweat, and the room started going black! I think it's a virus, because I've been weak feeling since then. So I'm going to take it easy today, but tomorrow I'll get back into my workouts.

WTG, Spryng and Tami for your loss! I better watch out, y'all are gonna catch me if I'm not careful!

OK Sassy here goes...

Daily Goals:

( I don't really have any food goals, except to stay in my point range, which I've been doing!)

taking the day off in the exercise dept. (due to sickness)

drink 100 oz. of water

Have a good day!
Old 08-16-2002, 03:36 PM   #44  

Hi again!

Just got this picture scanned and thought I would share it with you all!!! This picture was my ds and I on the 4th of July and it was RIGHT before I started losing weight!

Have a great day everyone!

Tami
Old 08-16-2002, 05:40 PM   #45  
One day at a time.

Just checking in to let y'all know that I'm feeling a little better! Maybe even well enough to try to get in a mini workout tonight, that way I don't feel guilty. wish me luck! I'll check back later.

TTFN
Closed Thread