Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #1  
Working to a thinner Me!!

S/C/G: 232/See Ticker/132

Height: 5'4"

Default Mini Goal Advice

So here's the deal. I'm fairly new to the whole trying to lose weight "game" and I notice that a lot of you have Mini Goals. I'm looking for advice or ideas for my own mini goals. I've lost about 13lbs and feel like I've hit a wall. I also swear up and down that my scale is out to get me! I know one goal I have is to lose my double chin, but not sure how much weight I have to lose before that happens. Your suggestions and advice is much appreciated!
lemondrplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

The fact that I have at least 100 lbs to lose was so daunting at first... so I divided it up into four 25 lb mini goals, which seemed MUCH more attainable. And they have been.. it's made this whole process alot less stressful, because instead of focusing on the full 100 lbs, I can focus on little pieces at a time.

I have rewards for each of those 4 goals, but realistically sometimes even 25 lbs seems overwhelming.. so I make mini goals inside my mini goals . Basically I focus on losing the next 10 lbs.. and getting into a new decade. I can usually celebrate one of those 10 lb goals (no actual reward, just lots of celebration on my part, lol) once every couple of months.. and then before I know it, I'm already coming up on my next 25 lb goal!

I hope this helps! good luck!

Last edited by kuhrisuh; 01-07-2010 at 06:30 PM.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'll just give you my signature to squint at. I loved seeing all the signature goals while I was waiting my 20 days to get my own. And I realized how motivating it was to reach a goal, so I kept mine really small. Mine are all based on percentages and getting out of certain categories in the BMI chart and a few random goals just because I wanted to keep them small. The "getting out of the 180's" and especially the "half way to next goal" goals are purely because the surrounding goals were too far apart. I had fun choosing mine and I stare at them frequently.

Last edited by Eliana; 01-07-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

First of all, congrats on your success so far! Also, I love that little black dress you have on!

I do a similar thing as kuhrishuh. I try to take it 5 lbs. at a time and then celebrate even more when I hit every 10 lbs.

I think it's important to set goals that are Non Scale Victories (NSV's). That way, when you hit a plateau, you don't feel like you're not accomplishing anything, because you truly are!

You might want to have a goal of exercising X amount of hours for the week, or a goal of doing X amount of push ups every night while you watch t.v., as an example.

Or, you could have a goal of fitting into the next size of clothing that is smaller than what you're wearing currently.

HTH. Mini-goals are great for motivation to keep us going for the long haul.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #5  

Thank you, all for your wonderful advice. Take a peek at my new signature and check out my goals!! I'm really looking forward to meeting and beating them!!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I love it! I love how you have combined weight goals with NSV's! Love it, love it!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
First of all, congrats on your success so far! Also, I love that little black dress you have on!
Thanks I love that dress too. I wore that to a cocktail party November 4th and can't wait for it to be too big for me!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

awesome goals!! i like how they're not ALL based on pounds.. can't wait to see you reach each one!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote