Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #136  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckr View Post
Been a while since I checked, in how is it going??
Crushed with busines, have had no time to post. Have not had a great 10 days, was not good for a couple of days but picked back up pretty quick. Going to do an update post here in a few.
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #137  

Weekly Update - Week 12

Starting Weight - 260 lbs
Current Weight - 212 lbs
Loss This Week -5 lbs (over 2 weeks)
Total Loss - 48 lbs

Well, I've been a bit absent from this site which isn't good. I had a rough weekend last weekend, and have done just so-so on plan over the last 10 days. So a lot of pros/cons in this post. The main reason I've been absent is that I'm in the middle of 4 straight weeks of 60+ hour weeks on the road. It's been brutal and is going to continue for the next several weeks. This has been and will be my biggest challenge on plan.

So I've lost 5 more pounds in the past 2 weeks since my last official weigh-in, today was my first day to weigh on that same scale. So obviously happy with losing that much given a number of slip-ups.

The positive to take away is that even though I've had an unacceptable number of slip-ups, I have never just given up on a day, or forgotten about everything. Bad behavior has conquered willpower a few times, but I've thought about it each time. And I really picked myself up and have had several great days in a row which is a nice bounce back.

So for this update post since I've had more slips-ups I thought it useful to look back over the last week and post both good things and bad things that have happened each day.

Sunday
Sunday started off bad when I succumbed and had 2 of one of my favorite breakfast items at church...somebody had baked biscuit rolls with a sausage cream-cheese filling. The day went from bad to worse when I had a huge cold come on very quickly in the early afternoon, just in time for a 3+ hour drive to my work location for the week. On the drive I had a Dairy Queen blizzard. I had a miserable cold, was exhausted, had a terrible plan day, and to top it off it was my first day not calorie counting in almost 3 months on plan.

Monday
Monday my cold was full force, but I rebounded a bit with a good breakfast (egg white omelette with fruit) and lunch (turkey salad). It was downhill after that, for dinner I ended up having crawfish etouffe from one of my fav restaurants next to my hotel. Definately a lot of better choices on the menu. Slight redemption when they put an entire loaf of bread in my to-go box that I ignored during my whole meal. No workout on Monday, which stinks but I think was the right call, I was really sick. I also didn't calorie count this day which sucks, although I went back on Tuesday and got caught up for Monday.

Oh and also I get there and my hotel didn't have an in-room refridgerator, so I'm eating out 3 meals a day all week

Tuesday
Tuesday started off well again with a good breakfast and lunch. Then I got great personal and bad plan news. My wife decided to surprise me by driving down with my kiddo to spend the night with me. Great of her to drive 6 hours round trip for basically one evening and a night with me. For dinner we went to a famous restaurant known for Chicken Fried Steak and I had.....Chicken Fried Steak with scalloped potatoes and spinach. Definately off plan. I did not work out, we only had about 4 waking hours together so I passed, I think this was the right family decision, but bad for the plan. I did get caught up on calorie counting though.

Wednesday
I was a little bummed about having 4 straight days with pretty major slip-ups, but this day would be no different. Breakfast was great, but went to Mexican food for lunch with co-workers and that was a failure. Got back on track very strongly after work though, hit the gym really strong and hard for the first time all week, and had a great dinner of Ahi Tuna and a portebella mushroom wrap.

Thursday
Feeling strong from my successes of Wednesday, Thursday went really well, had 3 really really healthy meals, so had my first solid eating day from start to finish all week. Only downside was not working out, thanks to the class I was in going 12 hours (yes 12 hours). Unbelievable

Friday
Friday was pretty great also eating-wise, did not work out again due to class all day then a long drive home.

Summary
Lots of ups and downs. While I clearly had my worst multi-day stretch since starting up on plan, I am encouraged by keeping my failures mostly limited to single occurances (although too many), and doing other behaviors well and not just giving up.

This week reminded me how hard this process is when I'm at the peak of my stress, workload, etc. This week was HARD HARD HARD. But I'm really glad I picked it up at the end of the week and am doing well this weekend thus-far.

Looking forward to next week
Next week is crushing as well. On the road all week (6 am monday flight) and looking at 60+ hours again. On the plus side my hotel next week has a refridgerator so that should help with eating. This is going to be a tough stretch, I'm a little bummed out thinking ahead about it...

Last edited by randomcards; 02-28-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #138  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! You did really well considering! So I'm glad you're giving yourself credit.

That said, you're walking a tightrope, my friend. Your good choices really need to "outweigh" your bad ones, ha ha.

I'm a recovering alcoholic as well as someone who got fat from overeating--and I'm just telling you that to set the scene for this comparison: To go into a place known for its chicken-friend steak and ORDER and EAT chicken-friend steak, would be like me ordering and drinking a double whiskey up, soda back, just because I'm in a famous Irish bar...

As I learned in a certain program, "If you don't want to slip, stay out of slippery places." The next best thing to remember is that even in the famous Irish bar (or place with great chicken-friend steak) there are other choices, and you CAN make them.

Hang in there! You've been doing so well--keep going!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:30 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 315/302/220

Height: 6'1

Default get back on it

You are doing great, 5 pounds in 2 weeks with those slip ups, great job, I mean that. Good choice on the family time, much more important in those circumstances then the gym!!! Also it is march first and i amk rededicating my self and acting like March First is Jan 1st so my New Years Resolutions begin again today, that is how I am thinking about it, i slip this weekend as well, McD's Grilled Chik Sand, forgot to hold the mayo and an Egg mcmuffin, feel bad, but the Old days it would have been a number 10 with a couple mcckikens, so guess it could be worse. So I am back on track today and good luck with your work load, and keep it up!!!!!
tuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #140  

Tuesday Mar 2 - Refridgerator makes all the difference

2 Days into another week on the road. This hotel has a fridge and that makes tons and tons of difference. By shopping for healthy things and not going to dinner I....

Eat better
Have more time to workout
Have more time to finish work and still get to sleep

Not as much fun as going out to big dinners, but a lot of pros to it which compensate. Several really good days on plan now going back at least to Fri/Sat of last week.

Getting very close to the 50lb lost mark, really hoping I can hit that this week.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #141  

Height: 4'11"

I have been reading your progress from start to finish (since you've started this thread)
It's very interesting for me to be able to follow it... You have a lot to be proud of. In the long run, a tough few days won't derail you if you get right back on plan - which you have.
Just want to say keep up the good work... I'm rooting for you!
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensglen3 View Post
I have been reading your progress from start to finish (since you've started this thread)
It's very interesting for me to be able to follow it... You have a lot to be proud of. In the long run, a tough few days won't derail you if you get right back on plan - which you have.
Just want to say keep up the good work... I'm rooting for you!
Thanks for the encouragement, it's much appreciated!
Old 03-04-2010, 12:15 AM   #143  

Wednesday March 3rd - So much for the gym today

Well did great making it to the gym on the first two days of this trip.

However today my workday started at 6:30 AM and I just finished at 12:15am with only 30 minutes for lunch and 60 for dinner. Brutal brutal.

My brain is completely worn out, but I'm afraid that work involving the brain doesn't burn many calories.

Days like this are a big trigger for overeating, but I actually ate really good today so proud of that.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #144  

Weekly Update - Week 13
90 Day Progress Pics - Major Goal!!!

Starting Weight - 260 lbs
Current Weight - 210 lbs
Loss This Week -2lbs
Total Loss - 50 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! I made it. My own version of P90X lol.

I was hoping to reach 50 lbs lost by the 90 day mark and I hit it exactly!!! Can't quite say how excited I was.

I'll skip over the week 13 stuff, cliff notes--- I was on the road and ate good all week, and did good with exercise. Not a perfect week but an A-

Measurables

90 Days since I started this process. 90 Days ago I weighed 50 more lbs than I do today. So here's a couple of measurables....

Waist: Started 42/44, now comfortably in 36's

Pushups: Started < 10, now can do 3-4 sets of 30 good pushups

Weight Machines: Started at 90lbs on most, now at 155-170 on most with same reps

Cardio Couldn't run at all; now can do 1.5 miles consecutive at 7mph. Can do 60 consecutive minutes of other forms of cardio

The biggest benefit by far has been the increased energy to keep up with my daughter, we have so much more quality time now. I am never to tired to wrestle, run around, do piggy back, etc...

Progress Pics

Not the best pictures, but all I've got handy. Painful to show the befores...

Before (at 260lbs)

Current (at 210lbs)

Looking to the future
I still have plenty of work to do to get down to my current goal of 190, the next 20 lbs could well take another 90 days. But I also think I'll see some huge body transformation in the next 20 lbs.

Also BMI calcs are dumb, the middle of normal for me is 145 lbs at least according to my WiiFit. LOL to lose another 65 lbs I would have to lose a ton of muscle I think. I'll reevalute when I get to 190, but don't think I'll go too far past there.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #145  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

FAN-TASTIC DUDE!!!!!

Look at the difference! Wow!

Keep on going! You are doing great!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 03-08-2010 at 07:56 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #146  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Wow! The difference in your pictures are amazing. Even thought you're not at goal, I say congrats!!!!

I also did not very good this week with working out, and I ate out once or twice (tho I picked lower calorie meals). I ended up skipping the gym Sunday, only went on Wednesday and then did some shoveling earlier in the week -I feel sreally guilty! But yes, I am back to the crunch tomorrow and on schedule.

It's funny how when we have no choice but to take a day off from exercise we now feel terrible, when before we probably didn't care (at least I didn't).
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schubunny View Post
It's funny how when we have no choice but to take a day off from exercise we now feel terrible, when before we probably didn't care (at least I didn't).
Thanks for the kind words.

I hear your comment above! I have to be really careful because I retain more water when I lift a lot at the gym, so if I skip the gym for 2 days my weight appears to go down faster than when I go to the gym every day, even though I know this is artificial.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 315/302/220

Height: 6'1

Default Wow

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! U have inspired me as well, I am still hovering around the 23 lb lost mark for 60 days, but the first 20 days of that no exercise!!! You are truly inspiring, especially the pictures, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very proud of you,

I am thankful I found this on here and I encourage you to start a blog, you wirte really well and I can;t wait to check on progress, we are very similiar, I weigh a little more and am a little taller but are goals are about teh same!!!

Thanks again for sharing your journey and look forward to continuing with u

Thanks Tucker
tuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckr View Post
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! U have inspired me as well, I am still hovering around the 23 lb lost mark for 60 days, but the first 20 days of that no exercise!!! You are truly inspiring, especially the pictures, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very proud of you,

I am thankful I found this on here and I encourage you to start a blog, you wirte really well and I can;t wait to check on progress, we are very similiar, I weigh a little more and am a little taller but are goals are about teh same!!!

Thanks again for sharing your journey and look forward to continuing with u

Thanks Tucker
Thanks Tucker, you keep it up on your end, it's worth it!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #150  

Weekend of March 13-14: Dodging Bullets

Well I've been reading the site a fair bit, but not posting a ton. But fortunately it's for a good reason. Since this process has started to settle more into a habit for me, I'm having to think about everything less and am just executing. So that's good.

Anyway I just feel like I escaped this past weekend barely, it was one of those real life weekends that you just have to realize will happen and you have to deal with it. Here's the rundown

1. My brother and his g/f came down to visit for the weekend, so when I returned home from my trip Friday night there was half a leftover pizza in the fridge...AVOIDED

2. Due to houseguests my wife cooked a big country breakfast....AVOIDED only had some eggs and fruit

3. It was my daughters 2nd B-Day party - this involved a cookout of hotdogs, mini-burgers, chips, fruit and of course cake. PARTIALLY AVOIDED, only had 2 mini burgers and a bit of fruit.

4. Then all those leftovers were in my house all afternoon. I really really really really have a hard time with chips being in the house. AVOIDED

5. Then it was my niece's 18th b-day party...at an Italian Restaurant...with at fixed party menu...SORTA AVOIDED I had lasagna which wasn't the best, but skipped having a bunch of pizza for appetizers and cheesecake for dessert.

6. Then our sunday school class had it's monthly potluck lunch on Sunday afternoon. AVOIDED by making pretty healthy choices, limited portion, fruit, avoided the bad stuff and dessert

7. Then those stupid chips and other leftovers were still in my house all day Sunday...AVOIDED... I'm actually considering throwing 2 full bags of chips, I don't want to eat them and can't really have them around.

So I feel like I scraped by this weekend, certainely wasn't "on-plan" but I could have done vastly worse so pretty happy. And didn't use any of the excuses I could have to go overboard.

Now on to a week at home finally after 4 straight weeks on the road!!!