Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Diana, Yay! Yay that you ate the healthy chinese food. Just remember, you probably did not get many calories in..as you ate mostly veggies. It is very normal...to feel hungry after eating lean chinese food.

The fat in the dishes comes mostly from the sauces, which I usually shake off my veggies, before I eat...

About your husband, I definitely believe in measureable outcomes. I don't like it that he is not testing his sugar. How can he know if a therapy is working. At least the cravings decreasing is a GOOD way to test it. Still....I would rather see the blood glucose being controlled with direct results.

My confessions for yesterday:

I had a lot of non-tradtional exercise...cleaning and moving furniture...

Pedometer : 36,724 steps
calores burned on pedometer alone: 1800

I ate 3- 130 cs. 4.5 g fat egg rolls during the day, with 2 glasses of green tea chai, and 2 bites of my son's pizza.

I had a dinner party to go to at the fire dept. I was very hungry, but stuck to very small portions.

I ate Turkey: 2-1.5 oz servings (this turkey was GOOD)
cranberry sauce: 2 tbsp
1/2 cup mac + cheese
1/8 cup stuffing
1/8 cup green bean casserole
a few bites of corn
4 tbsp turkey gravy
1 inch by 1/2 inch of pecan pie
1 inch by 1/2 inch of lemon cream pie
2 tsp of chocolate pie
1 cup of strawberry shortcake stuff (omg delicious..might of overdone it there)[strawberry topping w/strawberries, angel food cake, whipped cream]

about 1000cs, maybe 1200 cs.

got home..was hungry?...ate a salad, with cut up turkey slices, 6 olives, 1 egg with homemade dressing (1 tbsp mayo, 2 tsp sugar, ACV to taste, and water): 150cs.

had a cup of green tea chai.(50 cs).b4 bed. Then SO wanted a drink...and I followed suit with a cup of hot cocoa (100 cs) and some apple liquor. (30 cs-STOUT)
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #152  
Trying Hard!

S/C/G: 207/183/158

Height: 5' 9

Finally warmed up here in Austin. So I managed to do a workout on the patio with my equiment. 500 calories burned

It's a start for the week as I only got in 2 workouts last week

Gonna try to be good tonight and tomorrow for food. Weigh in is again on Tuesday.
aliciabadeusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #153  
Trying Hard!

Has anyone heard of or used a Bosu ball? I discovered those at the gym last week and they are pretty great. It's the half ball on top with the flat base. You can use it to stand on for leg extensions or woodchoppers. Makes it harder to balance so it's supposed to work your core a whole lot more. Also I tried push ups on it and it was way hard. I hope Santa is bringing me one for Christmas
Old 12-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #154  
Trying Hard!

Ok had to post that I made a kickass Minestrone soup tonight. Mostly vegetables so shouldn't be too bad. A little olive oil to soften the onions, garlic & carrots and only 1 cup of pasta. Made a huge pot, so I know what I am eating for the next few days.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #155  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Jen Hubby normally knows his regimen is not working because the Dr. tells him so. It's not funny, but he's only going to do what he's going to do. In the early years I would argue with him over it, and got no where. So here we are. About your question in the main forum (WTH?), how often do you take rest days? Maybe you're not taking enough time off. I would consider your day, yesterday as a workout day because of how active you were. Are you eating enough calories for how active you are? Are you getting enough sleep?

aliciabadeusz If you get a Bosu, here's somre videos that you might enjoy. http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise...age=1&sortby=3

Confessions:

Breakfast (380 Calories + coffee)
Spinach Omelet
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
honey 60 cal
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 50 cal

Lunch Panera (530 Calories)
Cup Broccoli and Cheddar Soup 190 Calories
1/2 Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich 340 Calories

Dinner
2 Homemade Tacos all the way 600
Nacho Chips 100 Calories
Sweet Tea 100 Calories

Exercise
Turbo Kick (Turbo Sport)
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:02 PM   #156  

ugh, I posted and the computer ate my post!

Good job diana on the exercise and calories. Yes, I need a day off. I have 7 loads of laundry and some more house cleaning, and then I am taking a day to just lay in the bathtub or bed. heh. I have a cold now.

alicia, yay on the sun, we did not see it today, but I am glad you had a good time with it outside. Bosu's are fun. I wanted one, but I get the same off-balance feel from my rebounder. Oh your soup sounds great.

ok today. Pedometer 15,587 steps =761 cs. Housecleaning/scrubbing for 5.5 hours.

Calories so far:

5 glasses chai tea: green tea, 1 tsp honey/sugar, vanilla extract, 2 tbsp milk. 250 cs

lentils 1/2 cup = 70 cs
3/4 cup rice = 100 cs
1/4 perch filet = 25 cs
chicken broth =20 cs
1 apple: 80 cs
1 orange = 100 cs
30 almonds = 200 cs (very hungry)
pizza=620 cs. 2 pcs (all we had for dinner)
mounds bar =80 cs

total 1545 -1600 by the time I have another cup of tea.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #157  

ok, so I printed out a log from my excel spreadsheet from 2006. I was 16?.? and eating more than I eat now...but I was losing weight pretty steadily. The funny thing is that unlike now...I had a set goal of 1400...and ate very variably from that. I never ate 1400...I logged my exercise and activity..my focus was on my activity...and I kept a running deficit total to track weight loss...and it WAS working...I am going to try to use the same numbers...and about the same activity just to see what will happen. Since, I am at 1200 I can not go any lower. Or exercise any harder...so it's worth a shot.

Goal today: 1880 cs 980 cs activity

Breakfast ( a little late)
1/2 grapefruit 52 cs
1/2 cup pomegranate 60 cs
24 almonds 160 cs

1/2 cup pomegranate 52 cs
1/4 grapefruit 26 cs
12 almonds 80 cs

12 pcs turkey 120 cs
12 black olives 50 cs
salad (mixed herb and iceberg) -
2 pcs cheese 160 cs
1 tsp honey 15 cs
1 tbsp mayo 90 cs
ACV -

Dinner: 6 oz baked chicken breast (hungry) 300 cs
1/4 cup baked beans 100 cs
1/4 cup corn. 50 cs

2 sm mounds bars 160 cs

4 glasses chai tea. (green tea, 1 tsp honey, vanilla extract, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, 2 tbsp milk 30 cs)

Just got back from finishing cleaning...1138 cs. burned. 10.95 miles of walking wow.23, 109 steps.

So I am at 1337. That is a far cry from 1800. Hmm.. I could use a snack though. Some nuts, chicken, and fruit sound good.

3 oz chicken 150 cs
1/4 c pomegranate 30
1/2 grapefruit 52
24 almonds 160

Total Calories 1889
AMR 1585 + 1138 = 2723
def = -834 cs.
expected lbs lost =.24

Last edited by jendiet; 12-14-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #158  
Trying Hard!

Sooooooo not feeling it tonight Wet and humid here, we are about to get another cold front blowing thru in a few hours. My baby is screaming her head off and I am feeling really sluggish

But I managed to get off the couch and go outside for a 20 min workout. Straight up cardio, only 200 calories burned - stair stepper & rower. It's better than nothing. Some days you just have to force yourself and push thru it.

Weigh in is in the morning. I am going to try and avoid any heavy carbs tonight. Wish me luck.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #159  
Trying to live below 200

Alicia Did you see my previous post about the Bosu? If not here it is: If you get a Bosu, here's some videos that you might enjoy. http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise...age=1&sortby=3

Tonight we went to Cracker Barrel and I ate a Biscuit. I am well within my calories and the biscuit didn't hurt anything, but I did not need the biscuit. I didn't even want the biscuit. The biscuit was there so I ate it. I need to be aware of that type of stuff and not fall back into that mind set.

Confessions
Breakfast (380 Calories + coffee)
Spinach Omelet
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
honey 60 cal
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 50 cal

Lunch (300 + Mayo)
2 Slices of bread 80 Calories
thinnest swipe of mayo & mustard I could do
4 Slices Hormel Naturals Ham 60 Calories
1 Slice 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese 60 Calories
Iceberg lettuce
Pringles 100 Calorie packs

Dinner (Cracker Barrel) (753 calories)
Grilled Chicken tenderloin sandwich
Grilled chicken tenderloins 160 calories
Seared Sourdough bread 220 calories
1 Biscuit 133 calories
Cole Slaw Taste 75 calories
Honey 50 calories
Vegetable soup 115 calories

Exercise

TJ Lower Body Jam
TJ Ab Jam
TJ Punch Kick and Jam

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-14-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #160  
Trying to live below 200

Ha Ha, so my ticker decides to show up. I tried to set up my ticker yesterday and it wouldn't work. I decided not to worry with it any more. I just noticed that it showed up. It wasn't there earlier, LOL.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #161  
:3

S/C/G: 160/149/145

Good luck Alicia! :3

I started calorie counting today! First time I've done it willingly. Hah. Always thought it was too much trouble. But it's helped me a lot! It turns out, I actually have more calories to use than I thought! The way I've been eating the last week, I was always hungry, because I didn't know the calories so I'd just eat really small portions and no snacks. But today I put in all my calories for breakfast and found out that I had barely passed 300.

Sooo I'm exicted. I feel like I have much more freedom now. No wonder I lost like 3 pounds last week, I was barely eating enough.

So... food!
Breakfast: Bagel with 1 tbs Cream Cheese and Orange Juice (295 cal)
Lunch: Baked Chicken Breast and Banana (461 cal)
Snack: Whole Wheat Toast with 1 tbs Cream Cheese (130 cal)
Dinner: Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs (460-ish cal)
Dessert: One Dove Minature Square (44 cal)

Then I did a little stretching and bellydancing, which burned about 82 calories... not much, but I wasn't feeling too good today. Asthma was acting up.

So total for the day was 1,306! Whoo! 1,500 is my max right now, I might raise/lower it depending on how much weight I lose with it. :3 And I know I ate a lot of Cream Cheese-- it was the first time it's been in the house for years, because my mom doesn't like it. I just had to have some. LOL

Starting to feel good about this!

Last edited by Oshaberi; 12-14-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Oshaberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 AM   #162  

alicia, good job on squeezing some cardio in. Are you still getting a bosu?

Diana, I wouldn't worry about the biscuit. Although I know what you mean. I just completely ignore the biscuits and rolls now...I want to EAT. And those are just empty fillers to me. Your ticker is cute.

Osha..welcome, I think calorie counting is the best way to feel like you are in control of your own weight loss. Good for you for learning the method and applying it. Yes, it sure does help to see what you have REALLY been eating.

Well, it is crazy warm out there. I'm wondering what the weather has up its sleeve? Feels like a winter day in Florida out there--I'm in SC.

SO is on a firecall, so I am not laying back down yet...person was trapped in a carwreck. i usually pray for everyone involved and that he comes home.

The VFD gave me a HUGE fruit basket. I mean 25 oranges, 25 apples, 2 grapefruit. I also saw pomegranates on sale...2 for $1.49--so I bought 5 of those deals. I have been peeling and removing the arils for days...but finally my collection is in the freezer. Tasty little snacks. And pomegranate plus grapefruit is DELICIOUS.

Well the grapefruit and pomegranate kicked my cold's but. As I knew it would. I feel so much better today. I am not nearly as sore in my calves and legs from the step areobics anymore...

I STILL have work to do at my friend's house, but I am in the next week, although, at this point it feels neverending. I'm glad for the work though.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #163  

well apparently my body liked the extra food. I dropped a lb down down today. It could just be a coincidence though. I am very hungry too. Eggs and bananas sound really good. I woke up starving and ate 12 almonds just until I get roused enough to make some breakfast.

I'm going to take another high day. .
Plus, I am going to workout today for 30 min.

Hey, i just realized this. This morning...we headed out up the hill to the bus stop, when DS forgot something...i had to go back home, then took out of the house jogging...it never occured to me, I had started to jog up THAT hill. Which used to kill me just to walk up. And I didn't fall over afterwards, I was breathing heavily, but after less than a minute was back to comfortable breathing.

Alicia, i woke up to a nice quiet house and your post about "screaming baby" hit me. I hope she is getting calmer. Is she teething? I hope you have a peaceful day today.

Here are my confessions: 1 lb down vs. .24 expected loss. happy
Goal is 1805 cs. Activity goal is 980 cs
pre-breakfast: 12 almonds 80 cs.
pre-workout: 1 yogurt 160 cs
6 almonds: 40 cs

WORKOUT: 10 min HIIT HR 137-167
Protein shake (Blech!!!) poured half out= 127.5 cs

Lunch
2 eggs 140cs
1 tbsp olive oil = 120 cs
salsa
pomegranate seeds = 10 cs
grapefruit (1/4) =25 cs
Mounds bar = 80cs

Snack:
chai tea: 30 cs
4 grapes: 10 cs
6 almonds: 40 cs
pc cheese: 100 cs

snack: bowl of lentils 80 cs
1 Mounds bar 80 cs

Dinner:
Tuna Helper: 500 cs.
1 cup cappucino 80 cs
1 cup green tea chai 30 cs

snack: 2 iced gingerbread cookies 93 cs
1 sm banana (been craving all day!) 60 cs
almonds 80 cs.

Other Activity: Laundry, light house cleaning.
tough house cleaning after 6 pm...broke a sweat; grocery shopping for an hour at 9 pm.

*** ugh SO, and his late night snacking...I was good and ate 3 walnuts *****
and 3 almonds, and 2 tsp of cottage cheese, but then he brings out the pb and
apples! 200 cs late night snack.

did not make 30 MIN WORKOUT GOAL.
Total calories 2025
Activity from pedometer: 1100 cs ;22,669 steps.
BMR + Activity = AMR
AMR = 2685
Deficit = -660
lbs expected lost =.19

Last edited by jendiet; 12-16-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #164  
Trying Hard!

Well weighed in today and down another pound, to 181. I guess I will take it as a positive. Although I sure wish I could drop like 2-3 per week. It's going to take a lot of effort I fear to get these 15-20 to budge.

The Bosu videos look good. I am going to wait and see if I wind up with one after the holidays. If not, then I will just use it when I go to the gym.

After my short 20 min cardio routine last night I actually came in and did some yoga stretches out of a book I have in my living room. It felt really good. I forgot how much I enjoyed yoga last year. I had actually signed up and did a month of Bikram at one of the studios here in Austin. Talk about sweat! I remember my skin was glowing after a few weeks of doing that. It purges all of the toxins out of your skin. I need to try and do those stretches once a week or get to a yoga class at the gym, just to help with the flexibility. Also tried to do a little meditation at the end of it. Just to clear my mind. I needed it last night My baby cried non stop from 7 pm - past midnight. Heaven help me!!! I hope this passes. She has colic so bad. It's maddening. My husband is off starting tomorrow night, so hopefully he can help me with her.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #165  

do you know the colic hold alicia? My son had it one time. lay the baby face down on your arm..so that your baby's head is up. Your hand will be between baby's legs pressing on the lower part of the abdomen...I would rock DS like that...the pressure gives immense relief of the colic..you can do it sitting down, but the pressure is more standing up, and you can walk around with them like this.

Here's a better explanation:
http://womens-place.com/features/coliccures.php

Bless your heart. I pray for peace for the little one.