Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 09:19 AM   #31  
Searching for Motivation

Morning

Hope everyone had a great weekend! The girls were at their grandparents having a slumber party Sat night so dh and I were able to go to the mall (which he hasn't done in years - can you believe that! ). We did end up going out to eat to Chili's and I thought I was doing well ordering a salad until it arrived and I realized the chicken in it was not grilled but battered and fried!! I guess I wasn't really paying that much attention to the menu and *assumed* (we all know where that can get us! ) that since it was a salad, the chick. would be healthy. Oh well, I ended up eating it over the course of 2 days - so at least it didn't all go down at once. HOWEVER.....at the mall we did run into Cinnabon and it is my all-time weakness. We ended up getting a 6-pack to go and well.......they're in my kitchen right now.........getting hungry....... . Luckily, I have to drive over an hour to get to one - can you imagine what I would look like if it was right around the corner - scary thought! Willpower would be right out the window!!

Also took the girls school shopping yesterday and, wow, were they excited! They just had to look throught every folder in stock to find that perfect one - and then they ended up finding the exact same one - I couldn't help but laugh!! The youngest (4) got to pick out her very own "packback" as she likes to call it and felt so important - she tried them all on for size to get "the most perfect one mom" - lol! What a hoot!

Ginny - glad to see you off your feet and spending some quality time with yourself! Here's to hoping it lasts long!!

Karen - glad to see you can still get here. Sorry about the server problems - hope they get cleared up quickly - and way to go on losing that 3#!!

Mel - those video game systems are the worst aren't they?! My 12 y/o cousin and his are inseparable! But with this heat - I can see why they wouldn't want to do much else .

Misty - I'm so glad the kids are well again......are you ok? Have you recovered from cabin-fever yet? I hope you get some time to chill abit so you don't get too worn out - we don't need you to get sick now!

Spryng - glad to hear about the surgery getting scheduled - at least this way it's taken care of and you can back to normal sooner as opposed to later. I'll be thinking of you all during this time .

If I missed you it's cause I have a terrible memory and I apologize. Everyone have a great day and be sure to get in your workouts for the day - mine will be upper body weights and Pilates. I actually like this routine so I'm not *too* bummed that it's Monday . Take care!!
Old 08-05-2002, 12:21 PM   #32  

Good Afternoon Girls!!!!!!!!

First, my confession. I haven't been posting much because my eating has been horrible and as far as exercise... well non existant. So there it is. But, today has been better. I'm finally begining to figure out what has gone wrong with my program and why I'm in such a funk.
I'm eating all hours and not taking time to have well balanced meals. So today I've changed this. I made myself a promise to eat 3 meals with 2 snacks and get it together. So far it is really working and I feel really positive about it. I'm done counting calories and fat grams. It's all portion control now and making good decisions. Oatmeal for breakfast instead of coco puffs kinda thing.
And I'm making a real effort to get out and walk also get on the bike.

Glad you all are doing good. Hope it doesn't get to stressfull for those of you who are getting your children ready to go back to school. Ginny hope the storm blew over fast. Nice to have a little break from the heat. It's been unbearable here. Dh has been working in the field late trying to beat the heat. Spryng, lke Ginny mentioned salt can really cause alot of water retention. And if you are eating out alot you'd be really suprized of the sodium content in those foods. And also as you know muscle weighs more than fat. Keep up the great work and let me know what you find. BTW I'm saying big prayers for the baby(and you). Keep me posted. Sassy and Mel, great to hear from you. I'm sorry I can't be more personal but it's time for me to go. I did read your posts tho. Have a great Monday all!

Last edited by MistyMichele; 08-05-2002 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:24 PM   #33  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!!!!!
Me the eternally brain dead one is going to start a new thread. See ya'll there!!!!!(thread # 57)
Ginny
Old 08-10-2002, 10:07 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!

I'm back!! It took me just about 45 minutes just to read everyone's posts. And now...DH just came in for the night after washing & putting the boat away until the next time we use it. I can't post too long tonight, so I'll be more individual later. Our vacation was quite nice. The place we rented was a 3 bedroom cottage/cabin. It was just awesome & so relaxing!! (A little tense from time-to-time, but not bad.) The 4 of us actually got along quite well. DH was a knob on my dd's 9th Birthday & wouldn't let us do anything "special" with her. (Ginny-this was the same day you had such a rough time with the family.) I felt so bad for my dd. DH must have thought things over in his head & was a real sweetheart the next day. We ended up taking the family Horse back riding for dd's belated birthday celebration. We also went out to lunch & then went back to the cottage & spent the afternoon tubing behind the boat. I felt like a kid again!! The cottage is way on top of a hill from the lake, on their land, but tons of stairs!!
I guess you could say that I got my daily exercise in. It really got the entire family's heart-rate up there!! Well-the family needs my attention right now, so I'll close for now. C-U all later.
Closed Thread