Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/181/145

Height: 5'6

Default Carb Counting to Calorie Counting

I started a week and a day ago trying how my friend recently lost 15lbs with the net carb diet. Well, I haven't gained weight, but I sure haven't lost it either. I'm really frustrated and irritated. I've been at a weight loss plateau for a year now. It's time to get into the 150's, I'm tired of the 160's. Ironically enough I have been taking a nutrition class to finish some GE requirements and my book talks about low carb diets. The book basically says it is as simple as burning more calories than what you take in, whether you are watching carbs or not, you still have to burn more than you take in to lose the weight. So, here is week number 2 and its Calorie counting time. Will let you know how it goes.
ashisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #2  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
The book basically says it is as simple as burning more calories than what you take in, whether you are watching carbs or not, you still have to burn more than you take in to lose the weight.
Calories in/calories out actually isn't the principle behind some low-carb diets. There are others on here who can explain it much better than me, so I won't try. JerseyGirl, Kaplods?

The great thing about all the different diet plans out there is, you can shop around until you find the one that works for you. Atkins worked FABULOUSLY for me the first 100+ pounds, then I had to adjust and find another plan that worked for me (now I'm low-fat, low-carb). Sometimes I'm a bit jealous of folks who can lose on calorie-counting, with all foods allowed--I'm not one of them. But hats off to those who can!

Best of luck in your new diet direction!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote