Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #16  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back, and congrats on the baby! I know you will find a way to make it work.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #17  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

LisaMarie71 I remember you.

You can totally do it. We all have our mess-up times at least you had a legitimate excuse. I gained 55 myself over this past winter and I have about 7-8 pounds to work off until I get to where I stopped before.

It's taken me 5 months to re-lose that weight, and it was annoying, but look at it this way. You want to eat right and get healthy anyway so it doesn't really matter what weight you re-start at because even if you maintained.... Maintenance is ALSO about managing your food/exercise, so you'd be doing this reguardless.

I know finding the mojo again is hard, but you know your capable of it!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

CountingDown, Onederchic, dragonwoman, EZ, Suezeeque , Rainbow, Bonnie, Judy – Thanks so much for welcoming me back and encouraging me!

CLCSC – setting a good example for my son is one of my big reasons for getting healthy again. I want him to be a runner like his daddy is and like I used to be!

Hi Glory

Maryshady, kestrel -- Yes, the Y has babysitting and they don’t charge for it. Right now I’m afraid to leave him in there because of the swine flu germs! He got his shot today, though. He’s pretty bad about separation anxiety, which makes it tough, but I suppose he’ll get used to it.

Midwife – I’m not coaching XC this year (and I didn’t last year) – in fact, I don’t teach anymore either. I’m staying home with my son for a few years, and trying to get some piano students. The 80/20 thing is a good reminder!

Havisham – you’re right about my son’s leftovers! I do that sometimes!

Idealmuse – you make a really good point about how I would be eating right and exercising in order to maintain anyway. It made me think – what am I DOING if I’m not managing my food and exercise? It’s crazy not to!

Rockinrobin – thank you so much for reminding me of what I always said: If I can do it, anyone can. It’s true! And I CAN do it again, and I’m going to!

Thanks, everyone.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #19  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on your baby!

I don't remember your from before, because, I wasn't here.

But, as one who has lost, gained, lost, gained, yada, yada, yada.

YOU CAN DO IT.

Each time I start again I learn more about myself and who I really am. And each time I gain back less and I do better.

One of these days it will all come together for good.

Hang in there.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #20  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie71 View Post
Some of you may remember me -- back in 06/07 I lost 110 pounds, with the help of a lot of lovely 3FC folks and a LOT of running! I changed my life completely, and as quickly as I lost the weight, I got pregnant! I'd been trying for a long time, so I was happy about that. I gained nearly 80 pounds with the pregnancy, however, and I just can't seem to get it together to get rid of the weight. I have around 65 pounds to lose to get back to my original goal weight of 165.
Welcome back!

I'm gong to be incredibly corny for a moment, which is completely not me, but this situation calls for desperate measures!

You didn't gain 65 pounds back. You've permanently lost...how much? 45 pounds-ish? (I'm guessing?) You made it through one of the most biologically trying conditions known to man and your sustained a good chunk of your weight loss.

I say "Kudos!"

Sure, you gained some of it back. You'll lose it again. A lot of effort goes into creating those little bubbas, don't be discouraged that your waistline suffered.

What robin said bears quoting!
Quote:
LisaMarie, you know EXACTLY what needs to be done. You know it. Now you just have to DECIDE to do it. Decide to do it. Commit to do it. And get the job done. Do it now. What are you waiting for? The longer you wait, the harder it gets. So get committed, get excited, get into it, get determined, get pumped, get moving, get planning, get going, just get, get, get.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 162/158.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on the baby! Awesome weight loss, too - you are obviously a strong person to get through that!

I haven't had a child, so I don't know just what you are going through. But it is obvious that you have an excellent plan to get the weight off before. Probably if you do pretty much as you did before, it will happen again. And maybe somebody could watch him for an hour a day while you work out, or whatever, or maybe put him in a bouncy seat or playpen while you do a DVD. Although you have probably already thought of those ideas.

At any rate, congrats!
jillianfan is offline   Reply With Quote