Well this sucks!

• I had to buy a new scale yesterday because mine broke since my aunt dropped her suitcase on it trying to weigh it.

My new scale says I am 286
  • ((hugs)) it could just be water weight. I hate that feeling though.

Look at it this way though, no matter what this scale says...you still have lost 14 lbs! Because your starting weight would have been 2 lbs higher as well

edited to say:

oops I was going by your ticker! Your avatar says 30 lbs lost!!! woohoo!
  • I'm hoping it is water weight! I was in a rush yesterday and ate a grilled chicken caesar salad from BK, thinking it would be ok since it is salad. That was the only difference in my usual diet. But now I see it has a lot of sodium.

Thanks! My tickers show my mini goals
  • Yeah, don't worry about the weight change. It's a new scale...in all the time I've been on this forum I can't recall a single time someone tried a new scale and it read exactly the same as the old one - and that's a lot of posts. You're definitely better off than some people who saw a 10lb gain!

Fast food and restaurants in general are notorious for dumping sodium in their food. If you're not used to that level, it will cause a major spike in weight. Try to flush it out by drinking lots of water today. Hopefully you'll see your old numbers again!
  • Thanks Sunni!
  • Hi, there,
    I can relate - I just bought my first set of scales in years - and found I was 40lbs heavier than i thought.
    Hang in - we can do this!!!!
  • Havisham, we sure can!!!!
  • Two pounds is not so bad- when I bought MY new scale I discovered my old one was TEN pounds off- talk about depressing! *cry*
  • Beerab, indeed 2lbs is not as bad as 10!
  • My scale weighs 5 pounds higher than either of my doctors, my Wii fit, or my gym. When I finally figured that out, I was sure happy. At least you figured it out, and you can make a mental note when you step on.
  • My new scales weigh 5lbs more in the bathroom but exactly the same in the kitchen, maybe your scales just need a new home.
  • I checked my old scale and it turns out that the battery had somehow popped out so after I pushed it in it works again, although the screen has a hole in it now!

Turns out I really DID gain weight! On both scales I weigh 285.4 this morning. No more BK salads for me!