skinny jeans! nsv

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • so i ordered my first pair of skinny jeans last week from american eagle. theyre a little more straight legged than the usual "super skinny" ones that look like denim leggings. i ordered a 14 b/c i know how those juniors stores usually run tiny. they got here yesterday and not only do they FIT, but they look cute on me! my husband (who never notices anything. seriously, i cut 9 inches off my hair one time and he didnt notice) came home and looked at me and said, "you look cute! i really like those jeans!"
  • Awesome! I really want some skinny jeans but my damn thighs just hang on to fat like crazy and I'm not sure i can pull them off just yet. I can't wait till I can tho, that's a great nsv!
  • thanks michelle!

meow, yeah the thighs can be a problem w/ the skinny jeans. my most stubborn fat is in my belly and arms so my thighs went pretty fast. the gut is a different story......
  • I can't wear skinny jeans at all, not because I can't find a size but I am just not a good shape to pull them off EVER.

I like the boyfriend cut the best. Waiting for my npair to arrive from the gap online. tried them on in the store but wanted them without holes (I know i am an old foggie at 41) and I need the short length...I am only 5'3"
  • Quote: I can't wear skinny jeans at all, not because I can't find a size but I am just not a good shape to pull them off EVER.

I like the boyfriend cut the best. Waiting for my npair to arrive from the gap online. tried them on in the store but wanted them without holes (I know i am an old foggie at 41) and I need the short length...I am only 5'3"
    i think height might factor in here. it might not be that you're not a good shape, it might just be that they work better for girls who have some more height.

the boyfriend ones are cute too, esp rolled up.
  • Congratulations on the "skinny jeans." I know that is an awesome accomplishment.
  • Huge congrats!
  • congrats Julia, forgot that in my last post

I think what is important is to find the cut that works best for you.
  • Quote: congrats Julia, forgot that in my last post

I think what is important is to find the cut that works best for you.
    totally. body types are so different. i look horrible in the flares or even the more widely cut boot cuts. the straight leg have always been best for me. the boyfriend fit ones sit too low on the hip for me and only emphasize my gut, lol.
  • Congrats! I always wondered what I'd look if I was a bit smaller in those jeans. Maybe after I lose some more weight I'll venture into that area
  • Ahh I'm so excited for you!! Congrats!!
  • Congrats, that's awesome!

For those of you in your late thirties, remember BONGO? I have 3 pairs in my closet- sizes 9, 13 and 16. I can't wait to wear them and I so don't care if they are not in because they look great on my body type. I used to love the way Gloria Vanderbilt's fit too. Something to look forward to!
  • Congrats Great when hubby notices too
    My DIL made me buy a pair and I'm short
    they look cute though.....lol
    as long as the top hides my 3baby belly that is.
  • Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!