Just the facts, ma'am

• I've been gaining weight. Too many calories in, not enough calories out.

I don't need an answer why I am gaining, that I do know.

I've increased my speed on the treadmill to 4.0. While at this speed I interchange jogging and walking.

The plus is: My thighs are shrinking, my thighs are shrinking!

That's a good thing.

How can my weight increase on the scale, but my thighs shrink?

HELP!
  • Hmm. The exercise is targeting your thighs and you're losing some inches there?????

But you're clearly not creating a calorie deficit, in fact if you're gaining, you're still creating a calorie overage or surplus - hence the added weight.

Keep up the exercise, add in some strength training and stay within a calorie budget. Watch that scale plummet. Plummet.
  • Hi Bunny, congrats on those thighs! You could be strengthening your thighs on the treadmill, and tightening those muscles. Muscle weighs more than fat, but takes up a lot less space. So your thighs may be trimming down with muscle gain, even though you are gaining body fat elsewhere.

If you checked your body fat previously, you could always check it again and find out how many pounds of fat you've lost, or muscle gained.
  • You said it yourself, too many calories in.
  • Congrats on the increase in the exercise and the loss in the thighs. My guess would be like you said -- too many calories in!