Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #1  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Default Slimquick cleanse?

I was wondering if anyone here has tried it?

I've been doing good with eating better so far, I wanted to do this as well to help jump start it a bit and give me more energy to work out. I've never done a cleanse before, and so far I feel good, I really do feel like a lot as come out (literally as well haha) I've been doing it a couple days now, and I feel really good.

Has anyone else had experience with this?

Has anyone ever done a cleanse before?
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:24 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My personal experience, and the research that I've read, indicates that our bodies, with clean food and exercise and lots of water, cleanse themselves just fine. Cleanse programs themselves range from innocuous (no benefit but no major health concerns) to seriously dangerous (Master Cleanse, for example, which is a ridiculously low number of calories, or products that contain truly dangerous ingredients).

Slimquick contains fiber (which can be obtained naturally through healthy eating, or much cheaper through inexpensive supplementation) and several diuretics (which will cause you to drop water weight, but that water weight will come back immediately as soon as you go off the pills and drink some water). That being said, it doesn't appear to have anything overtly dangerous in it, unless you have health contraindications that would make a diuretic unsafe for you.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:41 PM   #3  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

I agree with what mandalinn said.

For some people, "cleanses" can be a good kick start. Most of us, at the start of a diet, have 5 to 15 pounds of water weight, bloat and other unmentionables hanging around our digestive system. Cleanses can [sometimes] give a good scale-dropping kick-start and give you the motivation to keep it up.

Unfortunately, for other people, the normal <2 pounds per week loss than comes after the drop can be very discouraging.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I've never done a cleanse and can't speak to their effectiveness in weight loss. However, I overheard the owner of my local herb shop telling someone that colon cleanses usually take 30 days, and any quick/week cleanse really does nothing for you.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote