Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 10:45 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone!
Well according to the scale the a.m. I'm down one lb. 138. I so hate gaining and re-losing a million times. I don't know if anyone remembers but today was the end of my 5 lb challenge. Does anyone remember?? Well needless to say I didn't make it. But I would really like another challenge to work for. Anyone want to join me? How about 5 lbs off by Aug 15. That's alittle over 3 weeks away. Any takers?? My eating turned out to be good yesterday. I ended at just a little over 1300 cals and got in 30 minutes of exercise. My brother and his girlfriend are coming over to spend the day and night today so I have to get in my exercise this morning or I won't get it in at all today. So my exercise goal today is 20 minutes.
I'm glad your girls are feeling better Misty. I remember when I had the chicken pox so many years ago. They were so bad. I hope my kids never get it but they probably will someday. How's the fruit diet going?
Speaking of fruit I guess I need to eat mine and then hop on the bike. I have lots to do before my db gets here. Talk to you all later!!
Old 07-30-2002, 12:18 PM   #32  
Searching for Motivation

Good Morning -

Hope everyone's doing well. I am feeling a bit lost right now and maybe some of you can help...

Perhaps you will remember me mentioning that I have a puppy (Ruby) who will be a year next month. We have had her since December and have worked extensively with her on potty training. We have been consistent with a capital "C", have talked to several vets and trainers, had a few trainers come and work with her to break her of her "problem" and all to absolutely no avail.

She does not signal in any way that she needs to go out, so we will take her out every few hours routinely. The majority of the time, she will not go. She just stands there and looks at us and will pace back and forth like she's looking for a spot, but never actually goes. So, we bring her in and place her in the kennel and then take her out again later. (If she goes, then she doesn't get placed in the kennel unless we're not able to watch her.) The trainers told us that putting her in her kennel after *not going* will reinforce rewards if the deed is done, no reward if it's not. It's just not working. She has not done anything since about 10:30 last night. My dh is getting so frustrated with her and she's *his* baby!

Pretty soon, both dds will be in school and I will be looking for a part-time job. No one will be home to let her out during the day unless I can work something out with a neighbor. If she refuses to go in the am like she's been doing, there's sure to be a mess when we return and neither dh nor myself want to deal with that.

2 days ago my dh took her out several times and she did absolutely nothing - even after dinner (which she almost always does). Before bed her took her out and was outside for at least 20 minutes and still nothing. Next morning, he took her out - nothing. Brought her in and for some reason decided to not put her back in kennel (morning coma, I guess) and she went #2 in our laundry room. I am so frustrated I want to CRY! What can we do ladies? The kids love her so much and we don't want to get rid of her but we really don't know what to do anymore. Nothing has worked. It's like she doesn't want to improve.

Oh, I'm sorry for rambling on about this - I know it's detailed and gross. I just really don't know what to do. There are so many websites out there for dogs, that trying to find one that's truly infomative can take all day! Do any of you know of a good chatroom or message board for dogs that I could check out? Thanks for listening to my problem. Sorry I didn't address you all individually - I'm just in too much of a funk right now. Talk to you all soon.
Old 07-30-2002, 01:14 PM   #33  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi Ladies,

Jackie....we really do not have too many fun things planned. His father will be here in a week so we will be spending time with him. But we went and racked our credit card up. Thanks for asking. I was beginning to wonder if anyone else wanted to chat.

We have just really been enjoying our time together. The Navy life is really hard on us. We dont have children and I dont have a lot of friends here. I am involved in Church and vey much into my family. Which this is the closest I have been to them in two years. The Navy has had us move around a lot in the last two years. We were both in dire need of a vacation from the Navy.

Hope all is well with everyone. Sprying, glad to hear you are doing better. How is the weight loss going for ya girlie?

Okay gotta run chickies.

Sinnrah
Old 07-30-2002, 01:48 PM   #34  
One day at a time.

Sassy, I wish that I could help, but I've really told you everything that I can think of ! Some dogs are just dead set against going on demand? You seem to be doing everything that I've done in the past to train mine, so just keep it up if you can bare it! I always talk to mine, so that they will learn what I want them to do, and praise them for doing good! Really make a big deal out if it! That's about all I can tell you, if I can find a web site with some info, I'll let you know! Good luck!!!

Spryng, I'll join you in your challenge! Maybe we can motivate each other to do a good job! I've already done my 30 minute-2 mile walk this morning, so that I could get on with other things! My 7th weigh in is tonight, and I'm ready! (I think?)

Sinnrah, I know what you mean about military life! My Ex. is in the Airforce and wasn't around much when our Ds was small, we had problems so I stayed in the US and they sent him to Japan for a few years. Now he's barely even a part time dad, but Ds loves his step dad and has his love so we're happy. My Dh has been in our life since my Ds was 3 yrs. so he grew up thinking of him as daddy! Let me explain, so nobody thinks badly of me. Ds father left us when Ds was 1 month old, then we tried again but he wasn't ready to grow up and be a dad, so it didn't work? After that he joined the USAF and then we divorced when Ds was about a year old. OK enough of that mess, I hope everyone has a good day, and I'll BBL after my WI !!!

Last edited by mel17; 07-30-2002 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:03 PM   #35  
One day at a time.

Well, I'm back and I bring good news! I lost 2.4 lbs. this week, for a total of 26.4 lbs lost!!!! And I'm only .6 lb. away from my 10% goal !!! I'm so excited, and so motivated right now! But I've gotta go cook dinner, before Dh gets fussy! TTFN
Old 07-31-2002, 11:38 AM   #36  
Searching for Motivation

Good Morning

Mel - what can I say but WOW - congrats! Obviously WW is working wonderfully for you and that 's great! Keep up the good work . How's everything going with the hornets? I appreciate your efforts to help with my puppy. Please don't feel bad, for no on has yet to come up with a lasting solution...sigh......

Sinnrah - glad that you'll be able to spend time with the dh - I could see you really missed him! My dh almost went into the Marines right after highschool, but then luckily (for me, that is ) changed his mind and went to college. I'm sure it must be hard not knowing many people where you're at - but at least there's always we trusty SAHMs!!

Spryng - that fruit diet sounds sooooo good - can you explain a little bit more what you do with it? Do you eat them raw or do you prepare them in some way? Is 1300 calories enough for you per day? It sounds like such a low number - but then again, I'm not real into figuring out all that stuff. Just make sure you're not starving yourself .

Misty - how are the babies? Sounds like the birthday party was a success under the circumstances - what more does she need other than Mommy's arms anyway, right! The good thing is that they got CP now and not later when they're older and will really remember it. My oldest dd was 2 1/2 when she got them from her daycare and I was really upset at first; but then realized that if I could just keep her comfortable, she'd be "ok" and not too itchy. She only had them a bit over a week and didn't seem too bothered by them at all - thank goodness! you keep doing whatever you're doing and one of these days - really soon, I promise - you'll notice that there's no more spots!

As for me, the dog is still an issue - she will be everyday I think. But I can't let her get me so depressed and irritated that I lose sight of everything else I need to do. I might sound crazy, but I'm beginning to wonder if one of those pet psychics could help. Wow! That's how desperate the situation is becoming - I'm looking at sending my dog to a therapist. Stop the insanity! Ok, moving on...

Last night, we went to my in-laws for dinner with my dh's aunt and uncle. It was nice cause we haven't seen them since 95; but they are so soft spoken that I found myself constantly leaning forward to hear them. They probably thought I was wacko! Tonight, they're going out to dinner with my in-laws and then coming here for dessert. Needless to say, I have not a lot, but enough housework to keep me busy for a few hours. The girls want to go swimming and I still need to get my hour of w/o in, soooooooo......I'm gonna scoot. I hope you all have a great day and I'll talk to ya later
Old 07-31-2002, 11:47 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning,Everyone!

Well, I missed pedalling yesterday due to being gone all day @ my friends house. She has a 32' x 16' oval pool, so I spent a lot of the day swimming with her & the kids. Aqua-exercise is supposed to be one of the best exercises for the legs, so hopefully this will make up for my pedalling & then some! Spryng:Count me in on the 5# challenge. I'm not sure if I'm going to reach the 5# mark in three wks., but it sure will give me some incentive during our vacation. Once we get to the "Northwoods", I plan on going grocery shopping & plan on purchasing good food choices, for all members of my family!
FYI about my bike: I don't have the option to work my arms while pedalling, unless I lift the weights that came along with the bike. Most of the time, the weights are left hanging in their racks under the area where I sit. So...
my hands are free to type & I rest the keyboard on the tray that came with the bike. It works out perfectly, as long as I keep a good coordination going. As for me tiring: I have rather muscular legs, so I don't tire quite that fast while working this area of my bod. Now...leg raises & back/ab exercises is totally another subject in it's self! I won't even go there! Tami: Please excuse me for not welcoming you in the first part of my salutation!
I didn't notice your post 'til I scrolled past Spryng's post. Congratulations on losing 9#, how awesome!! I like the approach you're taking by not looking at the "big picture" & focusing instead on how your clothes fit. Once I get to the l0# loss mark, is usually when I start having fashion shows in my bedroom/closet area,if you know what I mean! As far as my weight battle goes-I've been dealing with this my entire adult life too & it actually goes way back to my pre-teen years too! I started my first diet when I was in the 7th grade. As for your pedalling: It's good to see another biker here! Hmmn...maybe we should get a miles pedalled challenge going, huh? Please feel free to post whenever you find the time. I look forward to getting to know you better. Mel: Congratulations on the 26.4# loss!! You sure are an inspiration to us! I really have to give my weighloss thingy some serious thougt!
All I have to do is put my swimsuit on & I start feeling really guilty! Well, next week I'll be living in it if the weather cooperates. This s/b some incentive for me. So...you have your nephew living with you now too! He is so lucky to have an Aunt like you to help raise him! And to be able to enjoy your camper & lake with you, oh...the memories he will cherish with the time spent with your family! As for your headaches: Are you sure your drinking enough water? With the added benefit of exercise to your lifestyle, you definitely need more than 6-8 glasses of water to your diet.
Also, just being out in the hot summer weather is another dehydration factor. I read somewhere that for every 20 min. of exercise, you need an additional glass or 2 of water. And for being out in the sun: Add several more glasses of water p/hr. to your day! So...if I were you, I'd try to at least get in a gallon of water p/day. Stay away from the coke/coffee & other caffeine related products, as these tend to dehydrate you too! Hopefully this will help ease your headaches somewhat. Misty: Thanks for the WB & for missing me. It feels so "special" to be missed! Glad to hear that you found the tea. Did you find it at the Wal-Mart Super Center? I just love that store! As far as the pox go: If you don't come down with them in the next week or so, you s/b safe. I sure hope that you don't have to deal with them at your age! Ginny: Thanks for popping in for a visit & your apologies are accepted with not addressing us all personally. I know how time-consuming this c/b. Oh!, by the way...you haven't mentioned your 16 y/o moodiness lately. How's it going? Hopefully you are enjoying part of the summer with her. Sassy: About your puppy: It's been a long time since I had a dog in the house, but do you take her anywhere near where she can pick up another dogs scent? I remember oh so well, how often my dogs would "tinkle" just as soon as they picked up another dogs scent! I used to laugh when one of my dogs would try so hard to squeeze out another drop,just to mark it's territory! I hope this info could help you out a bit.Sinnrah: I hope you're enjoying the time off with your DH. Hopefully your FIL's visit will be a pleasant one for you & your DH. So...how long has your DH been in the Navy? How long 'til retirement? It's great to have church friends to fill in the void when your DH is gone, just as long as the church members don't over-burden you with too much volunteering! I used to be at the "overwhelmed" state with volunteering between the church & school functions & just last year I promised DH not to help out on a regular basis anymore. It was hard to say no at first-but they got the picture & pretty much have left me alone now. I still help out occaisionally. Well ladies, my kiddies are all awake now & want breakfast,so I'd better sign off for now. TTFN!!

Last edited by Freckles; 07-31-2002 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:06 PM   #38  
burned out bus driver

Hiya!
I just stopped in to say hello. Dd is here with her Bf and I had better get upstairs to see what they are up to. I will print out the posts and read them later. Hopefully get back on later too.
No walk today yet- but my eating has been really good. See ya later!!!!!! Oh, and I will go ahead and start a new thread. See ya there!
Ginny
Old 07-31-2002, 02:50 PM   #39  
One day at a time.

Hi ladies!

Really moving this morning, and feel so great for doing it! I guess knowing that I'm almost at my 10% has really put me in high gear, cause I've already walked 1 1/2 miles on my treadmill, and I did my 2 mile WATP tape. Wow, can you believe I did 3 1/2 miles already, and in one day! I'm stunned at what energy I have, I feel like I could do it all over again!

Sassy, Thank you, and I'd have to agree, I love the whole WW plan! As for the hornets, Dh stayed out for a while last night spraying more poison, and when they would fly out of the holes he was just stomping on them! He's determined to get them, one way or another!

Jackie, Thank you, and you are so sweet to say that about DN. He's enjoying his visit so far, and I just informed him that he's getting his own hamster. A friend is giving us thiers cause it's neglected. He's so excited, the only pet he's had is a family dog, so he's really looking forward to it! I'm lucky too, because Ds and Dn get along really well together, so I don't have to worry much about fussy boys. I'm concerned about how they'll be in school though, because they do get a little hyper every now and then? Funny thing is , a few people have mistaken them for twins because they really do look alot alike! Only 4 months age difference between them, and they are close too, like brothers! It's going to be good for Ds, cause he gets tired of being alone at home, with nobody to play with(built in play mate!).
I have been drinking my water, but I'm still trying to gradually increase it everyday! I'm suppose to drink 100 oz. per day anyway, because of my bad kidneys. I've been getting between 60 - 80 oz. which isn't bad, but I know it's still not enough. I'll keep working on getting more water, but I don't really drink soda or coffee, maybe once or twice a month!

Well, I've got a couple of chores to do, so I'll catch y'all later!

Have a good day!

Last edited by mel17; 07-31-2002 at 02:53 PM.
Closed Thread