Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

No, not about perfection. If I am moving towards health 95% of the time, I am still doing exceptionally well. We are all human and therefore, no part of us will be perfect. If I decide I am going to be, well that sets me up for disaster.

DC Hound & RR = SPOT ON

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 10-13-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #17  

Height: 5'11"

It's interesting. At first, my "best" was just trying as hard as I could to not eat junk like potato chips and candy. That really was the best I felt I could do for awhile. But I agree with others; if I had just stayed at that level then I doubt I would be 50 lbs down. As I got stronger and more confident, I had to branch out. When I started running, I did it on the track because I didn't want anyone to see me and snicker. But I finally realized that I needed to go on the street, and I was just going to have to get over myself.

Consistency is the key. I am consistent with food (more so the last couple of weeks), not so much with exercise as I have let that one slip over the past week. I keep track of my food daily in The Daily Plate, and I log my weight daily in a spread sheet. I have a daily graph and a weekly graph. I started this in January and don't know if I'll ever stop because I feel it keeps me on track.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I like this line ... moving towards health 95% of the time
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #19  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Sean Connery aside, really one of the key things for me, which may or may not fall under the heading of consistency, was not to throw a whole day/week/month etc. away if I slipped up. I don't slip up often, but yeah it does happen. When I was on Atkins before, if a carb touched my lips, I'd consider the whole day shot to heck and gobble down all the carbs I could before getting back on track. Until the one time (circa 7/4/2003) I didn't get back on track...and gained it all back and then some in the space of six months.

Even before I found 3FC and read all the collected wisdom on this board, I vowed this time, if I made a slip, I'd jump right back on board with the next thing I put in my mouth. No "free days." It's just too dangerous, for me.

Well, maybe that is a type of consistency.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:36 PM   #20  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
But it's not about perfection (whatever the H that is).

And your best can get better as you learn and grow????
No, it's not about perfection. There's no need to strive for it, as it's not attainable.

Yes, exactly on line #2. Your best gets BETTER. You push yourself and push yourself and suddenly what was once impossible becomes possible! Aim low, you get low. Aim high, you get high. Ask any successful athlete, any successful business person, any successful - anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
From one of my favorite Nicolas Cage movies, The Rock (from memory, any errors are mine):

"'I'll try my best.' Your best? Your best?? Losers always whinge about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen." -Sean Connery

I think that about sums it up Robin.
Cute. And I was always a sucker for Sean Connery.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #21  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

How do you feel about your level of consistency?
I am very pleased with my current levels. Currently, my blood glucose range is between 70 and 100. I rarely get a reading at or above 100 anymore. My weight loss is progressing nicely. Even with the increase in calories and protein, I am still shedding weight.
How do you monitor how consistent you've been?
I keep a meticulous journal. I test my blood at least 6 times a day and see my dietitian for weekly weigh-ins. I also record my daily exercise routines for my personal trainer to review.
How do you feel about your answers to those questions?
I feel very positive about my answers.
What's your interpretation of consistency?
Stay the course and walk the line. Will I have setbacks? Yes, I am only human. The key is to make the momentary lapse an anomaly. Can I do better? Yes, today's best was yesterday's goal.

"Do or do not... there is no try." - Yoda
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

[QUOTE=rockinrobin;2968692]
Yes, exactly on line #2. Your best gets BETTER. You push yourself and push yourself and suddenly what was once impossible becomes possible! Aim low, you get low. Aim high, you get high. Ask any successful athlete, any successful business person, any successful - anything.

You are one smart Chick!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote