Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Default frustrated and tired

So I have not been doing that great for the last few weeks. If I'm really honest I can track it back to my anniversary which is really funny because I actually did really good on our mini vacation but it is actually coming home that has been the issue.

Biggest changes:

I used to stay within a certain calorie range but I didn't pre-plan. Just kept track during the day and knew when to substitute or stop.

Now I am preplanning with whole foods (very little or no processed foods) and I am eating when I am supposed to....no skipped meals.

This change was very on purpose because I was at a plateau and I needed to get smarter about my eating. However, a drawback is it doesn't leave any room for the spontaneous changes to my schedule, i.e. lunch out with a client or vendor, or getting together with friends for a social event. So then I just say...to **** with it and I eat whatever.

NEXT:

I got sick a few weeks ago and we hit deep fall/early winter here. My sleep schedule is so messed up. I used to get up early ( for me that is 6:30-7:00) take an hour to drink coffee and wake up (answering email, inputing food into my journal, answering posts and updating challenges, downloading my GWF) Then I would go running and then get ready for my appts and get to work. Now I am having a real issue getting up. It is dark until about 8:30. Which makes it worse. And I haven't had clothing for running in the cold ...which I am fixing tomorrow (finally have the money).

I need some support, ideas, accountability, etc. I'm losing my motivation and I really want summer to come back.
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

Candice, I have trouble with the weather change, too. I'm wondering about your comment that it's dark till 8:30; it's lighter here considerably earlier so I am guessing you guys have done the time change already in Idaho? At any rate, it wouldn't matter to me because exercise in the morning? Ain't happening for me! LOL. I usually go after work but unless I leave to run almost immediately when I get home, it's now too dark about halfway through my run. I can't see very well in the dark and I don't want to get hit by a car.

My solution is going to be re-upping my gym membership. I canceled it last year but I think it's time to get it back. I can go after work, run on a safe treadmill where it's light outside, and be around other people to help combat my issues with the darkness this time of year.

I can sympathise. I want summer back, too; unfortunately, we are girls in the north and we have a long, dark, gloomy few months ahead of us. Booooo!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #3  

I also completely sympathize with the schedule changes the fall/winter advent has caused. Over the summer, I would wake up at 6:00 AM, go jogging, eat, shower, and go to work by 8:00 AM. Now I'm back in college and it's getting considerably colder, I'd consider it lucky if I'm even out of bed by 7:45 AM! My roommate and I keep our curtains closed all the time because our room is located near a high-traffic-ish kind of area and we like to keep our privacy, so I never know when the sun is up or what the weather is like from my bed, and consequentially, I have trouble getting up in the mornings to exercise like I did over the summer. Plus, the cold weather isn't too inviting either. (For some reason, cold weather just makes me sleepy!)

I suppose we can both try harder to sleep earlier so we can get up earlier (and feel awake and refreshed) and at least exercise indoors if we don't feel like going out in the cold. Setting multiple alarms would probably help, too.

AHH! We can do this! (:
Procrastinating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #4  

Well our bedroom is on the wrong side of the house. In there it is literally dark until 8-8:30. But its actually dark till about 8:00. We haven't changed time yet but we are at the very edge of the time zone.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:49 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinating View Post
I also completely sympathize with the schedule changes the fall/winter advent has caused. Over the summer, I would wake up at 6:00 AM, go jogging, eat, shower, and go to work by 8:00 AM. Now I'm back in college and it's getting considerably colder, I'd consider it lucky if I'm even out of bed by 7:45 AM! My roommate and I keep our curtains closed all the time because our room is located near a high-traffic-ish kind of area and we like to keep our privacy, so I never know when the sun is up or what the weather is like from my bed, and consequentially, I have trouble getting up in the mornings to exercise like I did over the summer. Plus, the cold weather isn't too inviting either. (For some reason, cold weather just makes me sleepy!)

I suppose we can both try harder to sleep earlier so we can get up earlier (and feel awake and refreshed) and at least exercise indoors if we don't feel like going out in the cold. Setting multiple alarms would probably help, too.

AHH! We can do this! (:

Yes exactly!!! I used to wake up without an alarm before 7:00am. Now depending on my schedule I have trouble getting up before 8:30. It sucks. I feel like I don't have control any more.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #6  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I am finding the same issues. I am hoping when the time does fall back it might help!!!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #7  

Has anyone tried those sunrise alarm clocks. I kind of want one but they are rather expensive for something that might not work.