3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I'm not sure I can do this again... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/183554-im-not-sure-i-can-do-again.html)

Runundefined 10-06-2009 02:16 PM

I'm not sure I can do this again...

Well I have gained 20# back. I was doing so good.

It's been way to long since I posted and I REALLY need some support!!

I am not sure I can do this again. It's just getting so freaking OLD! (and so am I).

I was not even close to my goal to begin with but I had almost lost 50#.

Seriously part of my just wants to damn well just live my life and stop wanting to be thin.

It's almost like I have two personalities. One “Me” is extremely health conscious and highly motivated to do this and the other “Me” is an indulgent self acclaimed foodie that once compared all the tiramisu in our city by going to each and every Italian restaurant over the course of a year just to proclaim a winner.

How can I do this again? :?: I just feel defeated.

forestroad 10-06-2009 02:27 PM

You definitely can do this again, if you choose to and commit to doing it. Everyone on here knows what that is like, and I imagine the 40-somethings forum would be especially helpful. Good luck!

rockinrobin 10-06-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisnotatest (Post 2959083)

For me, being a healthy foodie is one and the same. I find the meals I make for myself are of such high quality beautiful ingredients that I am often annoyed to eat in a restaurant and have to lwer my standards (and I live in nyc!-no shortage of dining out here)

Focus on being a foodie, be the biggest food snob out there. Only let the purest and best pass your lips.

I was thinking this same exact thing. Exactly - right down to dining out. It drives me nuts. I am always so disappointed. I think how I could have done it better and at less calories to boot.

I am a bigger foodie now then I was before. No doubt about it. My palette is way more discerning and particular now. I am eating phenomenal tasting foods. I entertain like crazy and my guests go wild for my cooking, as does my family on a regular basis. We CONSTANTLY talk about how crazy ridiculous fantastic the food that we're eating is.

I no longer settle for foods that just taste good - nope. They have to taste good and are good FOR ME. And my tastes HAVE changed. What I thought was good, tasty food before - wasn't.

Quote:

Seriously part of my just wants to damn well just live my life and stop wanting to be thin.
How do you want to live that life? Settling for second best when first is well within your reach? Settling for *good enough* when you can have GREAT? Waiting for totally unavoidable deadly diseases to come about? Having a reduced quality of life?

Can you do this again? Of course you can. If you really, really want to, that is. You can't have it both ways. The high calorie/high quantity food and to be a trim, fit & healthy person. It just can't be. You've got to decide which is more valuable to you - *the food* or that slim, trim, all that you can be health minded person, living life to the fullest.

You CAN do this. You really, really can. You've got the power and the capabilities to make it happen. And this much I can tell you - as I've been on both sides - without a doubt, life is waaaaaaaaaay more enjoyable being that fit, trim and health minded person. I know you would not regret getting to and being a healthy weight. Not for a single, solitary second. It's better then I dreamed of. And boy did I dream.

Not only can you do this, but you should. You really, really should. Why wouldn't you???

momto3kittiess 10-06-2009 05:31 PM

You CAN do it!! You have tons of support right here at the forums!!! Good luck!!

Runundefined 10-07-2009 12:23 PM

Thank you everyone!
It's a better morning for me.

rockin'robin,
do you have your story anywhere? I would sure love to read it.
Talk about inspiration.

HungryHungryHippo 10-07-2009 12:47 PM

I feel what you're saying. But ThisIsNotATest made a really good point: We only THINK we'd be going back to the weight we were at before. What usually happens is that sinking feeling of seeing it pass, and not being able to stop.