Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 04:51 PM   #16  

hi everyone,

I just got home from running a few errands and it was warm when I left but when I walked out of the grocery store, it about took my breath away. It is way to humid for me. I was going to go out and put some feed in the bird feeder but I'm having second thoughts about going out there even for just a few minutes. Poor birdies. They are probably to hot to eat anyway.

I think I lost my mind early this morning while watching the shopping channel. I ordered a pair of sandals that cost $99, Yikes!!!! I won't reveal to dh how much they cost. They are Birkenstocks and those are the only sandals I can find that have the kind of arch support I need. I've been looking and trying on sandals for about 6 weeks now and I just can't find any I like that fit me right or have a good arch support. I keep telling myself that Birkies last forever and I'll get my moneys worth out of them. I've got one pair I've been wearing for 4 years now and they are in very good shape. The thing I like about Birkies is that the foot bed will form into your own orthodic after awhile. Some of the birkies are downright ugly but they are coming out with some really cute styles anymore. I'm not going to think about the cost tho.

Marlana, it feels like its over 100 degrees today. I'm not a winter person but I perfer a mild winter to a hot and humid summer. Hopefully you won't have to spend all your time entertaining your MIL, especially with having little kids there. Did you read my post where I said I may have found an insurance? I've got my fingers crossed anyway. If everything can be switched in time, I plan to write Nationwide and cancel on them before they cancel us, the jerks.

Kina, welcome to the group. The postings have been a little slow lately, everyone is busy now that summer is here. How do you find time for everything. Do you ever get to sit down or even sleep? It sounds like you are doing really good with your plan. I tried Slim Fast for awhile, but after about a week, I started getting nauseated after I'd have a shake. I'm not following a plan right now but keep trying to start. I think I'm going to have to start exercising first to get me on track again. Gosh, if thats an eliptical machine your mom bought for $35 she got a great deal. I can never find deals like that. I'm always behind the person who finds them and theres no more left. Anyway, welcome, we are so glad you are here.

Well, I'm going to scoot on out of here and put on some cooler clothes and get a load of laundry going. Take care everyone.
Old 07-28-2002, 10:07 PM   #17  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hello to everyone. Well we just got back from mom & dad's. I saw her new garage sale find. Wow it is an elliptical machine. I had never been on one before. But I had heard of their results for a while. I had been wanting to invest in one. But they are so much plus I don't have the room here at the house.

I got on it and it was nice. I could hardly stand 10 min on it but I did it. Man I wish mom didn't live so far away. It is a 30 min drive to me that is far especially when I have to rush back to greet the kids after school. Then I will start working soon. Well I hope to feel those 10 min tomorrow I doubt but one can dream. I will be doing my workout tonight. Probably the yoga.

JoJo...I don't know how I do it all but I do it. There are times when I have to sit down and take a breath (just one) and just regroup. I am very blessed and I think that is what gives me the strength. There are som days that, girl, I just don't want to talk to anybody. That is when i know I need my time with my yoga DVD. LOL. That or a chocolate bar. Just kidding I haven't had any chocolate since my little ones 6th birthday on the 3rd of July. I think alot has to do with the fact that my children are older and very helpful. My husband is a truckdriver so depending on him is unrealistic. But I can always depend on him for moral support. Whenever the semester gets to the point where I am feeling overwhelmed he is there to give a helping hand or give me that focus. He can't take the load off my back but what he does is for me is much appreciated. I am crossing my fingers that work will be calling me in to get started for the season. I can't wait.

Well I am out of here. Thanks for allowing me into your virtual family. Kina
Old 07-29-2002, 06:09 AM   #18  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Morning Ladies~~I thought I would be through with grand kids this morning, but instead I'm getting them this morning until tomorrow. My kids just can't get their plans together and go through with them. MIL did not spend the night after I broke my butt trying to get the house all in order. Even put the new really nice sheets on my big ol king size bed for her. She said she would be here at 1:30 but showed up at 11:30. grrrrrrrrrr I was still cleaning. I just quit and said to H#** with it all. Frankly I was glad she went home. Now if I could just get out of this grand child mode I would feel better. But never the less I'm getting back on a food plan TODAY!!!!

Kina~~Hey that is great you got the exercise thingie you had wanted in the first place. I don't go to garage sales much anymore, but I love to go to them. Don't know why I don't go. Well I do know, I have everything I can fit in this house. I hope the new machine works out really well, and helps you meet you weigh loss goal. I'm hoping to join you in the chase to lose the extra pounds. Your doing great just keep on keeping on.

Jo Jo~~I couldn't believe it when I got up at 3:00 AM it is raining. Boy do we need that, we've got cracks in the ground a inch wide. I was watering the house yesterday. Yeap...watering the house. We have a rock house and the ground cracks away from the foundation and if I don't water it the rocks can crack. Well I agree with you girlfriend you've lost you ever lovin mind. Sandals for 99.00! In my dreams. They must be really good ones. I thank the fact that the kids was going to be here is what sent MIL home. Ha Ha Kids didn't come.

Guess that's it for today. It's 5:00 AM and I have 5 hours before kids gets here. You all have a great day.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:38 PM   #19  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Well good news, at 4:15 last Friday afternoon I got a call and I’ve had a ‘stay of execution’ and my semi-retirement is on hold till after the first of the year. That’s right ladies I’m moving over to our Packaging Resources Group and will be covering for someone going on maternity leave plus doing some additional analytical work, same salary and benefits. My current boss told me to get up there, do a great job and you never know what may happen. I’m just grateful to be working, as the employment picture here in the Richmond, VA area is not good.

Food is still not good, but getting better at least I’ve been doing a little exercise. Well I’ll be out of the loop till August 5th. I’m going to the Longaberger Conference first thing tomorrow AM till late Saturday or early Sunday. Have a good week and I see you from my ‘new’ job!

Mb
Old 07-29-2002, 09:10 PM   #20  

Hello everyone. I know some of the people here and others are new. I was a part of this board at the end of last year and have been gone for many months. I have missed coming here.

First, I want to thank you for all of your support when I was here. I was picked up when I was down and helped oalong when I needed it most. Someone mentioned a website for weight lifting and I went to it because I used to lift and loved it.

I found the reason for my lack of weight loss. It was my diet. I switched from low fat to low carbohydrate and it has given me much success! Thank you whoever it was that led me to this WOL!

I would love to get reaquainted with all of you if you all don't mind. I still need support, even if my goal is 20-25 lbs. away.

I am so grateful for this board!

Thanks! Amber
Old 07-30-2002, 09:30 AM   #21  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Welcome back Amber. I am new to this thread as well. The people are very nice.

Wow let me congratulate you now on you weight loss. I find it a bit discouraging but encouraging all at the same time. Why? Well you and I were weighing abou the same back in September 2001 and look at your current weight. I can't say the same for myself. What am I doing wrong? Better yet what should I be doing? How did you do it? I must know. I thought I was doing so well. But you know I would love any tidbits to improve the weightloss. Here I am hoping to be at 150 by next April and you only pounds away from that. My goodness. Let me know what I can do.

Hello to everyone. I started back to work yesterday and I am aching all over. I thought with all the exercising I have been doing it would be a snap. NOPE! It wasn't very bad. But this morning I am feeling like I was lifting weights all evening.

Marlana I wish I could say it was my exercise machine. It's my mom's but I have access to it if I just ask. But my mom lives 30 min away and that to me seems so far. Well now that i am working there is just no way that I will get out there maybe on the weekends if I am lucky.

Well the kids are already at school so now is my chance to get a little more sleep before going in this afternoon. Talk more later. Thanks for your support. Wishing you all a wonderful day full SMILES.
corina
Old 07-30-2002, 01:06 PM   #22  

Thank you Kina for the welcome back! I have to say, I was about where you were in about February. I stayed under 15 grams of fat a day and exercised 6 days a week for anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours! I had about had it. I actually gained weight back after being particularly good for 4 weeks. Not a single cheat! When I weighed myself I had gained four pounds! I wasn't near TOM either! I was about to buy my first "You are beautiful no matter what" book when someone told me about Krist Smash. It's a women's bodybuilding site that promotes Low Carbohydrate lifestyle. Just as I was looking into it, my mom came to me with great news that she had lost 12 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Now what would you think? Yep, fad diet, "mom, you're gonna kill yourself!" She says, "Read the book." Well, I did. I also did research on it medically. It is safe and it works. So, I figured I didn't have anything to lose, except weight, but I didn't think it would happen, although I really related to the symptoms of insulin resistance. I gave it a shot for two weeks.

I had a headache for two days (caffeine withdrawl) and was a bit sick to my stomach for a couple of days, but on the fourth day, it was like I rolled back the clock ten years! I had energy, even after my weight training in the afternoon. My aches were gone, and for the first time in years, I didn't have to sleep almost upright because my heartburn was gone!

Anyway, I've very steadily lost with this lifestyle. I had on week when I gained a pound. It was during TOM and it went away after the week was done. I think this works for me because my family has a history of heart disease and diabetes. Carbs aggravate these greatly. And the best part of the whole thing is the fact that I have NO cravings and I have to remind myself to eat or I'll forget! Oops, it's two o'clock already! I'd better eat something before I weight train! Stuff like that.

I'm sorry this is so long and it sounds like a commercial. I have gone crazy with it! I love being a success story finally after so many failures! I feel like those women who did so well on the WW and Jenny Craig commercials! I have told a lot of people about Low Carb when they're frustrated about the lack of weight loss in their diet. I think everyone has a specific way they can lose weight. Mine just involves less carbs, more protein and much more fat.

O.K. that's it. I'm done and I'm getting of the stage before you throw vegetables at me. Wait....that's a good thing......Mmmmmmmmm.......gimme broccoli!

Bye! Amber
Old 07-30-2002, 08:56 PM   #23  

Hi!!!!

Well, not much is going on here. I'm just waiting for Big Brother to start. Our cable co added some more channels and switched all the others around so now it takes forever trying to remember the new ones.

I just had a call from I think it was Ameritech. The guy was trying to get me sign up for their DSL internet but I said no it was to expensive but then he said that they've lowered the price to $29 a month. I may just have to go for that. Everyone I know who has dsl loves it. I'll have to think about it for awhile. Plus I wonder if the lowered price is permananent or just a short time offer.

Hi Amber, yep I remember you. Sounds like you've done really good with your weight loss. I'm still not on a plan and I need to be so badly but I've just had a hard time getting myself going. I am such a carb addict that I think I'd have a really hard time following a low or no carb plan. I tried to follow atkins for awhile and I just didn't think I could do without the carbs. A friend at work lost a whole lot of weight on Atkins and she swears by it. I will say I think the fact you are doing the weight training is great. People always say that muscle weighs more but a pound is a pound no matter what. Muscle is smaller and more compact where fat is bigger (and lumpier). People might see the scale go up a big with the weight training but they don't realize that as your building muscle, you are burning the fat faster and you are becoming more compact. I know all this but yet I'm not doing it. I need a swift kick to get me going.

Kina, is yoga hard to do with extra weight on you? I had one tape, a very basic beginners tape, but I had the worst time. Which one are you using? If anything, I could use it for some relaxation and maybe it would help me sleep better at night. I'm glad your hubby is there to help you out as often as he can. My hubby wanted to be a truck driver but I just didn't want a life where he was on the road all the time. I'd worry to much for one thing.

Marlana, yesterday we had rain all around us but it just stayed away from us. We did get a little bit last week which help to green up the grass a bit. That was nice of your mil to not spend the night. Are the kiddies gone yet? Sounds like you need a couple days to just chill out for awhile.

Marybeth, thats great you got a reprieve at your work. Even if its doing something else, your still there. Congrats. I know that is a big load off your mind. It sounds like they picked you for a reason and feel that you are capable of doing the work.

Well, I'm going to get going now. Take care everyone.
Old 07-30-2002, 10:30 PM   #24  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey Everyone

We picked two grandkids up from Orlando on Saturday and have not had a minutes rest since. We are all enjoying vacation bible school though. I help in the kitchen each day fixing lunch. The husbands or everyone that is working also show up for lunch each day. We are all really having a good time.

Marlana~I have discovered that the mornings are easy. The kids get right up and get dressed. It the evening hours when they get a little bored or are just wired up, that get a little tense for me. I am used to a lot of peace and quite instead of two kids horsing around and making a lot of noise. They always seem to end up fighting too. The chocolate french fries were in with the rest of the frozen french fries at the store. I didn't look at them close because it sounded terrible. They also had sour cream and chive french fries that didn't sound too bad.

JoJo~I looked at those gingers again and thought of the time when I first moved down here and they do look tropical. I love seeing things that I take for granted like someone else sees it for the first time. It makes life so much more rewarding and enjoyable. The picture that I am going to attach is not the best and the color isn't right but it is close. I'll attach the lavender ones the next time that I post. I'm glad that you have found a better insurance company.

Kina~Welcome to the group. We are always glad to get to know new people. I haven't been very successful at losing weight but I sure have made some good friends here. You sound like you are a very busy lady with a good plan. I hope that you are successful and we can all help each other. I also noticed that you are from Texas, I'll bet it is hot there too. I have a brother in Dallas.

Marybeth~Congratulations on the chance to prove your value to that company. They are sure to discover that you are needed permanently. You go girl Have a good time at your conference.

Amber~Welcome back. I remember when you were here before and am glad to find you back with us. You have done just great with your weight loss. Makes me feel a little ashamed that I am not doing any better than I was back then. Please don't apologize for a long post or talking about your food plan, we love that kind of post when it has been so successful. That is the whole purpose of this board.

I started writing this post this afternoon and just got back to finish it and it is now bedtime. That's one of the biggest changes that these two grandkids have made here; there is now a bedtime. There is also a timeout. Anyhow, I am totally exhausted and can't wait to get to bed. Y'all have a great week and pray for me to make it through this week.

Last edited by Skeeter2; 07-30-2002 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:23 AM   #25  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Morning Girls~~It's early in the morning and I decided to get my day started right and get myself in here and proclaim that I'm starting a new life today. After having 4 kids for a week I feel like I have a pretty darn good life, but I have a few adjustments I need to make to it in order to be a little happier. A little structure is what I need. Today I will have priorities.

Marybeth~~I'm so glad that you get to stay on with your job. But for God's sake couldn't they have told you months ago. It's as if your small little life doesn't deserve any respect at all. If you ask me that was a really bad way to handle it. They could have told you months ago and saved you a lot of stress. I have no use for the big shots in company's. Maybe like myself, now that the stress has let up you can find your way back to a good food plan.

Amber~~I remember you. We have a lot of people that come in and join and never come back. I don't know why..maybe they don't like us after all, maybe they found out that they still have to stop eating to lose weight, or maybe like myself they just can't find their way back. Anyway, Welcome back! I hear you when you talk about carbohydrates. Your coming back in here just may be such a blessing to me. It reminded me of how I got started losing weight before. I got out of the carbs. Today I start with no carbs for breakfast, and just controlling them the rest of the day, cutting way back on them. I know they are a problem for me. Thanks for coming back, you've given me hope again. I wasn't the one that gave you the link to the site that got you going in the right direction, but would you mind sharing it with the rest of us???

Jo Jo~~I'm glad to report not near as much going on here this morning either. I do have tons of work to do and grocery's to buy, and now that I thank about it I have a full day. I had a really clean house before the kids got here, it looks like a storm come through it now. I also had their dog, yep, don't what happened to me that I let that dog come here. Although I must say it is such a nice little dog for kids. It's not highper ( that is spelled wrong) I can't stand dogs that can't be still. Anyway it's got a mess made out of my back porch, well mostly it was the kids that made a mess. I would love to have DSL, but I only pay 9.95 a month for a great ISP, can't afford 29.00.

Skeeter~~I was shocked to see you had been here. Girlfriend, my kids are gone and I feel like I've been let out of jail camp. All I can tell you is just keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel. You know I was just thanking I need to send you a letter, but I also feel like I want to go back to bed. I haven't tried out half the things on this puter, I'm going to try the recorder this morning. I've got to go to town today and my hair has got to go, it's driving me nuts. I can't seem to get anyone to cut it short enough. I just read your post. It's the horsing around that just drive me up the wall. Brett was so wired up last night before they come to get them. Bobby went to bed at 7 and there wasn't any way in H#** I could keep him quite. We are like you and your hubby, just us all the time and quite.

Kina~~Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood about the machine. I thought she had picked it up for you. I guess I was thanking about myself if I had found one at a garage sale, I might have bought it for someone else but not me. I hope having to go back to work wasn't a big disappointment for you. Some women like to have an outside job and some don't. I DON'T AND HAVEN'T MOST OF MY LIFE. But believe me I had plenty to do at home to keep me busy. I don't know how we would have kept this place going if I had of had a job outside the home.

Going back to bed now....Have a good one girls.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:28 AM   #26  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Girls I just noticed that this thread if full, I'm starting 148, see you there.
Marlana
Closed Thread