Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #16  
ladypeanutj

S/C/G: 273/211/140

Height: 5'2"

See if your town has a "freecycle" network. Ours does and there are people giving away exercise equipment all of the time. It can be a bit daunting but you can get some pretty nice equipment for free which is great if you can only exercise at home. Which with kids is probably the case. Just do a search for freecycle on google and it will come right up.

Obstacles are obstacles. Life is going to continue to happen no matter what we have planned. Just don't quit. Some days are going to be easy some days aren't. If it was easy nobody would be here
ladypeanutj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #17  

Thanks for the advice...... For those of you that suggested a snack to take with me I actually had one . The bigger problem was remember how I said alot of the exits were closed around the hospital? This is a HUGE university hospital in a city where I DO NOT live. I got lost on campus which is quite aways from the hospital and there was TONS of traffic. My Dr. is the type that if you don't make it on time he doesn't see you. The snack I had with me was an orange and a sugar free jello. Of course my water was there too. I had packed it with the intention to eat it BEFORE I went in. By the time I had gotten into the garage which was nearly full I only had 5 minutes to get clear across the hospital and to his office. I was so flustered and in a hurry I didn't grab it to take in with me. By the time I was out my jello was water, and I was ina hurry to get my kids frfom a sitter who didnt expect my dr to be running behind 2 by 2 hours either. Couldn't peel the orange in the van in the traffic (and whenI say traffic I mean thousands of cars bumper to bumper. (I was in a large city and I don't like traffic as it is) Having said that, I kinda felt that some of the replies I read were implying fault, or lack of planning, or poor choices on my part which were not the case. I DID plan, I DID try, and I DID fail. I'm ok with it today....... I WILL try to push on. I didn't work out yesterday and I am OK with that because I DID survive another 1200 calorie diet day. Today I slept in and took it easy. I will work out this evening and life will go on....... I Just needed someone to say I could get past it. I guess I just needed to rest on it. Thanks all!!!
princessplusthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #18  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Like another poster said, the first few weeks are the hardest.

The obstacles were always there, its just life. The only difference now is that you view eating chinese food as a bad thing, instead of just viewing it as dinner. Life hasn't changed, your outlook just has. It's a GOOD thing. One bad day won't kill you, just get back on track! You also don't need equipment to exercise, get outside and take a walk, there are always options.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #19  
on a journey

i've been getting more exercise by just doing more around the house. i'm on the go constantly.

i hope you get settled in and get a schedule down. Wishing you the best. And we all have days like those, trust me.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 09-26-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #20  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 289/271/180

Height: 5'6

Hang in there. I have those days too.
Hugz~jamie
Jamiekins is offline   Reply With Quote