Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Red face Good Lord I Wonder If It Will EVER Happen for me...UGH UGH UGH :?:

Ok I have all the knowledge (well you know what I mean), been on and off here for years now....here I am same freakin weight, feeling like crap about myself....so terribly down, have had some horrible circumstances in my life over the past few years you name it....

However, got a wonderful new workout partner. We started yesterday, walked two miles. She is my inspiration. She is yea well enough to make all us strugglers sick, 43 yrs old and a body of a 20 yr old. She never judges or criticizes me. Today will be day two.

I'm excited and yet a little scared......what will make this time different. Crazy I'm strong in every part of my life but this.....A battle never conquered..

Any encouragement would be appreciated
readytobeme2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

*HUGS* You can totally do this, a new you, a new step toward better health. It is so wonderful you have a workout partner, I hope you two will support each other and lean on each other when you need to...and also give each other the kick you may need from time to time. My boyfriend usually does those "gentle kicks" hehe.

It is great you're excited! I hope you do succeed in your goals!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:59 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well hello there. Good to "see" you again. I am so thrilled that you're back..

Encourgement? You got it.

People ask me all the time how I lost so much weight and I tell them simply, "I DECIDED to." Yup. Sounds simple, but that's what it boiled down to. I made the decision to lose the weight. After being fed up enough, sick and tired enough, worried, miserable, unenergetic, unproductive - enough, I said that was that. And I made the decision to lose the weight. I made the commitment to do what was necessary. I made the commitment to stick with this NO MATTER WHAT. Whether I felt like it or not. That was that.

So therefore I URGE you to make the decision and then the ensuing commitment to "do this", no matter what. And the great part about it is, is that it is indeed a doable thing. For everyone and anyone. So get committed, get a plan in place, get focused, get creative, get moving, get excited, get pumped, get into it, get, get, get.... Don't it NOW. Don't delay. This is the perfect time to do it. Now. This now. Right now!!

I look forward to hearing of your progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #4  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

good luck!! of course you can do it! the power is within yourself!! waiting for you to tap into it!

something that helps me. i once heard jillian michaels talk about. she said that she would say to a contestant. if running for 1 hour on a treadmil meant that you would wake up 100lbs lighter tommorow, would you do it? they always say yes. so she said, every decision you make, every day. every time you exercise, eat healthy , will bring you that one step closer, so one day you WILL wake up 100lbs lighter!
every decision you make, throughout the day and every day , does make a difference.
focus on mini goals. 1 lb at a time. one day at a time.

Last edited by Echo; 09-23-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Weight loss doesn't just HAPPEN to you, you have to make it happen. Don't wait around for it to just happen - make a plan, follow your plan - YOU are in charge, not some nebulous fate. YOU.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! The posters above me have said it all please reread their postings, I would only add that exercise is wonderful but I found I had to had to change my eating habits, too.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #7  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

you CAN do it! not to sound like a motivational speaker, but its all up to YOU. all you have to do is commit yourself. stick with it even if you have a week of gain or a month of plateau. figure out what works for you and just do it!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Man Have I been Missing Alot

I am so thankful to be back. Ok on day two. Power Walked 2 more miles and did resistant training with my friend. I am comfortable with my eating. I really don't over eat truly. I have maintained my "overweight" for years. But no exercise, WHEN i eat (usually late at night) etc... has killed me. Building, toning, and walking I hope to start to see the lbs come off.

I will tell you, I have a wonderful absolutely wonderful blessing of a boyfriend in my life that someday he will be my husband. He loves me so much right where I am. Never said a thing about me, my body etc other than he is totally in love with ALL of me...yea well before you start saying anythingLOLOL for 20yrs I was in a very extreme abusive marriage and took the past two years off for myself to focus on ME inside my character and things I needed to work on, choose to change etc....

By the time he came along I have a very healthy view of our relationship and myself. NOW I want to lose weight FOR ME...not to impress and not to substantiate who I am.

I am sore, but I am very glad. This is just my next step in being introspective and changing this outward part of me. Inward has already been under the "knife" and I am truly now walking out my healing and it is awesome.

How many times I worked my outside first ONLY TO FAIL all the while I was dieing INSIDE thinking my OUTSIDE would fix my INSIDE.....UGH UGH UGH UGH HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

thanks for listening
readytobeme2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Another little quick phrase I have heard from a motivational speaker."If it is to be, it is up to me."
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote