Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/166/139

Height: 5'7"

Default OMG YAY! Pleasant Surprise!

I've been trying very hard to adopt a healthy lifestyle since February of this year. Since then, I've lost 43 pounds, and I'm proud of that.

I don't "cheat", I really don't have the desire to eat unhealthy foods, and I exercise/resistance train at least 4-5x a week.

I've been doing it slower than usual on purpose, with the hopes that this will become a new lifestyle instead of just another "diet" with a goal, and end, and an inevitable return to unhealthy eating habits.

I started doing the P 90 X fitness DVD program last Monday. I love it! I figured it would kick start the weight loss.

No such luck. The scale said 167.8 last Monday. It said 167.8 today. That's down from 170 on 9/2 - good, but considering how HARD I am busting my ***, I'll admit I was a little disappointed.

Last March, I signed up at Physicians Weight Loss Center. I didn't stick with the program because it seemed to be more about "reaching a goal" using very stringent, restrictive diets, rather than learning a new way of life. But, since I paid for the program, I stop in from time to time to use their body composition scale.

I went in today. The scale showed I'd lost 3 pounds. A pound a week is GOOD, but with as much as I am REALLY working my butt off, a little increase in the rate of loss would have been nice!

But here's when the YAY comes in! The body composition report showed I'd lost SIX pounds of fat in the past three weeks. I'd put on 1 pound of lean body mass, and 2 pounds of water.

OMG and YAY! Home scale said 2.2 pounds down - but it was really 6 pounds of fat gone. Woohoo!

Add this to the fact that the really talented salesgirl at WhiteHouse/BlackMarket looked at me in a size 10 pants this past Sunday and said "Wow those look great - do you want to try an 8 or do they feel like they fit?" and I am having a pretty good week I could barely fit into my 16's 7 months ago - actually, I COULDNT fit into my 16's 7 months ago unless they had an elastic waist.

Thank you for listening to my "Yay me" I just had to share with someone who would understand.
SunnyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

YAY YAY for you! Wow, six pounds of fat in the last 3 weeks..that is awesome! Kudos to you!

Keep up the fantastic work!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/168/130

Wow!
Thatīs great... 6 pounds of fat is a LOT.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Iīve been thinking of doing the P90 X, but is it too hard?
Sapitaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapitaa View Post
Wow!
Thatīs great... 6 pounds of fat is a LOT.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Iīve been thinking of doing the P90 X, but is it too hard?
OMG NO, do it!!! Every exercise they do, they have one person on the DVD doing a modified easier version of it, so don't let that discourage you. The motto throughout the DVDs is "Do your best...and forget the rest". They also have a supportive community forum that I'm finding helpful to stay on track. The only really hard part about it is setting aside an hour a day, EVERY day, to do that day's exercise DVD. However, I got through the first 8 days and I am SO proud that I didn't make ANY excuses. I did the hour every day, and if you can commit to that, you will get up to speed.

You dont even need to get dumbells if you dont have them. Every exercise can be done with bands as well. Even the chin-ups! I would highly recommend it
Old 09-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #5  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

Well done. Seeing as you started not too far away from where I did, it's really inspiring for me to read these stories. Hopefully in a few months I'll be posting similar ones.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:41 PM   #6  

Oh I forgot to add - I've been eating between 1500 to 2000 calories most days throughout this time - and still lost the 6 pounds. This exercise stuff works, I guess! :P
Old 09-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiad View Post
Well done. Seeing as you started not too far away from where I did, it's really inspiring for me to read these stories. Hopefully in a few months I'll be posting similar ones.
If you tell yourself you will get there, then you will. I look forward to seeing your own Yay Me posts
Old 09-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up to you! What wonderful inspiration it is to know that it isn't always the numbers on our home scales that we should be worried about. A great reminder to all of us.
YosemiteGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

That's amazing girl! You have done so well
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Fantastic! Congrats
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #11  

Height: 6'1

Wow 6lbs of fat gone, thats amazing! I'm going through something similar myself. I have only lost about 8lbs in the last 1.5 months, but I feel my clothes getting a lot looser. (btw, 8lbs isn't that much on me because I'm 6'1). Anyways, I'm going to get remeasured in a few weeks so even if I don't end up losing more, I hope that I can get similar results as you.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha17a View Post
Wow 6lbs of fat gone, thats amazing! I'm going through something similar myself. I have only lost about 8lbs in the last 1.5 months, but I feel my clothes getting a lot looser. (btw, 8lbs isn't that much on me because I'm 6'1). Anyways, I'm going to get remeasured in a few weeks so even if I don't end up losing more, I hope that I can get similar results as you.
8 pounds in 1.5 months is still great though - that's more than a pound and a half per week, that is great! Fight the good fight and fight the urge to get on the bathroom scale all the time - it lies!
Old 09-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #13  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

A 6-pound fat loss is huge, but a simultaneous gain of 1 pound of lean mass?! Wowie, now that's the way to do it! Awesome, way to go!

Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

freakin awesome-congrats!!!!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

You are awesome! I am afraid to even try that DVD workout. Dropping that many sizes in seven months is impressive. Do you do a food plan? I am just curious about how you have accomplished so much. By the way, I love your avatar -- so inspirational and strong!
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote