Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default illness and dieting

so i have the flu today. i eat 1200 calories a day (recently bumped it up from 1000) but im trying to zig zag right now to get out of my plateau. according to my cycling calculator, i shouldve eating 1400 today. usually when im sick i dont want to eat at all but tonight i have been STARVING. not craving, genuinely hungry, and hungry for protein. i ended my day at about 1550, which i know isnt horrible for my weightt. but since ive been eating 1000/1200 for so long it feels like a TON.

when it comes to illness, do you give in to the hunger? is my body asking for more because its fighting an illness?

Last edited by juliastl27; 09-12-2009 at 11:01 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

I'd say yes, give the dieting a rest until you're recovered. You have a virus and your body is trying to fight it off so it needs all the strength and help it can get. That doesn't mean it's alright to go crazy and start eating everything in site....just keep doing what you're doing but don't necessarily "restrict" yourself. Once you're back to feeling normal then continue on with the zigzagging. I doubt you'll put on any weight during this "sick" period if you eat a little more for a couple days ;-)

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

If you are eating a healthy, well-balanced diet, I don't think you need to change a thing. 1550 won't hurt a thing. More fluids maybe.

If you find that you are 'catching' things more easily than normal, you may want to take a look at how healthy and well-balanced your diet is.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #4  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Keep in mind that your increased fluid intake (which is mandatory during illness! ) could make you feel/look bloated for a day or two but it's all water weight, easy to come off! You're sick and your body definitely needs all the help/nutrients it can get.... just get right back on that wagon afterwards!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #5  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I got the flu too girl! I haven't been able to exercise for 3 days now and I've been grumpy because of it. I'm FINALLY feeling kinda normal today but I don't want to go to fast and end up sick again. Turns out I still lost some weight though so it's all good. Hang in there and hope you feel better soon!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote