Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh (TMI) and my 2 back fat rolls don't touch (when I stand straight) anymore unless I really bend my back to make them touch.
Silly but I'm glad they're going down. Though they were helping me stand straight. LOL
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #17  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Clara View Post
Well, all is relative, as I am sure you know by now. A smaller tummy means it doesn't protrude more than my boobies. Before I started I had the alluring physique of a middle-aged sumo wrestler. I still am not Playboy centerfold material, but all things considered this is almost as good.

lol, yes tummy not protruding farther than my boobs was an exciting one!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #18  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDream View Post
Iall things I took for granted when I was younger and thin, I'm now appreciating more than ever!
isnt that so funny? if i had stayed at my pre pregnancy weight (115-120 AKA TOO thin) i would be sitting here hating my body and thinking about how fat i was and how many stretch marks i had.

instead, i blew up to 220, and at 178 which isnt even close to thin, im noticing and appreciating things about my body.

it *almost* makes getting fat worth it.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #19  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I was walking through an open public space and found myself "sucking in" my pot belly. This was a big deal for 2 reasons:

1. I haven't bothered to even try that move in years.

2. I have abdominal muscle now and it worked!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #20  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I've noticed my back fat getting smaller as well! However, I still have a huge protruding gut and if I flap my arms fast enough I could leave the ground....
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveLHaelf View Post
I've noticed my back fat getting smaller as well! However, I still have a huge protruding gut and if I flap my arms fast enough I could leave the ground....
LOL
Old 09-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #22  
Grasshopper

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

Lots and lots of extra skin But it's my badge for me to wear proudly. And my butt now hurts when I sit in wood chairs for any length of time. And my left leg doesn't sprawl out to the door when I'm driving....my seat has a permanent dent where it used to rest!
RedKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #23  
To war!

S/C/G: 194/ticker/135?

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKat View Post
Lots and lots of extra skin But it's my badge for me to wear proudly. And my butt now hurts when I sit in wood chairs for any length of time. And my left leg doesn't sprawl out to the door when I'm driving....my seat has a permanent dent where it used to rest!
Oh, I got extra skin alright But it wasn't gaining weight what gave me the extra skin, it was my daughter.

I started my pregnancy slightly overweight, and proceeded to get: pre-eclampsia, kidney failure, cracked pelvis, excess amniotic fluid and a 12 lb. baby. 5 days after my emergency c-section I had "lost" 40 pounds, going within lbs. of my pre-pregnancy weight. I don't have to tell you what such quick deflation (in a short person) did to my abdominal skin. I breastfed for two years, by then my boobs were chasing my tummy skin on a race to the floor.

I will probably get surgery, after all, at least the extra skin wasn't something of my doing, in fact I gained weight because I hated my body so much and got so depressed I couldn't care less what else I did to it. Funny how becoming obese made me wish I had the body I had right after my pregnancy. I gained a sense of perspective, but at what cost!
Tante Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Bloated and icky and stretch marky.

Ignore my TOM induced pessimism.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #25  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

What a brilliant thread. I've not lost that much in the grand scheme of things, but I have noticed a couple of differences.

Firstly, COLLARBONES! I love collarbones and have yearned for them for so long. I have a bit of collarbone but can't wait for them to become better defined.

Secondly, my legs! I hate my legs and I've wanted them to be slim for so long. Especially the backs of my knees were really fat and now I can see muscle tone there! My calves and triceps are looking far more toned as well.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:20 AM   #26  

One thing my husband has noticed is that my butt is back to looking more defined. when I was more over weight it just blended in with my back. LOL
georgiad, I know what you mean about the collarbone, I was happy when I finally was able to see it again.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #27  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

My cheekbones were the first thing I noticed, followed by my collarbones. My extra chin has almost gone... The biggest thing for me though? I put on a pair of jeans that look good on me and a shirt like what I used to wear when I was thin and I really thought I looked good. Now THAT was a happy day!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I was feeling pretty sure the last 5 pounds all came off of my fingers and boobs... my ring is nearly too big now, and I'm down to only 2 bras that fit. I'm not usually one to care about clothing sizes, but going out and buying A cups is going to be depressing, when I still have over 15 lbs to go.

But after reading this, I decided to look in the mirror and see if I could notice anything else. Well, I noticed something weird going on with my back... it's like I still have fat on my upper and lower back, but less right in the middle, so I've got a dent on each side, right around the bottom of my ribcage. It looks sort of odd, but it gives me hope that the fat really is coming off of other places.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 257/246/110

Height: 5'3"

I've noticed that my clothes that fit tight a year ago fit me looser and I can see my neck now! I also have more energy
cherry7211 is offline   Reply With Quote