Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 09:28 AM   #76  

I am finally a QUEEN - I have been trying to tell hubby and kids this for years!!!!!! LOL Well, its 9:30 and other than 2 cups of coffee I have not had any water yet - if I am to make my challenge I better get moving!!!!!! Queen A - I love trashy novels!!! They are the BEST!!! I, too, have an extremely difficult time not eating junk after the dinner hour - I used to go to bed early to avoid eating (it helped in the health dept. too!) - I should probably try to do this again since it worked so well before but it is hard when these NY summer nights are so beautiful!!!! Take care and I will chat with all later!!! Fondly, QUEEN K (Love the sound of it!!! LOL)
Old 07-27-2002, 09:39 AM   #77  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Re: Empire of the Royal Spa

Good Morning, Your Majesties! !

Welcome, Queen 3mom!

I'm on the run -- off to tai chi, so as to have completed the exercise portion of my day.

Today's plan:

Keep intake under 35 points.

3 mile walk, 2 sets of circuits, (already did those 2) tai chi class

Drink >3L water.

Get at least 7 servings of fruits & veggies.

Journal every bite and report it here.

Have a wonderful day, Your Exquisite Excellencies!
xo
babette

Last edited by Arabella; 07-27-2002 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-27-2002, 11:28 AM   #78  
Empress/Queen

Well, Amarantha wrote a huge proclamation about how this is the empire's traditional Festival of Minichallenges, but it wouldn't post. So in a nutshell: Amarantha is down at the village south of the spa where the inhabitants are celebrating the festival. Among newly painted houses, they wander in the street, dancing, throwing streamers and flowers, issuing and meeting minichallenges to themselves and each other and doing happy jigs as the challenges are met. Music and healthy food and water are everywhere. Amarantha has so far challenged herself to eat only one snack after returning from the Desert of No Food From 9 P.M. to Midnight stroll and she achieved that; she challenged herself to walk one hour when she felt pressured to work instead and achieved the walk (better for her in the long run); she will continue to issue minichallenges with the happy villagers all day and will return to the spa tonight. All spa goers are of course welcome to come to the happy village, where the inhabitants are all beautiful (males as well as females), mentally stable and physically fit (they all have 25 percent body fat and excellent cardiovascular systems).

168/167.5/135
Old 07-27-2002, 06:42 PM   #79  

Angry Sat evening begineth

So glad I have some time to sneak in a leisurely steam bath while Elberta Crone fixes one of those Cranberry Smoothies and the Chickpea Veg Curry. I have to admit, I might have to post one of my butlers in the kitchen to get Elberta Crone's recipes- I will ask her first and hope she will share with my cook, both sound so tasty!!

Q Aramantha, don't forget Ulysses was tempted by the Sirens too. Didn't he tie his sailors to the boat to keep them safe and on course?? Those of us royals must be very careful as danger lurks everywhere.
And of course, add me to the royal proclamation of thanks for establishing the Spa. Its a royal experience!

Q Punkinseed- I've only seen Dr Phil on Oprah. Some of what I've seen really makes sense to me: what have you've changed by making excuses? Some people think he should be gentler with people but I think the ones he gets tough with have needed someone to be tough with them for a long, long time. I enjoy him but then again, I love Judge Judy and I don't know anyone else who does.
And did the water really come out of your ears??? were you standing on your head?

Q Babette- This is where I must draw the line on parallel lives- I don't want a cold!!

Q Upandaway- Yes, yes, yes, you have got it, you are on the right track, you are moving towards your goal, you are gaining momentum, your are almossttttt there - JUST GIVE IT TIME--
And have you ever tried Anbesol? It can really take the edge off.

Q 3mom-- So glad you stopped by. Please accept this tiara and elbow length gloves. Seems as though we have lots of tiara's here at the spa and in my royal trunk but I have two royal wands on back order now. You may wear the tiara as you will, some prefer a jaunty angle, we have heard of one who has wired headphones into hers-- its up to you, as ITS ALL ABOUT YOU, you are the QUEEN of all you see.
and have you tried the 0 calorie flavored waters? lots of flavors out there now and sometimes its two birds, one stone- you're getting the water in and it tastes good too

I've had a Bob James tape playing in the car for almost 3 days now- its just so light and lovely, I just keep letting it play and play. I always wondered who did the Taxi theme song and was pleasantly suprised when I found the title on the casette. Music really helps me enjoy the moment.
Thats why I'm so impressed that the steam room has overhead music and plug in headsets for individual settings- For a Royal sauna!

so far on track all day-

2 veggie burgers
2 lite wheat bread
1 apple

2 avocado/black bean mini wheat pita
1 sf popsicle

looks like tofu and stirfry veg starting to happen in the kitchen

leaves plenty of room for sf chocolate pudding later!!

little low on the water- got to get pumping

did someone else mention green tea? do you use the bags or loose tea? we have both when at home in the palace, just wondering what others preferred.

Well, sauna was great but there are important matters of state that demand my royal attention. For example, can you imagine, the Royal laundress has not shown up for work in 2 or 3 days now-- and the Royal vacuum cleaner refuses to operate. Must go out in the carriage and find a royal replacement.

Be careful out there your Graces!!
Old 07-27-2002, 06:57 PM   #80  

Hi Amarantha:

Just wanted to say thank you for your welcome message.

I kept checking in the first day I signed on and was getting a little depressed when no one was acknowledging me (I'm a little insecure can you tell this being my first time on a chat line.)
You guys all seem so familiar with each other and having such a good time. I want some of that!!!

(I'm assuming it is alright for me to just join in to any thread. If that is bad manners please let me know.)

I am not doing so well with my weight loss program. I just can't seem to get into the good food mode. It's like my eating mechanisms have disattached from my brain and have gone on a rampage.

Babette, I love your dancing banana.

Until later,

Marusha
Old 07-27-2002, 07:50 PM   #81  

Angry Proclamation: Dancing bananas for all!

Welcome, Marusha -- Glad you're here. Please accept this dancing banana You can get them by clicking on the "get more" at the bottom of the smileys!

Kaylets, yup -- you don't need a cold. I'm still fighting it and determined to win. I just keep telling myself that I'm NOT going to get sick.

A pretty good day today. At the top of my points, but I got lots of exercise, so it should be okay.

Food / Points
Oatmeal with fruit and soy milk / 7 (3 fruit)
1 c soy milk / 2
chickpea veg curry / 2
spelt toast with light cream cheese and tomato / 4
lasagne / 10 (2 veg)
caesar salad (3 veg)
Gin and tonic / 4
wine / 2
total / 35

3 mile walk, 2 sets circuit training, tai chi class
>3L water
8 fruits/veggies

Burned 10 points!

G'Night, Miladies!
Old 07-27-2002, 08:55 PM   #82  

Hello all you royalty out there! I did pretty good with the water today and I am still drinking it!! Hooray for me! It sounds like alot of you really exercise quite a bit in here! I really need to speed up that department - I walk 20/25 minutes a day my challenge for this week is to walk and do 10 minutes of muscle exercises each day. Tomorrow's challenge for me is to continue with the water until it is just a regular thing I do and not to get suckered into eating junk at my parents' house for their birthday parties ( my family is big on awesome food and parties!!) Any advice? i really want to make this challenge a reality but it is so hard when there are people encouraging you to eat every 5 minutes!! Well, hope all the queens out there get the royal treatment for the rest of the weekend!!! Fondly, Queen K
Old 07-27-2002, 10:10 PM   #83  

Smile tips to share

Queen 3mom:

My first tip would be to bring your water bottle or what ever you are drinking with you - bring refills just in case there will be nothing you can refill with there. If you bring home what you brought, all the better but so much better not to be wishing you had brought something. DONT LET GO OF THE BOTTLE!! It's very hard to drink and eat at the same time, it really makes a difference.

The 2nd thing I'd make sure of is to eat a good filling breakfast,
I don't want to risk being overly hungry later.

The third thing which may sound crazy -- I'd eat again before I left if it was at all possible. That way, if there was little for me to choose, I wouldnt be so hungry I couldnt resist.

I'd also try my best to get some activity in as early as possible to kickstart my day-- get your heart pounding activity -- with it being so warm, I'd put my sneakers on as soon as my eyes were open and do flights of stairs- as soon as my legs start complaining, I do at least one more flight and then I can stop- this way, I have started out my day on a positive note.

that's what works for me.

the last thing I'd do is do my darndest not to have anything with sugar in it- it only makes me want more and then more tomorrow too. Some people can have a bite and stop, not me. The farther away from it I stay, the easier it is to control the cravings.

and, if you do your activity and get a good breakfast in, if you eat something you regret later, at least you won't feel as though the whole day was a ruined.

oopps, almost forgot, bring something yummy and safe to share that you will enjoy- strawberries maybe ??

Hope I didnt go on too long, I realize other people may have other strategies-- I have learned that I cannot get too hungry or its just downhill.

Let us know how you make out!
Old 07-27-2002, 11:00 PM   #84  
Empress/Queen

Red face Night falleth ...

Amarantha returneth to the Imperial Vacation Spa, South Empire, tired but content from her day of frolicking amongst the villagers in the Festival of Minichallenges. She hath accomplished many challenges today and is leaving early for her night stroll across the Desert of No Food From 9 p.m. to Midnight ... a satisfying, peaceful time in which she is not tortured with thoughts of overeating because there's NO FOOD!

Queen Marusha: Amarantha is glad you found your way to the spa. Hopefully, after a few days of eating Elberta Crone's super-healthful cuisine, your rampages will ceaseth! Just watch out for the archcriminal Blob and his minions. BTW, the only bad manners would be to NOT join in!!!

Queen 3Mom: Amarantha has little to add to Queen Kaylets advice. In past years, Amarantha also had to contend with family eating festivals, but that has happily tapered off. Her two favorite strategies are, as Q. Kaylets, mentioned to take something you'll enjoy eating that won't kill your plan (always pretending that you brought it for them, of course) and holding a water (or tea) glass or bottle in your hand. Pushing food around on the plate is good, too, but hard to do if you're hungry. Good luck.

Queen Babette/Arabella of the Wood Nymphs: Excellent menu again today. I am requesting Elberta to get a supply of Scottish oatmeal. It is the only kind she'll cook.

Queen Kaylets: So sorry about your staffing problem. Feel free to bring the Royal Laundry with you when you visit the spa. We have 73 laundrettes/launderers on duty at all hours of the day and night. Amarantha realizes this may seem an excessive number, but we don't want them to get tired. Amarantha is sending you a vacuum cleaner by return carriage. The spa's vacuum cleaners are feather-light so the staff doesn't get tired and plays stirring classical music to encourage them.

168/167.5/135
Old 07-27-2002, 11:06 PM   #85  
Empress/Queen

Amarantha is restraining her editor self from going back and correcting the disagreement of subject and verb in her last post. She obsesseth!
Old 07-28-2002, 07:30 AM   #86  

Great ideas from the royal court - I am definitely going to try them all - All ready got in my royal stroll and now I am planning on some tasty foods right now!!! I really appreciate the support - I am hoping I report to everyone later tonight about how well I did!!!!!! Have a great day everyone - we deserve it!!!!!!! Fondly, KIM
Old 07-28-2002, 08:28 AM   #87  

Smile PS to Q3mom

I forgot to mention, have fun!

My butler returned from the kitchen without the recipes! She says the cook already had the Cranberry Smoothie and Chickpea curry prepared before she arrived! I am now asking the Royal Secretary to contact the cook in writing as I am very interested in both of these recipes back at the palace.

I had no idea the spa had such a wonderful laundry system!! That's so good to know if I have an extended stay. Can you believe the laundress came in wihtout any explanation, did 3 loads of wash and disappeared again? Can you imagine?

I will alert the doorman that your carriage is expected. The featherlight sounds terrfic ! Many thanks!

so far, only 1 bottle of water down,
and a breakfast of frenchtoast with peaches--
it didnt turn out the best so the dogs the half I decided wasnt worth eating-

its so muggy outside the windows are steamed up ! and so dark you'd think its raining but its not-

Want to get to Walmart for cheap Pria bars for my just in case stockpile. DH needs some new shirts, in a size or two smaller!!
So, I'm off before it gets too miserable!
Old 07-28-2002, 12:21 PM   #88  
Empress/Queen

Hope no spagoers objecteth, but the Empress Amarantha wisheth to start a new threadeth! She was hoping someone lurking in the royal spa would do so before now, but all have been occupied watching the towel boy. :jester:

3Mom: Good luck on your family outing.

Kaylets: The carriage has been dispatched with the Featherlight!

Amarantha has lost a pound this week, BTW.

Onward!
Old 07-28-2002, 12:28 PM   #89  

Default Re: Re: Empire of the Royal Spa

Good Morning, Your Majesties! ! I realize this is a little late in the day to post my challenge, but -- being royalty -- I am dang well doing it anyway!

Posted a novel on the other thread, so I'll be short and sweet here. Well, short anyway...

Today's plan:

Keep intake under 35 points.

3 mile walk, 2 sets of tai chi (was only going to do one, but - well, what's a challenge for )

Drink >3L water.

Get at least 7 servings of fruits & veggies.

Journal every bite and report it here.

Have an absolutely splendid day, Your Exquisite Excellencies!
xo
babette
Old 07-28-2002, 07:30 PM   #90  

Angry reporting in

Made it -- I do find that it's a little easier to make the better choices when I've got to report on it...

Food / Points
2 eggs on spelt toast / 7
2 c soy milk / 4
banana / 2 (2 fruits)
Stuffed eggplant / 8 (3 veg)
Green beans / 0 (2 veg)
New potatoes, 1 t butter /4
strawberries / 1 (1 fruit)
2 g wine / 4
1/2 vodka cooler / 2
total / 31

3 mile walk, 2 sets tai chi