3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I am a 12? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/180073-i-am-12-a.html)

kymccc 08-25-2009 09:28 AM

I am a 12?

Hi all,

I have been posting on the boards my journey with the couch25k program. I am on week five and the inches are really falling off now. I have had my eye on this Land's End white eyelet shirtdress, which is somehwat fitted and I never dreamed it would be for me. I started out a size 16 five weeks ago and I am wearing the eyelet shirtdress to work today in a size 12! It has a little room too! I have even had a few compliments this morning.

:carrot:Not quite a firm mini-goal, so I thought I would post it here. Once again, I noted that all of this good stuff is happening to my body, but it is not refelected in huge losses on the scale? I still cannot understand it. I am not going to weight myself more than once per month for now as I find it makes me nervous and defeats my progress.

Thanks for all of the support.

kiramira 08-25-2009 09:39 AM

Hi hon! Well, if you are getting in shape, you are toning your muscles and dumping water that you may have been retaining due to diet and inactivity. So it DOES make sense...ENJOY!!!!

Kira

bargoo 08-25-2009 09:43 AM

The dress sounds great. Good idea about the scale. Depending on the scale too much can drive me crazy.

Onederchic 08-25-2009 09:44 AM

That is great! Congrats :cheer2:

blackbetty 08-25-2009 09:46 AM

Congrats on the progress! I think that if I dropped two sizes in five weeks, I wouldn't care if the scale said I was 500 lbs... it's how you look, not how much you weigh!

kymccc 08-25-2009 09:58 AM

Thank you everyone!

Blackbetty, you are so right. I feel great in the dress and I know that I have changed so the scale should be my last worry. I keep thinking it will drop off in numbers eventually! I turned 40 this year and people kept telling me it would take much, much longer to see any results. I felt defeated and hopeless before I even started. I decided to jump into something I never did, running and yes, even at 40, I am doing it.

rachinma 08-25-2009 10:43 AM

I'm sure the dress looks beautiful! Congrats on your progress.

One thing I wanted to mention is that when I was running/training, I had a very hard time dropping weight. I ate a lot more carbs because I was running 3-5 miles at a time and, while my body was changing, I was definitely not losing weight.

Once you finish training for your 5K and start running more recreationally, I think you will see the scale beginning to move.

shasha17a 08-25-2009 10:49 AM

The scale sucks sometimes. I feel smaller than what the scale actually reflects and my clothes are definatly getting looser. Congrats on getting into the 12!

kuhrisuh 08-25-2009 11:43 AM

:cheer2: Woohoo! I bet you look great :)

kymccc 08-25-2009 11:48 AM

Thanks. I am still new here, but will post pics soon.

EveLHaelf 08-25-2009 07:46 PM

Congrats on the progress! :hug:

Jae165 08-25-2009 09:45 PM

That is so awesome. Congrats! I bet you look fabulous. Keep it up and don't let the scale try to deny you of your success.

mygritsconfessions 08-25-2009 09:50 PM

Congratulations on your size 12 eyelet shirtdress! That is awesome. It sounds like you are really going to hit your goal! Woo Hoo!