Cellulite and question for those who lost a lot

• Hi Fellow Chickies

I do not post very often but I am beginning to lurk more often and I couldn't find an answer to cellulite problems.
    I started the journey at 234 and currently weight 208. My stomach is going in wee little. My hips and behind could stand to loose a ton of weight but I know I am heading the right direction.
    Now, I have a hard lump like cellulite on the outer end of my leg. It shows horrible in pants so though I fit in to a 18, I chose a 20 so that cellulite don't show. How long should I be suffering with this, :-(
    Is the Lypo my only option or if I keep doing whatever is working, will that ever melt away?
    I use the spanx to push it in and kind of shape up a little for special occassions but it is not practical for everyday use.
    All of you who might have had one and got rid of it, what helped you please?

Thank you!
    Niru
  • First off, congratulations on your first 25 pounds gone! That is an awesome achievement.

Now, the good news is that eventually your thighs will become smaller, but unfortunately they might be the last to go, and they might always be a little big compared to the rest of your body, BUT I guarantee you that in the next 25 pounds lost they will be smaller, and in the next 25 they will be smaller yet, and the next 25 they will be much smaller... You just got to stick it out. The only way I got rid of my thunder thighs was to keep going, (and they are still a bit bigger than what I would like...but SO much better than they were.)
  • Did you say it is a hard lump?. I have never experienced cellulite or other fat being hard. Maybe this is something you should show your doctor.

Congrats on your weight loss. You are doing great!
  • Thank you
    Thank you LoriBell, your words are so encouraging, I sure will remember that. And kudos to you for the wonderful loss, :-)
    Being pear shape as far as I can remember, I know this will never go away. 6 years and 2 kids ago, I weigh in the 150s but always had the thunder thighs and the exact same cellulite, :-(
    May be when and if I finally get to 115 which is my ultimate goal, this will diminish or else I am going for Lypo Then,
    At least I would have earned it!

Judy, I had to re-check after I read your message. It is actually not that hard when I am sitting. When I stand though, it is an extra mass protuded out of my thigh. I will be sure to show my doctor the next time though. I am just too embarassed by this,
  • Hi,

As far a cellulite, (Endermologie) works to stretch the connective fiber under the skin so the fat appears smoother, it's the only treatment approved by the FDA to work. But its expensive and you have to have maintenance treatments every month to keep the results. But a hard lump sounds like it might be a lipoma which is a benign tumor composed of fatty tissue, but you should really go to the doctor to be certain. I hope that helps.
  • Hi, I have the same problem however I must get back on the exercise path before I try any of the remedies I've heard of.
    Some believe the toxins get trapped, on top of having my massage therapist target these areas to get the circulation going she suggested getting a dry brush, I use a shower glove with an exfoliating surface and try to rub in a circular motion while I'm in the shower to keep everything flowing, I also bought some Jergens toning lotion. I'm starting over with my weight loss path so I'm anxious to see if these things help more once I'm better balanced with my hydration, nutrition and activity level, otherwise I'm all for the alternatives myself, cellulite certainly does feel like a curse sometimes!!
  • I have read that exfoliating with used coffee grounds helps. I have done it a few times, nothing consistant, but it does feel good and makes me look a tad smoother.