3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   BACK from vacation. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/178752-back-vacation.html)

jendiet 08-09-2009 07:12 PM

BACK from vacation.

We went to Isle of Palms, SC for a couple of days. Weds-Sunday. I didn't stick to my plan necessarily, but I didn't eat like a crazy lady either. And I was so active!

The first day we of course packed and ran around getting everything together and cleaning my house. When we got to the beach house. We went on to the beach a little later and played for hours.

The second day, We went to an amusement park, and I climbed several flights of stairs, and swam, and ran around for hours.

The third and fourth days we lived at the beach all day pretty much. And night. I basically went until I passed out from exhaustion at 2 in the morning! But it was so much fun!!!

Then today I was so busy cleaning and packing....

my whole vacation was non stop action.

I also got the TOM kind of. I'm not sure because it's not like my regular period. So I don't think I will even lose period weight like I was hoping.

anyways, I got home, and the scale says 181. Of course it was 6:00 pm. But I'm so scared what tomorrow's weight will be!

my water % is a little on the high side. Of course the salt water might have something to do with that.

kuhrisuh 08-09-2009 07:23 PM

Sounds like you had fun!! :)

I bet that salt water had alot to do with your weight being a bit higher.. And even if you DID gain a few pounds, you're still a skinny minnie! And you had an awesome vacation!

Glad you're back!

jendiet 08-09-2009 07:28 PM

Thanks bbee, but one thing I am not is a skinny minnie! Boy did I realize that when I wore a 2 piece at the beach! I did have tons of fun though!

kuhrisuh 08-09-2009 07:45 PM

Haha, I'm sure you looked great! I'm glad you had a good time girl :)

inthemidst 08-09-2009 07:50 PM

Sounds like you had a great time. It is so beautiful there!

Isn't it amazing how much exercise you can do on vacation. We were only in Boston for 1 day - but we walked for 4 hours. And I did not even notice. Have to figure how to do that here.

Ash

Onederchic 08-09-2009 07:56 PM

I am glad you had a great time!! I would like to say don't stress over the scale because I've been there, done that and it causes too much unecessary anxiety but I also know how it all is so I won't preach about it (or did I anyway :o).

Glad you're back with us anyway!! :hug:

jamiewyn 08-09-2009 08:16 PM

Sounds like a wonderful and well-deserved vacation! Glad you had such a good time!

I bet the extra couple of pounds are water weight and they will disappear in a few days. :)

EveLHaelf 08-09-2009 08:47 PM

Welcome back! Glad you had a good time. :D

jendiet 08-09-2009 09:37 PM

thanks everyone! I'm glad to be back. I need the support!

Niecy 08-09-2009 11:16 PM

Jen, just got back myself from vacation. We had an awesome time and like you, I didn't eat like I normally would on vacation, but I did have a coffee last night an, Egg McMuffin two days in a row and four bites of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae at Applebees. I couldn't count calories as easily because the eating establishments there did not even have routine daily menus. I mostly had salads.

So far, I haven't gained nor lost. Well, my first day, I did make it down to 142 but the next two days I was back up to 143.

I think if you come out of it a few pounds up, you have done well. It is REALLY hard to stick with it because most vacation spots are way indulgent.

My plan is to jump back in there and keep going; and you can do it too!!!!!

jendiet 08-10-2009 11:17 AM

Thanks Niecy, I needed that motivation. The scale read 178.0 this morning. I planned on throwing a pity party...but asked myself..."so are you just going to give up???" The answer is NO. I will get right back into it. I wonder how much stuff of this is TOM also, if I'm not really having a period?

kestrel 08-10-2009 01:48 PM

Sounds like you had a great time!
Quote:

Originally Posted by jendiet (Post 2866903)
We went to Isle of Palms, SC for a couple of days.

Awww, I used to live right near the IOP, in Mt Pleasant just north of the IOP Connector. I'm near Seattle now, and I miss that area so much! I would love to feel the hot sand between my toes again, or go walking the beach at night like we used too. :D

Mickeypnd 08-10-2009 03:42 PM

sounds like fun.

you went on a vacation and a work out all at once. ! =]

jendiet 08-10-2009 05:15 PM

lol...I like the idea of a vacation workout. Kestrel, I took lots of beautiful pictures of the beach at night because the moon was full. The hot sand burned my feet. We went to the beach during the day and night. I also hunted for sand dollars and came home with about 9 of them. Seattle is beautiful too. What a difference though.