Those darn pop-tarts

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I have lost 4 lbs so far by counting calories, using an application on my phone called "Lose it!". As of last night I also started doing Wii Fit. I am a little bummed at myself though, because I came home from work today and had a debate in my head. What to have as a snack. An orange? Some carrots? A pop-tart?! Obviously a pop-tart was not the best option, and I told myself this. I checked the calories - 200. In just 1 pop-tart. Who eats just one, when they come in 2's?! Well, on the bright side - I do. I ate just one. Better than 2, which would have been 400 calories. But still, not as good as if I had eaten none and went for the carrots instead. *Chants* I will do better tomorrow... I will do better tomorrow...
  • I am glad you're not beating yourself over this. It's really a bad thing when you do that and then decide to give up so kudos to you
  • I had this revelation just the other day! I love strawberry poptarts. You have no idea how pissed I was at them when I realized they were 400 calories for both of them!

UGH.
  • Heck, I had a cafe latte today which is just coffee and skim milk. Imagine my shock when the amount of skim milk in it ended up making the drink 170 calories! All we can do is live and learn, right? Next time instead of getting the large (20oz) I'll get the small (12oz) which only has 100 calories.

Good job on limiting yourself to 1 pop tart. You made an informed decision and didn't give in to the 2nd one. I'd call that a victory!
  • Congrats on the 4lbs and just eating one PopTart. I have to admit the fact that they come packaged in twos is a big problem for me.

I was staring at a package of the choc fudge yesterday at the store, but Hubby talked me out of buying them. Good Hubby!
  • They taunted me at the market last night, but i managed to leave them behind. It's hard!
  • It's sort of surprising that they haven't jumped on the 100 calorie pack bandwagon, or at least started to package them in singles.

But then I remember that in the commercials they're trying to get kids to make huge ice cream sundaes out of them. So not that surprising, I guess.
  • WOW ... pop tarts are something i haven't had in a while, but I looove the blue-berry ones ... mmmMMMMMmmm.

Good for you for not giving in! I would have probably ate both!
  • I have to say that you did good by only eating one of them.
    My husband is addicted to them and they are always in the house but I have been able to ignore them as I don't like them as much.
    Congradulations on the 4 pounds as it is a good start.
  • A while ago I actually seen packages of single poptarts! Whole-grain brown sugary goodness.
  • Oh wow, poptarts. Flashback to college and living in a dorm.
  • congrates..i love poptarts, and to be honest if they were in my house i would have ate the whole box..you are strong...congrates!!

ang
  • Are you serious about the ice cream sundaes? OMG!

I was just thinking of Pop Tarts this morning! Saw a movie where they made French toast, and was mentally adding up the calories in that--if you made it using all low-cal ingredients. Even so, I was coming up around 300, with the skinny bread, and the egg, and the reduced calorie syrup, and the low-cal margarine. I thought, You'd be better off with a Pop Tart!

Good for you for just having one!
  • Oh my goodness, I ate poptarts like they were going out of style with my last pregnancy. Good job on just eating one
  • I don't even go down the poptart isle in the store. The two in a pack isn't the problem for me, the 8 in a box is (I battle binge eating).

Congrats on just eating one!