3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I Just Stole $820 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/178098-i-just-stole-%24820.html)

EZMONEY 08-01-2009 12:30 AM

I Just Stole $820

OOPS!...My bad :devil:

Make that 820 calories ;)

Angie and I went to Applebees tonight...her favorite :no: restaurant...

Why is it her favorite? :no:

because that is the first place we ate during our first date...

We went to the Aerospace Museum....then the San Diego Zoo....then Applebees...her favorite :no: then later that day we went and saw Legends Of The Fall....Brad Pitt did nothing for her :no: ;)

OK...truth...she hates Applebees but thinks Brad is so/so...;)

Anyway, after not having gone for 13+ years we decided to give it a go, since it is near a Best Buy we wish listed through tonight...

Food was OK...price was Ok...but I loved the fact that they had a calorie list ON THE TABLE!!!

I was deciding between a Bruschetta Burger...Fish and Chips or Margarita Chicken...

while I was figuring it out Angie picked up the list....Burger w/fries 1230 calories...Fish and Chips 1550 calories...Margarita Chicken...730 calories...

I got the chicken and stole 820 calories off the fish and chips I really wanted!!

Wish all places would make it so easy!!!

Onederchic 08-01-2009 12:42 AM

That is great! I do agree, I wish they had that kinda list available at more place.

mandalinn82 08-01-2009 12:47 AM

Gary, you'll be seeing it a LOT more. CA just made it the law! It has to be available now, and on menus in a year or so.

mamaspank 08-01-2009 12:48 AM

Sounds like you had a fun day! I love days like that, easygoing. Legends of the Fall was playing in a theatre?

EZMONEY 08-01-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandalinn82 (Post 2854110)
Gary, you'll be seeing it a LOT more. CA just made it the law! It has to be available now, and on menus in a year or so.

I did see that...finally...we do something right!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaspank (Post 2854113)
Sounds like you had a fun day! I love days like that, easygoing. Legends of the Fall was playing in a theatre?

Mamaspank....that was on our first date almost 15 yrs. ago...we just haven't been to an Applebees for around 13 yrs. Last night we ate there then went to "wish" list stuff at Best Buy...cheaper dates ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chunkychic (Post 2854096)
That is great! I do agree, I wish they had that kinda list available at more place.

Looks like it is going to happen!

CountingDown 08-01-2009 08:30 AM

:cp:

One decision at a time - it makes all the difference!

Way to go Gary!

jendiet 08-01-2009 09:01 AM

woohoo! That date sounded like fun. I am confused about the legends of the fall though? It was playing in a theater???? I've seen it. I don't know what to think of it and Brad Pitt does nothing for me.

midwife 08-01-2009 09:29 AM

Heh heh....now you better run your next 5K like you stole something EZ!

Onederchic 08-01-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendiet (Post 2854316)
woohoo! That date sounded like fun. I am confused about the legends of the fall though? It was playing in a theater???? I've seen it. I don't know what to think of it and Brad Pitt does nothing for me.

Haha, he was describing his first date with his wife ;)

KatieBell28 08-01-2009 12:24 PM

Mmm applebee's loaded mashed potatoes.

jendiet 08-01-2009 12:28 PM

lol..ok i get it!

dragonwoman64 08-01-2009 01:39 PM

legends of the fall came out that long ago? seems like yesterday(!) I had such a big crush on Aiden Quinn. One of the first dates bf and I went on was to an Aiden Quinn, Johnny Depp movie, Benny and Joon. I still like that movie.

I didn't know CA made that a law. I wonder if NY will follow. I never thought we'd have all these smoking laws, when I first moved here in the late 80s, seems like every other person smoked where ever they wanted to. Thinking about it, I can see how that would make me opt for lower calorie choices. Too hard to have that "blackout moment", heh heh, where I let myself eat something without thinking of consequences(!)

oh, I should have said, way to go, Gary, too! I'm sure it wasn't easy to pass up the fish and chips!

harrismm 08-01-2009 01:52 PM

Darn it! By the title, I thought this was going to be a confession of some sort.....

EZMONEY 08-01-2009 06:49 PM

Our first "date"...was a week after we met...Angie thinks our date was Jan. 13th 1995...and yes Legends Of The Fall was in the theater then....1995!

Chele615 08-01-2009 08:39 PM

They list the calorie counts in the menus in NYC and it made decision making so much easier this past week when I was there with a friend. I hope Massachusetts decides to do that sometime too!!!