3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Hopefully NOT too fat for a baby (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/177509-hopefully-not-too-fat-baby.html)

Missunderstood 07-24-2009 08:24 PM

Hopefully NOT too fat for a baby

Well everyone, looks as if my fear of being too fat for a baby is something I need to manage because we found out to day that I am expecting!! :) At 248 pounds I never thought I would get pregnant and I am worried but will do everything I can to have it be healthy.

Thanks for all the support on my initial concerns..hugs to you all!!!

P.S. We aren't telling anoyne yet but I had to tell my "secret" you all of you!!!

Onederchic 07-24-2009 08:28 PM

Awww congrats!!!:hug::hug:

kiramira 07-24-2009 08:37 PM

Yippee!!! Get that prenatal nutrition happening, chickie!!! And 248 is SO not too big for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby...

:hug:

Kira

nooch 07-24-2009 08:53 PM

CONGRATULATIONS! That is awesome :D :D :D I am so happy for you!

jamiewyn 07-24-2009 08:54 PM

WOW!!! Congratulations! That's the best thing I've heard all day. :)

Pita09 07-24-2009 09:23 PM

Congratulations on your new little blessing.

WildThings 07-24-2009 09:32 PM

Congrats!

JustSharing83 07-24-2009 09:56 PM

That is so exciting! Congrats and best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy! :D

HungryHungryHippo 07-25-2009 12:00 AM

Congratulations!!!

jendiet 07-25-2009 12:25 AM

congratulations and one super thing about pregnancy is the increased metabolism. All you really need is about 500 more calories a day--use the kick and YOU CAN safely lose weight while pregnant. Baby can use momma's stores. Definitely take your prenatals to get optimal nutrition.

ennay 07-25-2009 01:19 AM

Wooohoooo!!!! Now is the time to take great care of yourself, continue the exercise and great nutrition!

geoblewis 07-25-2009 02:09 AM

I'm chiming in on the congratulations!

I also have experience at being pregnant at a heavier weight. It's different for everyone, I'm sure, but I was around 300 lb both times I got pregnant. I also had gestational diabetes both times as well and had to have insulin injections while pregnant. It went away after I had both the boys, until I hit 40-something and everything started going wrong (boobs dropped, vision blurred, harder to lose weight, and type 2 diabetes). But I digress...

I maintained my weight with both pregnancies. I weighed the same the day that I conceived as the week after I delivered each baby. I was on a strict diet (totally Atkins) to manage my blood sugar levels and manage the growth of the babies.

Everything went according to plan, and I now have two teenage sons slowly sucking my will to live, big boys and picky eaters, but are fairly tidy.

My sister, who is also about the same size as me, has had three children and never had gestational diabetes. Her kids are very thin, will eat their vegetables, but they are determined to live like piglets and never let their mother have a clean room in the house. Or a chair in which to sit that doesn't have crayon and boogers all over it.

Enjoy your pregnancy!

Georgia

Madison 07-25-2009 02:37 AM

Congrats!! :)

dutchgirl 07-25-2009 02:53 AM

Congratulations!
That is awesome news. Now it's time to take the best care of yourself in all ways, because you are also taking care of that little life at the same time.
Fabulous!!!:hug:

MsDiana 08 07-25-2009 03:01 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!