3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Was Your First Post to 3FC Like ? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/177428-your-first-post-3fc-like.html)

Sweetcaroline 07-23-2009 11:27 PM

Was Your First Post to 3FC Like ?

Do you remember your first post on this forum ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been feeling pretty good about myself lately (fitting in to sz 16 cotton shorts w/buttons and a zipper.. :D helped) and I got to thinking that I was really in rough shape when I first came to this group... So... I looked back to one of my very first posts...Here it is...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its dated 3/08
I was writing in response to a fellow diabetic who was very encouraging.

Hi Patti, I'm 49 yrs. I have 75 lbs to lose. I have type 2 diabetes and was put on insulin 5+ years ago because I couldn't/would'nt get the weight off and exercise ... I'm here for support and saw your post.. Your progress is amazing and I hope you continue to do well... It is so difficult some days, but then i bump into people like you. I really need to get a handle on my food etc...I have no diabetic complications... 'yet'.... But...I eat too much at night and wake up with bs over 200... and wonder why i feel lousy... I think this site is great and I'm looking forward to connecting with people here. Thank you for an inspiring post...I'm heading off to read more that will get me thru 'tonight'....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I said I didn't have any diabetes complications 'yet'... but 9 months after that post I had a heart attack... since then I've developed knee problems.. And since that post I've lost 55 pounds. :cheer3:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
What was your first post like ? are your posts different now ?

In mine I played down how miserable I was and just blew off the fact that I was abusing my body in dangerous ways... I have made so many changes that make more more healthy and feel proud of myself...

Onederchic 07-23-2009 11:32 PM

My first post was my intro post found here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/intr...owdy-yall.html

Nothing spectacular :D :p

EZMONEY 07-23-2009 11:40 PM

Great thread SWEET-C

Evidently I can't go that far back! I have been here since my birthday in 2002. Got here by researching a recipe...over 12,200 posts ago!

My first post and for a long time was on Christian Encouragers....that thread lives still today!

DCHound 07-23-2009 11:46 PM

Ha, mine wasn't about weight loss, it was about quitting smoking. Typical. :)

mandalinn82 07-23-2009 11:54 PM

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful idea for a thread!

I'm going to go with the first thread I posted, instead of my replies...my first POST was about DDR, on 12-28-2005. Then I dropped out for 4 months, then came back in April and posted:

Quote:

Anyone have any ideas for me? I spend about 1 week a month away on business. The two issues I'm running into: First, not having time to do my normal routine while traveling (I'm doing 14-16 hour workdays most of the time when I'm away from home- barely enough time to eat, sleep, and throw on clothes). Second is a lack of equipment (I'd request a hotel with a gym, but normally stay with friends who don't have anything at home).

I find it really hard to get back in the groove once I get home if I take a whole week off from my routine, so I try to throw in activity while I can while away - I have a resistance band that folds up very small, so I can work on abs and arms while gone - it doesn't take a ton of time or a lot of space. I try walking (my friends live in a hilly area) but can only sneak in 15-20 minutes because of time constraints.

Anyone else spend a lot of time traveling and deal with this? I'd love some advice, as I'm really struggling with keeping going.
What's so funny is that the next year, when I was there, there was no more "no time" excuse...I woke my butt up at 5:30am to hike those hills for an hour!

The next thread I started was a bit later, and is the first thing I actually remember posting:

Quote:

I am going on a rafting trip at the end of June with some (very fit, very trim) coworkers. Anyone have any experience rafting? This is an excellent motivator for getting fit (well, that and a wedding dress in May 2007), but I want to target toward the muscles used most during rafting if possible for the next couple months. Anyone a rafter or have rafted before? Wondering what muscle groups I should focus on to be in good condition before going.

Idealmuse 07-24-2009 12:16 AM

I don't create many of my own posts and I didn't really do an intro post. Apparently my first one in 2006 was about Jillian Michaels DVDs. I was really into DVD workouts for awhile there.

JustSharing83 07-24-2009 01:28 AM

My first post was in a thread about plus size tops being too short. I was sympathizing with the thread-starter since that's something that drives me nuts.

It was over 2 years ago and I am sadly dealing with the same issue since I was not successful in that initial attempt at weight loss.

Minya 07-24-2009 04:00 AM

My first post was a week ago :D It's still there!

JayEll 07-24-2009 07:13 AM

My first posts were about certain OTC diet pills I was trying and about a diet I found on the internet. This was in 2004, and it wasn't until a couple of years later that I "got serious" about weight loss--started counting calories and exercising regularly.

I reached my goal in 2007 and have been hovering around it since. :D

Jay

nakedmango 07-24-2009 07:45 AM

My first post is here. How things have changed!

TJFitnessDiva 07-24-2009 08:03 AM

I don't remember lol and mine isn't there anymore! It was probably introducing myself and asking for tips :)

Niecy 07-24-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

My first posts were about certain OTC diet pills I was trying
Wow, Jay! YOOOOOU tried diet pills?!?! I bet you almost can't believe it yourself, now. You have come a very long way from that!

My first post was back in May about zig-zagging calories. I came up with a calorie counting plan and needed some insight.

Ironically, I think Jay was the first to post a response and her initial encouragement (along with the others who responded) to go with that plan has led to a 20 lb weight loss so far.

Sweetcaroline 07-24-2009 09:27 AM

For those of you who want to share your first or early posts.. I thought I'd post quick instructions...

Click on your user name as it appears above your avatar in a post.
Select the option "find more posts by...." go to the LAST page
of your old posts, this should show your old ones.

Thighs Be Gone 07-24-2009 09:34 AM

ROFL...I cannot cut and paste my own from this browser. If anyone wants to look mine up and and post it, I would LOVE it! How interesting and what a great, great thread!

Onederchic 07-24-2009 09:40 AM

Here ya go, Thighs Be Gone..your intro post

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/intr...er-newbie.html

"Hey there Everyone. I am so glad I found this awesome website. This looks like a great place to be and be seen! :) I would love to partner up with some of you for additional support here on the blogs or email or whatever. I have been going it alone completely with the exception of blogging on a very slow and unmotivating website."